Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:17 pm

Author Topic: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)  (Read 182188 times)

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
Re: VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2017, 11:47:37 am »
Ytb
Eco sac on wednesday
Started studying late fml i know but am making alot of ground

Crap meant to have read the second for english
Havent started. Saw a post on facebook of a hsc exam marker who said u didnt need to read the book to do a good essay. My friend dodnt read the last book and managed to write 4 pages of it. Theres way to get around it apparently.

Mod action: merged double post :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:52:50 am by insanipi »

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2017, 11:58:37 am »
Thanks mate,
Sure hope to do better in upcoming sacs :)
Dw its year 11
So long as u pass. Your scores dont mean much.

NAT0003

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2017, 12:02:30 pm »
Dw its year 11
So long as u pass. Your scores dont mean much.
You're right, won't impact the atar as such, still good to aim high though :D

shezzaloves

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2017, 12:07:44 pm »
Yeah, I'm not really sure if Distance Ed would work for me or not - it's difficult to tell until you do it, I guess!

Perhaps you could do Global Politics stuff at uni? :)

History Rev was good enough, you still learn about politics, mix of humanities and subjects on the body, not too bad haha

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2017, 12:08:45 pm »
You're right, won't impact the atar as such, still good to aim high though :D
Yeah. But knowing that you pretty much wont get anything for your scores takes the pressure of. Year 11 is just about building good habbits, its a practise year for next year.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2017, 01:14:49 pm »
+1
Had my first english sac and methods sac 2 days ago. Think I failed the english sac and got around ~50% for the methoda sac. Not going well for me :'( :'( :'(

That's the good thing about Year 11, though; there's still heaps of time to improve. :)

I quite legitimately know somebody who failed Year 11 English SACs (averaging just over 50%), and then went on to achieve a study score of 48 in Year 12. Amazing, but can definitely be done. :) Let us know how you go when you get your results (if you're comfortable doing so)!

Ytb
Eco sac on wednesday
Started studying late fml i know but am making alot of ground

Crap meant to have read the second for english
Havent started. Saw a post on facebook of a hsc exam marker who said u didnt need to read the book to do a good essay. My friend dodnt read the last book and managed to write 4 pages of it. Theres way to get around it apparently.

Mod action: merged double post :)

Better late than never. ;) Best of luck with it, TheCommando! Sending good vibes! ;D

History Rev was good enough, you still learn about politics, mix of humanities and subjects on the body, not too bad haha

Revs is definitely one of those subjects I sort of wish I did haha. I tried to make up for it at uni, but I don't think it was quite the same. Great subject selection! :D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

NAT0003

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2017, 02:37:33 pm »
+2
That's the good thing about Year 11, though; there's still heaps of time to improve. :)

I quite legitimately know somebody who failed Year 11 English SACs (averaging just over 50%), and then went on to achieve a study score of 48 in Year 12. Amazing, but can definitely be done. :) Let us know how you go when you get your results (if you're comfortable doing so)!

Better late than never. ;) Best of luck with it, TheCommando! Sending good vibes! ;D

Revs is definitely one of those subjects I sort of wish I did haha. I tried to make up for it at uni, but I don't think it was quite the same. Great subject selection! :D
Thanks for giving me hope! :D

---

Also had a busman sac about 2 weeks ago, which i did horrible on, had an accounting sac about 2 weeks ago, have an economics have in about 2 weeks, so much homework >:(

Mod (J41): Merged double post. :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:12:45 pm by Joseph41 »

Shinkaze

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2017, 04:17:48 pm »
+2
Nice job re: English book! What's the text?

And that's so good about uni! Super stoked for you, Shinkaze. :)

Burial Rites haha! Lots of people enjoyed it but I didn't like it :/ Maybe it's just the way it was written haha! Thanks!

12 March 2017 Sunday
- Went out for grocery shopping which I haven't in a while :)
- Haven't done any homework but I should soon ...
- Probably going to bake today or tomorrow!! ( Also haven't baked in a while)

NAT0003

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2017, 04:31:04 pm »
+2
Anyone else doing the old man and the sea for english. How did you find the book. Peronsonally I found it pretty ordinary

88% is awesome!

