Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:27:13 pm

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 378367 times)  Share 

I don\'t know

• Adventurer
  • n
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1230 on: June 26, 2019, 11:24:13 am »
There are 15 people trying from my school and only 3 get in. The chances are probably lower than yours. Damn, the more I think about it the less chance that I will get into JMSS. Last year I thought my chances are 50-60%. Then, after realising how well everyone did the test, it turned out that my chances are about 30%. Now it seems like 15 %. I am so confused  ??? and honestly have no hopes whatsoever.

omg sameeee. I have almost 20 people trying out from my school and theres TWO MOTHER FUC*ING CAMPUSES> So theres probably like 35+ students trying out in total  :'( :'( :'(

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1231 on: June 26, 2019, 12:53:16 pm »
if any of u guys get into JMSS, if you can, can u just pls give me a list of textbooks that they may be using for the test. that would be srsly helpful, cos my school's textbook are soo bad (like there are even some problems with the answer key for some exercises and etc.) and my school does not even know how to grade people (the SUPER SMART kids get like Ds for their report and some kids who have plagiarised the whole test [open book] get like As)

if u do thx a million   ;D

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1232 on: July 06, 2019, 10:12:13 am »
are u guys going to do any of the mock interviews for tuition? I personally hated some of them. I was stammering so much during the individual interviews and was freaking out for the group interview. My team didn't even let me speak and i was forced to just listen to their arguments.

Oh and one more thing. For those who are in JMSS this year:

do you mind if i ask you how the interviewers were last year??

thx!!!

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #1233 on: July 13, 2019, 07:11:45 pm »
are u guys going to do any of the mock interviews for tuition? I personally hated some of them. I was stammering so much during the individual interviews and was freaking out for the group interview. My team didn't even let me speak and i was forced to just listen to their arguments.

Oh and one more thing. For those who are in JMSS this year:

do you mind if i ask you how the interviewers were last year??

thx!!!
I’ll start going to these tuitions once I received the message that I got into the interview. I’m now just do simple reading along with TED recently. It’s easy to get to the interview, and I heard some students  in my co-curriculum class got to the interview, but I’m not 100% sure.
Plus, I want to ask that when will the results of the test come out, I already heard people getting results,and I’m still counting days
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:04:01 pm by SynX »
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

fibssggloss

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1234 on: July 14, 2019, 07:00:29 pm »
I didn’t receive an email yet... does that mean I failed?

I'm pretty sure that only the year 10s that's applying for year 11 2020 got their interview email, no one else.

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1235 on: July 16, 2019, 10:31:53 am »
So, for year 9 applying for year ten, when do I receive the results?

mehr667

• Forum Regular
  • monash gang wya
« Reply #1236 on: July 16, 2019, 08:21:34 pm »
So, for year 9 applying for year ten, when do I receive the results?

it'll probably be late July; around 30th so basically within the next 2 weeks expect an email. also they dont give out rejection emails ive heard which sucks

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1237 on: July 16, 2019, 08:23:35 pm »
it'll probably be late July; around 30th so basically within the next 2 weeks expect an email. also they dont give out rejection emails ive heard which sucks

IKR!! We'll just have to wait for like ever until we get the actual results in September (I believe).

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1238 on: July 16, 2019, 08:31:13 pm »
I’ll start going to these tuitions once I received the message that I got into the interview. I’m now just do simple reading along with TED recently. It’s easy to get to the interview, and I heard some students  in my co-curriculum class got to the interview, but I’m not 100% sure.
Plus, I want to ask that when will the results of the test come out, I already heard people getting results,and I’m still counting days

Oh ok thx. Out of curiosity,  do you just watch TED -talks or do you actually watch all TED-ed videos. I just checked with my friends on Monday and today, no-one I've heard has gotten into the interview yet. I'm honestly super scared, I tried so hard and now I feel like all of that is a waste :(

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1239 on: July 17, 2019, 08:42:28 am »
A very lucky thing that I took notes on the information night and knew what type of student they want, and a few months ago I also knows the format of interviews. I find out that enrollment will be offered in early September.
Unfortunately, seems I suck at my grades (except maths and science tests)in semester 1, which decreased my chance of getting in.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:57:27 am by SynX »

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1240 on: July 17, 2019, 08:43:10 am »
Oh ok thx. Out of curiosity,  do you just watch TED -talks or do you actually watch all TED-ed videos. I just checked with my friends on Monday and today, no-one I've heard has gotten into the interview yet. I'm honestly super scared, I tried so hard and now I feel like all of that is a waste :(
You are not the only one reading with TED  ;)
And what you work hard for will be useful, probably your friends are in the same year level as you, so no one received messages yet.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:39:09 am by SynX »

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1241 on: July 17, 2019, 01:10:27 pm »
You are not the only one reading with TED  ;)
And what you work hard for will be useful, probably your friends are in the same year level as you, so no one received messages yet.
Yeah learning can never go to waste. All my studying for JMSS, is helping with my science and maths at school, it seems pretty easy. A

Don't worry about having bad grades as most people that have done the test must have bad grades for atleast some of the tests (they wouldn't have had time to focus on school tests). For example, I got like 3 Ds for my term 2 tests (thankfully none were maths or science-related).

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1242 on: July 18, 2019, 09:01:57 am »
Yeah learning can never go to waste. All my studying for JMSS, is helping with my science and maths at school, it seems pretty easy. A

Don't worry about having bad grades as most people that have done the test must have bad grades for atleast some of the tests (they wouldn't have had time to focus on school tests). For example, I got like 3 Ds for my term 2 tests (thankfully none were maths or science-related).
I got grade A at maths and C for science, however, I always get more than 85% on science tests, and 90% for mathematics tests (also, I failed English) . Plus, i’m regarded as a science guy at school (even they don’t check that) .
But the results are not yet known, on the optimistic side we might get in, and on the pessimistic side we might fail at the same time. Expect the best, prepare for disaster (KSP teach me that).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:02:08 pm by SynX »

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1243 on: July 18, 2019, 05:46:50 pm »
I got grade A at maths and C for science, however, I always get more than 85% on science tests, and 90% for mathematics tests (also, I failed English) . Plus, i’m regarded as a science guy at school (even they don’t check that) .
But the results are not yet known, on the optimistic side we might get in, and on the pessimistic side we might fail at the same time. Expect the best, prepare for disaster (KSP teach me that).

Haha, I was literally chanting that last sentence of yours before the exam, expect a bit more modified (Think of the best, be prepared for the worst.)

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1244 on: July 18, 2019, 09:50:05 pm »
Haha, I was literally chanting that last sentence of yours before the exam, expect a bit more modified (Think of the best, be prepared for the worst.)
Really? I read that from a book I borrowed recently from a library.
If you know, one of the active JMSS people called Shades have an average grade more than 90% in his old school, and he is still stressed there. It sucks!