Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:18:48 am

Poll

Should I make a uni journal

yes
no

Author Topic: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧  (Read 59393 times)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: J_Rho's VCE Journey | 90+ ATAR
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2020, 06:17:27 pm »
+3
Do it! There is no harm, and as CM said, if it turns out badly no one is going to see!
I think I'm just terrified from all those relatives saying "never dye your hair it'll never look as beautiful as it does before you do it" which is stupid cause hair grows out and it's not permanent!

Go for it J_Rho, add some colour to these darker times!!

Plus, no one has to see it if it looks bad anyway (which I'm sure it won't)

Haha! That's what I said to mum! "Pshhh, it's not like we are going outside anyway!"
But you best bet I'll be showing yall how it looks even if it turns out trash!!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2020, 06:38:31 pm »
+3
Dye it! As a redhead myself 👩🏻‍🦰, I love that colour of hair. We are in quarantine, why not? I’ve dyed the under side of my hair pink  :)
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2020, 07:11:53 pm »
+11
Me talking about my hair
Okay so I dyed my hair with this weird washout dye in the colour orange. I have pretty dark hair with orange undertones (ie. when its sunny parts of it look orange), so I wasn't expecting it to show up at all.
Here's a few b4 photos
Spoiler

and here's how it turned out
Spoiler
(pretty shit but as expected...the photos don't show how my highlights are basically orange now but that's prolly cause I'm taking photos at 7pm at night with only a lamp)

and here's me feeling cute, as you can see when its dark my hair looks normal
Spoiler

Overall, when I'm 18 I might do it properly and dye my hair an auburn orange colour (like Karen Gillian maybe)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 03:08:19 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2020, 12:53:02 pm »
+11
I meaaaaan my school holidays don't end this week...

09 April 2020

Psychology:
My plan for this subject is to get all of AOS 1 and 2 checkpoints and topic tests are done by the end of the holidays.
I haven't done this or even started it. But this is because I've been working through the bare minimum for my other subjects first before I do the extra 5% but hopefully in the next day or two I'll get to this. I was not happy with my last SAC mark (84%), and I don't think it was reflective of the effort I've been putting into Psych. However I'm not too bummed about it as I am Rank 1 so to me its like a lil warning like Hey, you're doing good but watch out, you gotta step up your game. So I need to get on top of that and do lots of practice questions.

Biology:
I've completed most of AOS2, but I'm being pretty cruisy cause my teacher only set Chapter 8 for holiday homework so the plan for today is to do Chapter 8, 9 and 10 and do a Unit 3 practice exam. My plan for this subject is to make sure I'm doing a practice exam a week and actually revising.
Alright, I haven't done this, as I already have my notes from last year so I'm focussing on Maths, English and Legal and will come back to this once all that is done. But I'm just going to say, THE EDROLO 2020 TEXTBOOK IS AWESOME.

Further Maths:
I'm halfway through Chapter 6 and then I'll do Chapter 7 from the Cambridge book and then do all the Data Analysis questions on Edrolo.
This is my task for today, to finish all my FM homework...I'm almost finished Ch7 so hopefully I can also start on English stuff also.

English:
Tomorrow will be finishing a Language analysis practice SAC that I started on the last day of term. On Monday I'm going to do the 2017 practice exam (but only the text analysis and analyzing argument), and if I'm feeling good do some of the Language analysis exercises in the Pearson English textbook and finish making notes on the LA Edrolo videos.
I haven't done any of this. This is my job for the next 2 days. I just need to do it, starting is the hardest part and I know if I don't do it I'll feel like shit and my grades will be reflective of the lack of effort.

Legal Studies:
Next week will predominantly be reviving Edrolo AOS1  for a SAC that's supposed to be held first week of term, and then working through the videos for AOS2. And then I have to work through AOS2 in the textbook up to pg. 170 so basically just stuff on CAV and VCAT. My plan for this subject is to once I've done that do all the checkpoints for AOS1 so I'm really prepared for the upcoming SAC.
I don't even know what day it is, and I think we are still in "next week", BUT I am yet to start on this stuff. Thats also my job for the next 2 days. And I honestly think I need to prioritise tasks and then turn off my computer and phone and just do it. Until I realise that all my textbooks and edrolo is online, great. Looks like I'm going to be downloading a app blocker and only allowing Edrolo, Google Drive and RESN, because ya girl have no self control.

In conclusion, I have to do these things:

Today
Bio Ch 8
Psych Ch 5
FM Ch7
FM Edrolo Tests

Tomorrow
Pearson English Activities: pg 164, 171, 173
English Exam 2017
English Edrolo - Station Eleven and LA

12th April
Legal Edrolo AOS1 Videos
Legal Textbook Activities pg155 - 170]

EDIT: Eloisegrace's journal entry about facts about her made me remember...

One of the local theatres I volunteer for was supposed to be doing Mamma Mia this year and I was heartbroken I wouldn't be able to work it because I'm in Yr 12 and it wasn't feasible to do a few months of shows with Kinky Boots and then bump out (usually starts as soon as the last show finishes and goes early into the next morning) and then get a few hours sleep before bumping in the same afternoon for Mamma Mia to do another few months. But they cancelled so we most likely will do it next year! Which means I will be able to do it!!!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:14:00 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2020, 02:38:36 pm »
+12
This was very hard to write as its not something I've talked about to any length, and to be honest after it happened it was very hard. The day after I remember waking up and the feeling of normality only lasts a second before you remember everything like you're being told again for the first time, and the dreams are just horrible

Its true to say that the other volunteers are my family and I would go as far as to say that they are more like my family then my real family. I've been with the unit since 2017 and I went through a really dark time in 2018 which at some point I might talk about and there were these 2 members were my rock and they are what kept me here and they responded to my stupid texts at 1 in the morning and called me when they could tell i needed it. They know me better than I know myself at times and they are my family, and my best friends.

Today marks a year since my orange family lost one of our own, we follow in his footsteps in the hope of making him proud. I remember walking into training and being told and time just stood still and I felt winded, struggling for breath as all colour drained from my face. For months I didn't believe it, just waiting to see you walk through the door with a grin and a loud "G'Day mate".  It is a day that will forever be engrained in my memory, of a friend lost too soon. Thank you for the friendship and mentoring you gave us, we are all so grateful for you to have been such a massive part of our lives.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:17:19 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2020, 02:45:38 pm »
+5
I am so sorry for your loss J_Rho :'( :'( :'(

2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2020, 02:21:20 pm »
+8
I am so sorry for your loss J_Rho :'( :'( :'(
Thank you for your support girlie ♡

Ah shit...school starts on Wednesday

13 April 2020

The last few days have been pretty crap and I've gotten next to nothing done, so hopefully, I can have a productive day and get myself prepared for school on Wednesday.
The last week I've really slacked off with everything, from maintaining a good sleep schedule to drinking enough water to keeping my room and desk tidy. I'm going to make a little checklist of things i need to do at the start and at the end of each day to help remind me and get back into the swing of things. With regard to homework, I still have a lot to do. I haven't really started on the Legal homework and have only done a tiny bit of the English work but that's today's job! I also need to make sure all my cute tops are clean so I can look bomb in the video classes but I'm actually comfy as cause I'm also in trackies and slippers with a blanket but you can't see ittttt, so maybe there are positives! I can't get told off for taking a blanket to class  :P

I've actually gotten through most of my holiday homework, believe it or not, I've got about a 1/4 of it left! Idk why teachers give no summer homework but a shit load of easter homework... I just wanna paint my nails and read books curled up in a doona, or play video games and take candlelit baths.

To Do

Legal
• Edrolo: Legal AOS1
• List in clear points, the following: factors to consider when initiating a civil claim, including negotiation options, costs, limitation of actions, the scope of liability, enforcement issues
• Read pp.155-159 Mediation.
• Summarise the boxes on p.157 "When is mediation appropriate/inappropriate."
• Summarise the Legal brief on p.158 and the NewsReport 5.5 on p.159. 
• Answer all of the questions 1-5 on p.159
• Read on Conciliation and Arbitration (160-161)
• Summarise/paraphrase the grey boxes for each area
• Complete Activity 5.3 on the role of dispute resolution methods.
• Read pp 162-163: What is CAV? – 100-word response.
•  Read p.163 Read about VCAT. 
•  Define its role and summarise 7-8 points from the snapshot that demonstrates you understand its importance.
• Summarise table 164 ensuring you have a knowledge of its divisions and lists.
• Read and summarise pp 164 -168
• Read pp 168-169 Exercise 5.8: Appropriateness of VCAT in solving disputes.  List weaknesses and strengths as well as two key reforms
• P.170 Answer questions 1-5 thoroughly.