Hi Joseph41
Do you know if i can get more boxes on my profile as i only have 2 at the moment, and do you know how I can get + respect

mod edit (insanipi)- merged posts, PM if you require assistance in multi-quoting posts. :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:40:10 pm by insanipi »

shezzaloves

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2017, 07:22:02 pm »
+1

Lots of content, Pysch AOS now is 7 chapters long, going to be real fun hahaha

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2017, 08:42:13 pm »
Thanks for giving me hope! :D

---

Also had a busman sac about 2 weeks ago, which i did horrible on, had an accounting sac about 2 weeks ago, have an economics have in about 2 weeks, so much homework >:(

Mod (J41): Merged double post. :)

No problem at all, NAT! I was pretty amazed when I heard it, but it just goes to show that it can definitely turn around. :)

What homework do you have at the moment?

Burial Rites haha! Lots of people enjoyed it but I didn't like it :/ Maybe it's just the way it was written haha! Thanks!

12 March 2017 Sunday
- Went out for grocery shopping which I haven't in a while :)
- Haven't done any homework but I should soon ...
- Probably going to bake today or tomorrow!! ( Also haven't baked in a while)

Yeah, I've definitely heard that a lot of people seem to like Burial Rites. I didn't study English (I did EngLang) and I haven't read the book, so I can't really comment, but it's interesting you found it a struggle. How was it written?

Also this thread would definitely benefit from baking pictures hahaha. ;)

Hi Joseph41
Do you know if i can get more boxes on my profile as i only have 2 at the moment, and do you know how I can get + respect

Hey NAT!

In general, the more posts, the more boxes. But that's not really what you should worry about, because it doesn't reflect post quality, and that's really the important thing. :) And that's where the respect comes in. Here's an explanation of how the respect system works:

Most sections of the forums have an awesome thing that appears to the top right of the post – A respect meter and the option to ‘upvote’ or ‘downvote’ a post. We encourage everyone to upvote any post they find even remotely helpful – these slowly add up to increase the respect count on the profile of the person doing good stuff, and gives them a small form of recognition for their great work.

The formula is:
+1 = 0 Respect
+2 = 0 Respect
+3 = 0.4 Respect
+4 = 0.8 Respect
+5 = 1.2 Respect etc…

Lots of small posts with ‘+1’ won’t increase the respect count on your profile, but one great one with ‘+17’ will increase your respect count by 3.
Don’t downvote posts for no reason. Targeting a specific user’s posts or just downvoting everything in sight is definitely not allowed under any circumstances.

Does that answer your question, NAT? :)

Lots of content, Pysch AOS now is 7 chapters long, going to be real fun hahaha

Oooohh golly, that's going to be a laugh! How are you studying for Psych? Lots of practice questions? :)

vcestressed

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2017, 09:02:18 pm »
+2
12/03/17
- exercised again  8)
- did bio and ended up making so many puns/lame jokes while making summaries and laughed by myself ;D
- facetimed a friend for 4 hours lol ::)
- cooked some nice food
Had a nice day! :P

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2017, 09:05:30 pm »
+1
12/03/17
- exercised again  8)

You're on a roll! It's a streak!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

vcestressed

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2017, 09:07:33 pm »
+3
You're on a roll! It's a streak!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
gotta do what you gotta do lol. . . not gonna sacrifice my health bc of vce   :D

NAT0003

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2017, 09:53:11 pm »
No problem at all, NAT! I was pretty amazed when I heard it, but it just goes to show that it can definitely turn around. :)

What homework do you have at the moment?

Yeah, I've definitely heard that a lot of people seem to like Burial Rites. I didn't study English (I did EngLang) and I haven't read the book, so I can't really comment, but it's interesting you found it a struggle. How was it written?

Also this thread would definitely benefit from baking pictures hahaha. ;)

Hey NAT!

In general, the more posts, the more boxes. But that's not really what you should worry about, because it doesn't reflect post quality, and that's really the important thing. :) And that's where the respect comes in. Here's an explanation of how the respect system works:

Does that answer your question, NAT? :)
Yes, it does :)

Oooohh golly, that's going to be a laugh! How are you studying for Psych? Lots of practice questions? :)