Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:06:51 am

Author Topic: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)  (Read 182294 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2017, 05:46:55 pm »
+2
Got my chemistry and English SACs back today. I'm really happy with chemistry.   ;D I got an A+ for a SAC that I thought I stuffed up (I thought my answers were different to everyone else, but turns out it just looked different because I wrote it in scientific notation. I also felt like I rushed through it, but turns out I still got a lot of them right). But I wasn't really happy with my English score.  :'( I got an A, but I really want a 45+ for English, so I know it isn't good enough. Also, I really hate that for my school, although the SACs get cross marked, my teacher who is a really harsh marker gets the last say on my SACs. Quite a few people got C+ for their SACs in my class, whilst other classes had no or a couple of people get C+. What makes it worse is that my teacher is the English coordinator, so I can't complain about it to anyone. But, I'm going to try harder for my next SAC and hope that I get that A+ next time.

Amazing work for Chem - how good is that feeling? ;D It sucks you're a bit down about English, but hey - at least you'll be in a great position come exam time. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2017, 06:05:13 pm »
+2
Amazing work for Chem - how good is that feeling? ;D It sucks you're a bit down about English, but hey - at least you'll be in a great position come exam time. :)
Thanks. Chem felt amazing.  :) I was literally sitting there wondering if it was really my mark, since I walked out of the SAC thinking that I completely stuffed it up. For English, I guess having a harsh SAC marker will prep me better for exams.

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:30 pm »
+4
Ok so today i thought i had the mornings of turns out i didnt and the teacher gave the sacs back, so i had to see him at lunch, i got it back and got 80%. Thats incredible for me since i got 40,50 and 60s%'in year 11. He said my score was well above average. I remember asking my year 11 teacher if it was possible for me to get 80%+ in year 12, and i think she impled that thought it was not impossible it was very unlikely. I was t to comfident about the sac i felt eh, and the prompt was hard as it was ambiguous
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:03:51 pm by TheCommando »

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2017, 11:50:22 am »
+5
29th of March, 2017

Pretty bummed out about today -- had to make an important choce. I think I made the responsible decision.

My uni extension subject is by far my most interesting subject. However, the time commitment is a lot for the 5 extra points I'm aiming for. Additionally, there's so much online work, I have to spend a lot of extra time at libraries just to get it all done, as if I don't I let not only myself down but my group. It also takes over an hour to get here by PTV.

Anyway, I have a bunch of people to take care of (including myself), so between cooking, cleaning, making ca$h dollar bills (for important things like rent), VCE, and sometimes time for myself, I simply can't fit in this subject. Even though I thoroughly enjoy it, I decided that I should probably drop it, lest I burn out or risk other responsibilities.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:56:17 am by Calebark »
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2017, 09:31:55 pm »
+4
The form continues boys!!
78% in eco. I got 52% in my eco exam last year. I was so behind and crammed for that sac. I didnt even finish learning all the content. 60% was considered solid. My teacher did a thing where he called lut names such as person who got most highest and person who improved the most he called mine put for most improved and said he was really impressed with my sac
Crazy thing is, the marks i lost where for the things i was behind in. Next sac ill get over 85% even though ive been told its really tough, i know i can do it and thats what matters

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2017, 12:07:35 am »
+2
History even though its enjoyable is my most neglected subject. Although my teacher is pretty funny, his a crazy looking guy that looks like a scinetist that went over the top as a scientist. And like with most history teachers i assume he would go on rants. His most common rants were of Donald Trump of course

thammie

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2017, 03:14:14 pm »
+4
Got my sacs back and it wasn't as bad as I expected... but still not amazing... but whatever haha....
Currently sitting in the Eng lang lecture by Joseph41  ;D ;D

EDIT: This was posted during the break..... ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 04:14:20 pm by thammie »
2019-2023: BMedSc/MD at Monash Uni
Music performance tips
How I got 48 raw in legal

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #232 on: April 02, 2017, 04:11:24 pm »
+1
History even though its enjoyable is my most neglected subject. Although my teacher is pretty funny, his a crazy looking guy that looks like a scinetist that went over the top as a scientist. And like with most history teachers i assume he would go on rants. His most common rants were of Donald Trump of course
And somehow i got an 80% when i didnt bugger all......
the godd form continues

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2017, 06:52:30 pm »
+1
Got my sacs back and it wasn't as bad as I expected... but still not amazing... but whatever haha....
Currently sitting in the Eng lang lecture by Joseph41  ;D ;D

EDIT: This was posted during the break..... ;)

Yoooo wouldn't even be mad if it were during a content block hahaha. Hope you found it useful! :)

thammie

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2017, 01:00:16 pm »
+3
Yoooo wouldn't even be mad if it were during a content block hahaha. Hope you found it useful! :)

Yesss, it was awesome and really helpful!!! I have a better idea on what I need to work on now like IPA and metalanguage.... I'll probably be posting a  lot more in the forums now haha!!
2019-2023: BMedSc/MD at Monash Uni
Music performance tips
How I got 48 raw in legal

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2017, 01:07:58 pm »
+1
Yesss, it was awesome and really helpful!!! I have a better idea on what I need to work on now like IPA and metalanguage.... I'll probably be posting a  lot more in the forums now haha!!

Hey, that's great! I'm very much looking forward to your posts. ;)

Pls PM me with feedback if you actually despised the lecture hahaha.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2017, 12:15:29 pm »
+1
How are you all finding the holidays? ;D

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2017, 01:35:49 pm »
+2
I actually like it we have more free time which is something that i appreciate more so now i have more time for sports
Evreything is chilled and relax so long as im studuying evreyday for like 2 hours out of my usually 10 hours of free time

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
« Reply #238 on: April 09, 2017, 05:05:21 pm »
+4
I love that I can procrastinate and relax for more than 6 hours a day and still get heaps of work done. I feel like I'm being so much more productive than during school time, since at school I listen to the teacher and nothing goes in, which is because most of my teachers over complicate things or teach too fast.

cookiedream

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +410
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2017, 08:31:34 pm »
+7
| 12/04/2017 |

- Ugh finally finished with my Methods guide. Was more exhausting than Psych....
- School starting in less than a week now....at least we only have Tuesday, Wednesday and half of Thursday because of parent-teacher interviews  ;D
- Last week my grandparents came! It was really nice to have both of them over after so long (the last time I've seen my grandpa was when I was 9)
- Still have holiday homework to complete lol
VCE: (click the links below to view my guides)
2016: Methods [44], Psych [48]
2017: Bio [50], Eng Lang, Chem, Spec
ATAR: 99.75 | UMAT: 88th
2018-2022: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ Monash University

! No longer offering tutoring !