English
• Page 171 “Too much water required to grow steak” Essay
• 2017 English Exam
• Page 164 Questions

FM
• Edrolo Test 3
• Edrolo Test 4

To be absolutely honest, I'm not gonna get this all done today but I reckon if i focus I can get it done by tomorrow arvo especially if i allow more time than needed so here's a cute lil table I made

Some Quotes I'm Trying To Live By
// Its gonna happen cause I'm gonna make it happen //

• Tell me I "can't" and I will embarrass you •

~ If it's easy it won't be worth it ~

The distance between your dreams and reality is action

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:12:28 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

TigerMum

• Trendsetter
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2020, 06:29:25 pm »
+4
Hey J_Rho, hope you're doing well!

Good to see you've done most of your holiday homework, I'll be starting a few assignments tonight that are due on Wednesday, so you're ahead of me at least.  :)

Do you know how your online classes are going to work? Even though I had one day of online classes last term, I haven't received much communication about how they will be running, so I'm curious as to how yours will work.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2020, 08:18:28 pm »
+8
Hey J_Rho, hope you're doing well!

Good to see you've done most of your holiday homework, I'll be starting a few assignments tonight that are due on Wednesday, so you're ahead of me at least.  :)

Do you know how your online classes are going to work? Even though I had one day of online classes last term, I haven't received much communication about how they will be running, so I'm curious as to how yours will work.

I'm doing okay, how about you? How are you coping with everything?

For most of my classes, we will just be doing work set by the teacher and when it comes to attendance we have to write our name in the group chat. For one of my classes, we will be using Google Meet to start the class so the teacher can explain the lesson and mark the roll. I've attached some photos in the spoiler below, basically (dunno if u use this or not, i can see my timetable for the day and i click of a class and it opens what you see in the second image and of course we have a class group chat in which we ask questions and attendance is marked.
Spoiler

— VCE —

— University —

Marylen

• Forum Regular
  • 'You can live with disappointment but not regret.'
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2020, 12:08:58 pm »
+3
I'm doing okay, how about you? How are you coping with everything?

For most of my classes, we will just be doing work set by the teacher and when it comes to attendance we have to write our name in the group chat. For one of my classes, we will be using Google Meet to start the class so the teacher can explain the lesson and mark the roll. I've attached some photos in the spoiler below, basically (dunno if u use this or not, i can see my timetable for the day and i click of a class and it opens what you see in the second image and of course we have a class group chat in which we ask questions and attendance is marked.
Spoiler

My group chat for Maths Methods in Google Classrooms is being spammed with memes and random chit chat as of now ahahah. My Chem teacher told me to sign up to Zoom so I'm guessing a lot of my classes will soon be conducted on there. We had a similar experiment in psych class the other day for classical conditioning, except, we didn't use wizz fizz and used chips instead. When my teacher went to buy it, there was none left because people had been stocking up on it :/
Marylen's VCE journal

2020:
Psych: 40
Further Maths: 39

2021:
Methods, Accounting, English & Chemistry

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2020, 04:15:27 pm »
+1
EDIT: Eloisegrace's journal entry about facts about her made me remember...[/b]
One of the local theatres I volunteer for was supposed to be doing Mamma Mia this year and I was heartbroken I wouldn't be able to work it because I'm in Yr 12 and it wasn't feasible to do a few months of shows with Kinky Boots and then bump out (usually starts as soon as the last show finishes and goes early into the next morning) and then get a few hours sleep before bumping in the same afternoon for Mamma Mia to do another few months. But they cancelled so we most likely will do it next year! Which means I will be able to do it!!!!

Yay!! I absolutely love Mamma Mia and I'm so glad that you will now be able to do it (at least corona has been nice for one thing...)
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2020, 01:39:49 pm »
+9
My group chat for Maths Methods in Google Classrooms is being spammed with memes and random chit chat as of now ahahah. My Chem teacher told me to sign up to Zoom so I'm guessing a lot of my classes will soon be conducted on there. We had a similar experiment in psych class the other day for classical conditioning, except, we didn't use wizz fizz and used chips instead. When my teacher went to buy it, there was none left because people had been stocking up on it :/
I wish my class chats were that fun! Our teachers are like "this is for learning only", has your school gone ahead using Zoom (despite security issues)? Oh no! Did you end up being able to do the experiment? But hey i don't blame people (i do panic buyers suck), chips are good! (panic buyers deserve to live for a week on nothing but oats, and some random condiments)

Online Schooling Day 3: Time to start a youtube career

16 April 2020

Welcome back to my channel! Hi! How are ya?

I think it is time I begin my journey as a beauty guru. Buh bye ATAR, hello Youtube.

In all seriousness, online school isn't too bad. Of course, there are some negatives such as I have not motivation or discipline and sitting in a class is a lot better to ask questions etc but there are quite a few positives such as the fact there is more time in the day to do stuff! To those that do school completely online all the time, I applaud you. You are mfing superheroes.

