Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 07:51:49 pm

Author Topic: The End of Year 11  (Read 682 times)  Share 

nicola-awad

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
The End of Year 11
« on: July 27, 2020, 08:44:38 pm »
+2
It's all approaching. So incredibly quickly. It feels like yesterday I was in Year 3, yet I'm here jumping into end of year exams and Year 12 before my very eyes.

I'm struggling to balance consolidating new topics learnt in class as well as old topics throughout the year.

Tips?

I don't know how on earth I managed to get so far behind on my maths work... Next year/term that's going to be my focus, just staying updated on maths, holy moly!
Chemistry is epic, hard but fun. Physics isn't too bad at the moment, it's a pretty easy science so far.

After 2 terms of Yr 11 I feel like I'm analysing EVERYTHING. Oh hey that's how this sound thing works, that's why this happens, ha look it's a Machiavel... I like having a level of understanding but I also wish I could be in Year 5 or something easier, maybe just be out of school at uni!

I need to figure out what I want to do. AHHH
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:08:35 pm by nicola-awad »
: )))))

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • HSC Moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
Re: The End of Year 11
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 09:43:38 pm »
+3
Hey nicola-awad,

I know exactly what you mean haha. In terms of content, I'd recommend that you just pull through for your yearlies and then start anew. Only a few subjects carry over in terms of content (Maths definitely and possibly a few aspects of science), and so you should only really be focusing on skills. That's what's going to separate you in terms of how fast you pickup new content if you can just focus on learning a new text rather than floundering on how to write an essay.

In terms of maths, I totally feel that as well. I'm currently going into trials, and it just feels like I never gained a solid foundation, which makes studying and revising so much more difficult. I'm not sure what level you're doing, but for advanced,  I strongly recommend you gain a solid foundation in differentiation, trigonometry, and logarithms, since these will come up again and again in year 12. For extension 1, combinatorics is also a must.

Good luck with your yearlies! You've got this, and if it makes you feel any better, year 12 is essentially the same as year 11, only you've got more experience to work through challenges.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:55:19 am by Justin_L »
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора