Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:57 pm

Author Topic: Understanding Unit 1 & Relevance to 3&4  (Read 950 times)  Share 

VVVCCCEEE

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Understanding Unit 1 & Relevance to 3&4
« on: April 13, 2018, 08:33:44 pm »
I have a hard time understanding unit 1 psychology contents. I tried rereading my notes and my brain just doesnt want to retain the info. I've also tried mindmaps, flash cards, watching yt... and it's not working. What should I do?️ and is psychology 12 important for 34 anyways?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:14:15 pm by miniturtle »

KiNSKi01

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +9
Re: Psychology
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 08:44:29 pm »
I kinda forgot what unit 1 covers but Research Methods are definitely important in both 1/2 and 3/4. In addition a solid understanding of the nervous system in unit 1 (I think its unit 1 not sure) is also applicable to unit 3 Psyc.
Sorry for the poor reply  :P I'm sure those who have already completed 3/4 may be of more assistance to you
ATAR: 98.20

'18:
Physics - 42
Psychology - 40

'19:
English Language -42
Chemistry - 40
Further Maths - 45
Maths Methods - 40

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Psychology
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:13:09 pm »
+1
Research Methods is definitely important, and you also want to remember the divisions of the nervous system, the structure of neurons, the biopsychosocial model, understanding neuroplasticity as a concept, and attachment (in infants) [much lower level of knowledge req in 3&4 for attachment].

Flashcards etc. aid memory but they aren't great for building understanding.

If you haven't tried this already, it might be useful for you to consider finding youtube videos etc that go through the content you are trying to learn as having it explained in a different way might help you. Also, feel free to post questions you may have here.

Hope this helps :)

Also, I have changed the title of your post to be more reflective of the post's content