Psychology:
This class is being run via a group chat, so its all VERY self directed. So far we are being given worksheets to do which is lovely and we have not been told anything about our upcoming SAC. In all honesty, I actually prefer Psych in an online format.

Biology:
Again this class is very self-directed, we did video call with the teacher yesterday and he basically asked us if we had any questions and then he left us to do our work. Not sure how this is going to work for the rest of the term but practicals aren't that necessary for this subject but I feel like it'll lowkey suck having online classes

Further Maths:
 The teacher is currently sending us videos for each exercise showing us how to do stuff which i really helpful as the textbook often doesn't explain things very well. I just had a class and we did a practice sac and it actually went pretty well but like we were all so scared to ask questions.

English:
The teacher talks so so so much. She talks and explains things and tells us to do xyz while she explains things and it's really hard to try and do work AND focus on what she's saying, she has asked for feedback so I'll definitely communicate this to her. I much much much prefer doing English in person.

Legal Studies:
So far, really good. The teacher talks for the first 15 min answers questions and then lets us get on with the required work and is available in the group chat to answer questions. He leaves really detailed lesson plans on what he wants us to do and what is expected of us at the start and end of each lesson.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 07:26:40 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

Marylen

• Forum Regular
  • 'You can live with disappointment but not regret.'
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2020, 02:32:45 pm »
I wish my class chats were that fun! Our teachers are like "this is for learning only", has your school gone ahead using Zoom (despite security issues)? Oh no! Did you end up being able to do the experiment? But hey i don't blame people, chips are good!

Online Schooling Day 3: Time to start a youtube career

16 April 2020

Welcome back to my channel! Hi! How are ya?

I think it is time I begin my journey as a beauty guru. Buh bye ATAR, hello Youtube.

In all seriousness, online school isn't too bad. Of course, there are some negatives such as I have not motivation or discipline and sitting in a class is a lot better to ask questions etc but there are quite a few positives such as the fact there is more time in the day to do stuff! To those that do school completely online all the time, I applaud you. You are mfing superheroes.

Psychology:
This class is being run via a group chat, so its all VERY self directed. So far we are being given worksheets to do which is lovely and we have not been told anything about our upcoming SAC. In all honesty, I actually prefer Psych in an online format.

Biology:
Again this class is very self-directed, we did video call with the teacher yesterday and he basically asked us if we had any questions and then he left us to do our work. Not sure how this is going to work for the rest of the term but practicals aren't that necessary for this subject but I feel like it'll lowkey suck having online classes

Further Maths:
 The teacher is currently sending us videos for each exercise showing us how to do stuff which i really helpful as the textbook often doesn't explain things very well. I just had a class and we did a practice sac and it actually went pretty well but like we were all so scared to ask questions.

English:
The teacher talks so so so much. She talks and explains things and tells us to do xyz while she explains things and it's really hard to try and do work AND focus on what she's saying, she has asked for feedback so I'll definitely communicate this to her. I much much much prefer doing English in person.

Legal Studies:
So far, really good. The teacher talks for the first 15 min answers questions and then lets us get on with the required work and is available in the group chat to answer questions. He leaves really detailed lesson plans on what he wants us to do and what is expected of us at the start and end of each lesson.

The principal decided that Zoom contained too many privacy issues so he sent an email saying that ZOom was banned and now we're using WebEx instead. Do you prefer online learning or learning in a classroom setting?
Marylen's VCE journal

2020:
Psych: 40
Further Maths: 39

2021:
Methods, Accounting, English & Chemistry

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2020, 03:09:44 pm »
+2
The principal decided that Zoom contained too many privacy issues so he sent an email saying that ZOom was banned and now we're using WebEx instead. Do you prefer online learning or learning in a classroom setting?
Webex works really well, I use it for SES and prolly think its better than Google Meet.

I do enjoy the freedom that comes with online learning but I miss the social aspect of a classroom setting and it easier to get work done in an actual class it way too easy to procrastinate at home.

Have you picked up any hobbies or do you have something that you want to do (like paint a picture or bake something)?
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2020, 03:47:48 pm »
+11
Week 2 Part 1
ooo, weird post format! I'm seeing how this works posting about Mon & Tue and on Wed - Fri and on Sat & Sun

Monday – 20 April

English – Worked on cartoon analysis, and I found it really hard analysing an image on its own but it’s definitely given me some tools and a better vocab to help me analyse images in the future. I have a practice sac on Wednesday which I’m nervous about because I am really not great at language analysis.

