Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:36:16 pm

Author Topic: The Final Quater  (Read 3296 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
The Final Quater
« on: July 18, 2019, 09:38:51 pm »
Did anyone else just watch The Final Quater? What a powerful piece.

I think the way that they purely used news from the time without adding any commentary says a lot. I guess I never realised the magnitude of the situation until I looked back at it through this lens. Some of the commentators and the writers just sound so silly.

What were your thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 09:44:13 pm by laura_ »

SlowandSteady

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +151
Re: The Final Quater
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 10:09:44 pm »
+1
I also saw this tonight; there was some really confronting stuff.
I agree with the fact that the arguments of the newswriters were paper-thin. Gee, Andrew Bolt even said that by talking about racism, Adam was allowing it to happen (I don't know why my grandma reveres him so). I can understand that the 13 year old girl may not have realised the connotations her words held, but if Adam didn't call her out, she would continue to believe that such degrading slurs are acceptable. The claims that he was attacking a defenseless child are rubbish, in my opinion.
QCE Class of 2023 :D

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: The Final Quater
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 05:57:18 am »
+1
The claims that he was attacking a defenseless child are rubbish, in my opinion.

Absolutely agree. If you look back at the press conference that he did at the time, it was the complete opposite. He said not to attack her or go after her and that he did not believe that it was her fault. He said he blamed the people around her and what she was hearing, not attacking her at all.