Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:29:15 am

Author Topic: Jokes thread  (Read 427295 times)  Share 

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: Jokes thread
« Reply #1320 on: December 28, 2018, 11:05:35 am »
+3
I'd tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn't get a reaction.
I was contemplating not to . . .

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #1321 on: February 09, 2019, 02:48:17 pm »
+10
[Please note that there is no real joke here. It's literally a one-line joke based on wordplay, and isn't even very funny. But I like to provide the joke with backstory because I find it personally humorous. Please don't feel the need to read this post or subsequent ones, but if you want to, come along for the ride!]

My joke: part one
Hi everybody. This is a very funny joke. I will incrementally tell the very funny joke in this thread.

This is the story of two men: Nathan and Jimmy. Neither is – or was – particularly special. As far as normality can extend to humankind, both Nathan and Jimmy could be considered “normal”. Yet, they shared a journey that will be told for generations, and this is that story.

To fully appreciate the events that will be told, one really needs to appreciate the background stories of each of the protagonists.

Here is Nathan's story.

Nathan is thirty-two. A professional in the field of accounting, he studied Commerce and Business at university before embarking on his professional career. With 500+ LinkedIn connections and a gift for small-talk, Nathan is charismatic and the epitome of a good workmate.

Nathan’s professional career pleased his parents, Beth and Jeremy, who had to work hard to make a living after arriving from Ireland several decades earlier. Whilst each had a relatively happy childhood, the pair fell on hard times after Jeremy was diagnosed with several illnesses, requiring more money to treat than they had available. The move to Australia was planned with a promise of greener pastures; Beth, who had struggled to find steady work in Ireland, was promised a well-paying full-time position in the sunny community of Townsville. Her pen pal, Lizzy, with whom she had connected some years earlier through popular website http://www.penpalsforyou.com, knew of an opening in the catering field.

Beth had little catering experience. In fact, she didn’t have much professional experience at all. Growing up with six brothers, each of whom seemed less mature in temperament than the last, Beth’s parents tasked her with the unenviable role of caring for her siblings. Whilst Beth’s parents, Simone and Jackson-Mike, were on paper the parents of the family, it was always Beth who steadied the ship. And so, naturally, she had little time to extend her professional career.

Selfless as she was, this meant Beth was in a difficult position when it came time to find a job, making the move to Australia more than tempting. She and Jeremy made the move in the late 1960s. After a (perhaps unavoidable) rocky beginning, Beth developed into a masterful caterer. In fact, after a time honing her skills in the position pen pal Lizzy had first suggested, Beth wanted to spread her wings, and started her own catering business: Caters Gonna Cater.

It was a horrible name – it didn’t even make sense, and certainly wasn’t catchy – and the business suffered as a result. After a mere matter of months that saw Beth invest thousands of dollars into initial start-up fees, Beth and her business were struggling. The decline continued before Beth eventually had to cut her losses; she sold Caters Gonna Cater for $21.60 and a small skinny flat white to an opportunist Mexican man wearing a funny hat. His name was – ostensibly still is – Rick. He was, in all honesty, a bit of a rickhead.

Now, this was not a good time for Jeremy (remember: the father of Nathan), who had worked mostly as a postman to this point (with a brief foray into landscape gardening). He started declining in a physical health sense. A routine check-up at the local general practitioner (Dr. Fiddledums – truly a wonderful man) came with poor news and, for the next several years, Beth and Jeremy were left scrounging their pennies to pay for Jeremy’s medical treatment – not listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, which may or may not have existed at the time depending on how stringently you’re following the timeline of this story.

Jeremy’s spirits remained high, but he had days where he couldn’t help but wonder what he had done to deserve such cruel treatment. With each day he became less mobile – a tragic ailment for a man who had built a career on physical dexterity. Around the local community, he was well known as the “Party Postie”; when delivering mail, he would do cartwheels and other tricks to brighten the mood of any local members peering out their windows at the time.

We interviewed local townsperson Sue Bartleton about Jeremy’s impact on the community. “He was wonderful,” she said. “On Mondays – mail usually came on Mondays at the time – I would delay making my cup of tea until I was sure that the mail had come. I didn’t want to miss out on any of the Party Postie’s tricks.” He was, truly, a respected member of the community.

So Beth was trying to deal with an unsuccessful business venture, and Jeremy’s Party Postie days were well and truly behind him. Nathan knew he had to make a decent career to ensure his parents could be appropriately cared for. And this, coupled with a strong liking for his Year 10 Commerce teacher, Ms. Dollarydoos, was why he decided to study a double degree in Commerce and Business.

Until next time.
My joke: part two
Nathan didn’t always want to study Commerce and Business. In fact, before then he wanted to study a single degree in Business Administration. And before then he wanted to study Science. Back in the day, he was set on becoming a marine biologist. It certainly wasn’t the case that Nathan felt he was built to study Commerce and Business – it’s just where he ended up.

He did well at school, but never really hit his full potential. Behind his back, his teachers referred to him as “Nearly There Nathan” – a reference to the idea that, with application, Nathan could perform a lot better than his grades suggested. Yet, his natural ability, coupled with some proficient cramming toward exams, saw him gain entry into the Commerce and Business degree combination.

Nathan didn’t hate his university experience, but he also didn’t love it. For the most part, he went for the sake of going, doing just enough to pass his units and, ultimately, graduate with his degrees. On his graduation day, he sat next to his friend, Inglis, who he had met on his very first day on campus. Some nice full-circle type symbolism.

After graduating, Nathan was fortunate to land a graduate position at a local accountancy firm. He liked the people with whom he worked, he thought the hours were manageable, and he found the work itself at least somewhat interesting. After two years, he moved on for a promotion and more varied tasks. For a number of years, Nathan floated from job to job, never spending more than three years at one post.

After a time, and thinking he could do with a bit more cash on the side, Nathan started looking for side projects. And there was one he just couldn’t keep looking over; he found a job opportunity to become a knight in shining armour. The pay was good. But there was just one catch: he needed somebody to do it with him. And that’s where Jimmy comes in.

Parts 3-5 to come.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:36:55 pm by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #1322 on: February 09, 2019, 02:55:25 pm »
+8
what
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #1323 on: February 09, 2019, 02:57:39 pm »
+3
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #1324 on: February 09, 2019, 02:59:32 pm »
+5
ha ha this is really the best joke can't wait for episode 2 keep up the good work
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #1325 on: February 09, 2019, 03:22:38 pm »
+5
Part two added to my post above!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:35:46 pm by Joseph41 »

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #1326 on: February 09, 2019, 03:28:25 pm »
+3
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #1327 on: February 09, 2019, 03:36:38 pm »
+3
Part two added to my post above!
I am enthralled
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #1328 on: February 09, 2019, 04:13:47 pm »
+4
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #1329 on: May 05, 2019, 07:42:36 pm »
+6
A new thread to share the best and lamest jokes!

I'll start off:
I wanted to surprise my boyfriends with a limo date so I went off to the limo shop and there was a huge line but I thought "He is important, I'll wait" and hour later I hired a limo. Then I thought flowers would be cute so I went off to the florists and there was an even bigger line but I thought "He is important, I'll wait" and two hours later I bought some flowers. Later that night my boyfriend wanted a drink so I got up to get some punch but
Spoiler
THERE WAS NO PUNCH LINE!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #1330 on: May 05, 2019, 08:25:24 pm »
+1
We have a jokes thread.

We have a HSC Modern History puns/memes/jokes thread.

There are just so many memes and puns floating around the forum.

So I thought, why not make a thread for memes and puns when you have absolutely no context for sharing them? I encourage you to go wild!
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1331 on: May 05, 2019, 08:42:26 pm »
+1
what hair comb does a girl with a gap tooth use to brush her hair - A WIDE TOOTH COMB!
what does the carrot say to the lettuce when he gets mad- AT LEAST YOUR NOT A CABBAGE (CA-BITCH)

i suck at these fml.

while i am here, can i please ask you to complete the below link )S&C PIP QUESTIONNAIRE) - reply when done so i know please.
https://forms.gle/vGf4AYXxDsP6Hmg4A
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:51:10 pm by jelena_nina2001 »

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #1332 on: May 09, 2019, 10:53:23 pm »
A new thread to share the best and lamest jokes!

I'll start off:
I wanted to surprise my boyfriends with a limo date so I went off to the limo shop and there was a huge line but I thought "He is important, I'll wait" and hour later I hired a limo. Then I thought flowers would be cute so I went off to the florists and there was an even bigger line but I thought "He is important, I'll wait" and two hours later I bought some flowers. Later that night my boyfriend wanted a drink so I got up to get some punch but
Spoiler
THERE WAS NO PUNCH LINE!
Oh dear.... *smacks head emoji*
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Rom_Dog

• Adventurer
  • You gotta' just straight up eat the lettuce
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #1333 on: May 11, 2019, 10:31:46 am »
+11
So a horse walks into a bar and is greeted with a polite "hey" from the bartender, the horse then looks him in the eyes and says "sure why not?"

2019 - 2021: Biomed @ Monash!

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #1334 on: May 13, 2019, 03:01:23 pm »
+4
So a horse walks into a bar and is greeted with a polite "hey" from the bartender, the horse then looks him in the eyes and says "sure why not?"

Awful.

Awfully good, that is.