Psychology – We watched a video from the big bang theory about Sheldon training Penny and wrote about it in our log books which we will use for our sac next week. I’m actually really nervous for this sac because its based on our log book entries and not like textbook content so im really worried my log book entries will be good enough to get a high score on this sac. As far as I’m aware, I’m rank 1 but there one girl who idk what score she got so I could be rank 2. My point is that I really want so score as close to 100% as possible.

Further Maths SAC: Part 1 – So I’d usually have privos for the rest of the day after 11am but my data analysis sac was scheduled 12:30 – 2:15. I was super nervous despite doing a practice sac and getting really good feedback on it. And it wasn’t too bad but my calculator had a fit and was showing this

when I was trying to make parallel box plots and I also went and I also heated and ate lunch cause I was SO HUNGRY (idk whether this is a pro or con to doing sacs at home) but I defs think some of my responses could have been more refined - such as this, it has hands down got to be the worst sentence I have ever writen and im not even exaggerating.
The lower and upper quartiles for the Early Industrial Era, Post World War 2 Era and the Modern Era  have increased, with the lower quartiles of 19.85, 19.965 and 20.25 and upper quartiles of 20.67, 20.765 and 20.92 respectively. This shows us there is an increasing trend in temperatures over time.
I am resigned to the fact I will score so so so badly on this like less than 40% I swear. Sorry that’s a lie im not resigned to it – I’m really stressed and I feel like imma breakdown any minute because I want to do really well in FM 😭

Access Monash Mentoring – So I’ve scheduled my first Zoom meeting with my mentor, on Thursday and I’m usually super nervous for stuff like this especially video calling but I’m not nervous (maybe my body is saving all the stress for the night before haha). Not actually sure what to expect from the program tbh, as theyre like make uni/industry connections but they also mentioned something about VCE mentoring so I have no clue. I did find my mentor on FB and I think she’s a Law student which will be interesting as!

Tuesday – 21 April

Legal Studies – Okay so I am going to admit I had a crap morning and I could not bring myself to hop on the video call so I just did the set work. Probably not the best idea but it fine. I haven’t done much work for this subject outside of class time or completing assignments because I’ve been dedicating all my time to English and Further and Psych cause I have upcoming SACs, which isn’t the best because the Legal SAC is in the 1st of May which is like 10 days away so I’ll have to get onto that ASAP.
Rant
I’m so irritated because my parents are so loud, like they’ll have a free period and they’ll be talking so loudly right next to where I am. Like I don’t have an issue with them making food or helping my siblings with their work like I get that but could they not talk elsewhere? Or quieter? Dad literally lectured me tell me I’m supposed to be helping teach my siblings, and I’m like ummm I’m literally doing class work im literally in a class. And then he told me that ‘its not like you do work anyways’ and that ‘you don’t do shit, don’t act like you use your privos to do work’ and I’m sitting here like I’m sorry what am I literally doing right now?? It really irritating and if I try and tell them anything like ‘its really distracting when you have conversations next to where im working’ they’ll tell me im selfish. I usually have headphones in to drown out all the annoying noises but my headphones broke and because Im not working my parents wont let me buy new ones which im mad about like its my money, AND im buying something I need for school. Like its not like im buying food or clothes or something that’s not useful.

Biology – I love this subject a lot and the teacher makes it super engaging but its hard to consolidate knowledge without classroom interaction. But I did it last year so I've already got a pretty good understanding so i literally have nothing to complain about. And tbh I’ve been super slack and not done like anything. At all. I was feeling really good and motivated yesterday and today I feel like crap sooooo im going to exercise after ‘school’ and hopefully I’ll feel better and get some study done.

Further Maths SAC: Part 2 –
vibe check
Before sac vibe check – the vibes are ok
After sac vibe check – the vibes are fucked
The sac was atrocious, and I think imma do so poorly on it I wanna go each chocolate and cryyyy
The last bit (writing the report) is on Friday and hopefully that bit is better than the rest.
I feel so flat. I was thinking I should after bio I should exercise now I know I need to, and drink wore water, and eat more than just green tea and pasta.

Other
I feel like absolute shit, and I have no idea why. I want to nap, cry or eat some chocolate. or maybe all 3.
And to be honest it is probably lack of exercise and food and water but like im so drained

I’ve been listening to a lot of Glass Animals, Lana Del Rey, Love Fame Tragedy and The Wombats this week. Idk why but im digging older songs but also theres a select few new songs that are so good!! You can check out what I’ve been listening to here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:25:55 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —