Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:20 am

Author Topic: a journey on the yellow brick road  (Read 33601 times)

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
a journey on the yellow brick road
« on: October 26, 2019, 07:31:00 pm »
+22
Hi! I've been contemplating on making a VCE journey journal for a while, but wasnt really sure how to go about it. So I guess I'm just going to wing it ha ha. (A metaphor for my life lol)

Anyway, I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm fairly new to AtarNotes, but I LOVE it. I love the community, as I feel like I can relate to most of the hardworking students here. I love helping people, so I hope I'll be confident enough to answer questions soon too.

Some Random Facts about Me:
- I'm a strong Maths & Science Student, Chemistry being my Favourite! 
- I like to organise and clean (sometimes)
- I have nice handwriting, and I love writing things down, hence why all my school notes are handwritten.
- My biggest goal in life is to help others, be happy and form good relationships with those around me  ;D
- After I finish school, I want to go in the science direction, and I'm thinking of doing BioEngineering, as it combines my love of design, maths, science and helping others all into one! I'd love to do tutoring one day, and MAYBE even teaching if Bioengineering doesnt work out.

Anyway, lets see how much I decide to update this. I'd love to get to know more people here!

And if anyone reads this - THANK YOU - I appreciate anyone that acknowledges my boring life haha.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 10:10:37 am by ArtyDreams »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: My Journey to the "Top"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 07:52:35 pm »
+9
Hi!

As a bio student I assure you that no life is boring.

Love that you love the community - it'll be great to see more of your posts in future :) Never forget that all the big names of the forums start off with 1 post.

What subjects specifically are you studying? Do you have any plans for after highschool? Seems like there's a fair few directions that could suit you.

Good luck with methods!

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 08:02:59 pm »
+5
Hi!

As a bio student I assure you that no life is boring.

Love that you love the community - it'll be great to see more of your posts in future :) Never forget that all the big names of the forums start off with 1 post.

What subjects specifically are you studying? Do you have any plans for after highschool? Seems like there's a fair few directions that could suit you.

Good luck with methods!

Hi! I really appreciate the reply!!!!! Thank You!!!

Apart from methods, am doing Chemistry, Physics, English, Spec, Art (almost a bad choice ha ha)
I'm actually leaning into a biomedical engineering side - not sure how this will work since I'm not doing biology (definetely a regret ha ha). I feel like its a good option as it ties into my love of helping people, creativity, maths and science all into one!

VCE wise, I'd love a 90+ atar.

Anyway, will end this post with my favorite quote because why not.
'Dont let someone dim your light, simply because its shining in their eyes.'

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 08:17:44 pm »
+2
Hi! I really appreciate the reply!!!!! Thank You!!!

Apart from methods, am doing Chemistry, Physics, English, Spec, Art (almost a bad choice ha ha)
I'm actually leaning into a biomedical engineering side - not sure how this will work since I'm not doing biology (definetely a regret ha ha). I feel like its a good option as it ties into my love of helping people, creativity, maths and science all into one!

VCE wise, I'd love a 90+ atar.

Anyway, will end this post with my favorite quote because why not.
'Dont let someone dim your light, simply because its shining in their eyes.'

No worries at all!

Doing art might be good to give you a bit of variety from your other subjects and expose you to more breadth - I hope it's been working out well for you

After years of being told I wouldn't get a job as a marine biologist (which I'd been aiming for since grade 1-ish) I strongly considered biomedical engineering when I was in year 12. In the end I decided I'd stick with my passion but it does seem like a really interesting field with high potential for impact. Not doing VCE bio might make first year uni a little more challenging but there's bridging programs etc. and I definitely wouldn't worry about it holding you back in the long run :)

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 06:49:17 pm »
+5
Thank you! Art's definetly my strongest subject ha ha .

I remembered to update this journal today! Whoop go me.

Well, I can say I'm procrastinating. I did some methods study today and now ATTEMPTING to do some english study. I have a SAC tomorrow on language analysis - comparing two texts. I'm fairly strong in English but I just dont 'get' language analysis. Anyone else?

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:17:35 pm »
+3
Hi! I've been contemplating on making a VCE journey journal for a while, but wasnt really sure how to go about it. So I guess I'm just going to wing it ha ha. (A metaphor for my life lol)

Anyway, I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm fairly new to AtarNotes, but I LOVE it. I love the community, as I feel like I can relate to most of the hardworking students here. I love helping people, so I hope I'll be confident enough to answer questions soon too.

I'm in Year 11 and I'm a strong maths & science student. Chemistry being my favourite. I'm doing Methods 3&4 this year - the exam is too soon!! My motivation hasnt been that high for that exam either (another reason for making the journal). Who else is feeling the feels about the Methods exam? I'm curious to know. My biggest passion in life is art though. I just love the feeling of creating, and drawing anything, making a bland sheet of paper come to life.

Anyway, lets see how much I decide to update this. I'd love to get to know more people here!

And if anyone reads this - THANK YOU - I appreciate anyone that acknowledges my boring life haha.

Ayy! A fellow chem lover! I'm also in year 11 doing Methods 3/4 and I get what you mean. My motivation is really weird right now. I feel like I'm finally liking maths again but then all kinds of self-doubts kick in haha. How are you feeling about the exams? Lovely having you on the forums!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 04:35:00 pm »
+2
So exciting to see another VCE journal!! I'd love to see some of your art if you'd be keen to share! Are you glad that you chose to do methods early? Have you found it difficult?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 04:36:51 pm »
+3
Great to have you here, rr28. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 06:03:32 pm »
+6
Great to have you here, rr28. :)

Thank you so much!! I'm excited to share my journey and hopefully inspire others too :)

So exciting to see another VCE journal!! I'd love to see some of your art if you'd be keen to share! Are you glad that you chose to do methods early? Have you found it difficult?
Would love to share some art! Will I be allowed to link my art social media page? If not, I'm definetely happy to post a few as pictures here :)  In some ways, I am definetly glad I chose to do methods early, as I feel like it will free up a big load next year, as I wouldve hated doing all maths & science subjects next year. I did have the time to spend on it this year. I have found a few areas slightly difficult, I generally understand everything thats been taught, but find it difficult to apply the basics into harder problems. There are still a few areas that I'm not perfect with (hopefully can solve them in a week!). I also found a new love for probability this year yay! Methods is a subject that I understand quite well, but I just make the WORST silly mistakes and have a horrible attention to detail!

Ayy! A fellow chem lover! I'm also in year 11 doing Methods 3/4 and I get what you mean. My motivation is really weird right now. I feel like I'm finally liking maths again but then all kinds of self-doubts kick in haha. How are you feeling about the exams? Lovely having you on the forums!

HI! So lovely to meet you! I agree - I really want to do well in methods but at the same time, do I really have the motivation to study? I'm not feeling toooooo bad about the exams, particulalry because I'm not aiming for a super high score or whatever, I dont really want to pressure myself as my other subjects are a lot stronger than methods ever was. I guess I'm just hoping for the best! How are you feeling about it!

Anyways, thank you all so much for showing interest in my forum, I really appreciate it! ALso, does anyone know how I can change the name of this thread to something more interesting, could I have really chosen something more cliche  ::)

Anyway, I really better start some work. I have two poster pracs to complete and then I'm pretty much done with my unit 2 subjects (apart from exams which are in 2 weeks, after methods) and I guess its just full on Methods until its over!

Have a lovely night everyone, and hopefully a productive one!

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 08:59:30 pm »
+2
HI! So lovely to meet you! I agree - I really want to do well in methods but at the same time, do I really have the motivation to study? I'm not feeling toooooo bad about the exams, particulalry because I'm not aiming for a super high score or whatever, I dont really want to pressure myself as my other subjects are a lot stronger than methods ever was. I guess I'm just hoping for the best! How are you feeling about it!

Anyways, thank you all so much for showing interest in my forum, I really appreciate it! ALso, does anyone know how I can change the name of this thread to something more interesting, could I have really chosen something more cliche  ::)
I'm not sure how I'm feeling to be honest haha. There are points where I feel like I'm on top of everything but then my marks on the practice exams start fluctuating and that bugs me. Oh well, only 8 more days to go. Btw, to change the title of your thread, just click 'modify' at the top of your first post and you should be able to change it from there :)

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 09:37:23 pm »
+10
Hiiiiiiii

7. Days. Until. Methods.

I honestly dont know how to feel. I honestly feel like I havent taken methods seriously enough - its actually a bigger deal than I'm thinking. Anyway, did some light revision today after finishing my physics poster practical. I completed the 2017 VCAA Ex 1, did surprisingly decently. I've been ntrying to train myself to do maths in pen, I guess I'm progressing in that term :)

I really wish I had something exciting to share, but I guess life has just been borinnggggggg. I cant wait until exam period is over, so I can finally work on some personal projects.

Well........because I feel like I should share something non - school related - I started growing a dahlia plant because those I some of my favoruite flowers! I sprout appeared today after like a month, I'm so excited!!

Also in a productive mood lately because Melbourne has finally blessed us with some hot weather!!

Anyway, will sign off for today, thank you to anyone who has read my journal so far!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 05:45:48 pm by ArtyDreams »

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
Re: a journey on the yellow brick road
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 08:24:31 am »
+7
Back at it again with another journal post - I'm trying to be somewhat consistent with it so I dont completely forget about it haha.

Soooooooo.

5. Days. Until. Methods.

I'm trying to start going over content again, as I feel like I've done so many practice exams and am not really improving from them.
In particular, I'm going over composite functions and transformations again. Tbh at this point I cant wait until the end of Thursday, when methods will officially be over.

ALso, I'm super glad its a long weekend just before the exam. I'm hoping to do some valuable study over the next few days. I've saved the 2018 VCAA exams, for this weekend, well see how I go.

Also, my methods teacher told be I should be aiming for 37/40 on Ex 1. Oh no.

Anyway,  guess thats enough about methods - well thats all my mind has been hinking about the last few days though ha ah.

I've pretty much neglected my Unit 2 subjects though - def not a good thing as my English exam is just the Monday after methods.

Also took the day off school today as I'm not feeling too good - edrolo binging it is today! I didnt really want to stay home as its my last school day before my methods exam, but oh well.

Oh, just to end off, do you know if we have to remember our VCAA number? Or will it be on our desks (was like this for the GAT). And the VCAA number is the only thing we need to write on our exam paper right?

Anywayyyyy - good luck to anyone else whose taking exams these days! I believe in you!!!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 09:10:29 am »
+2
Also took the day off school today as I'm not feeling too good - edrolo binging it is today! I didnt really want to stay home as its my last school day before my methods exam, but oh well.
Edrolo binging sounds like the perfect start to an extra long weekend. Best of luck with all your preparation!!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 09:40:51 am »
+1
It's like the GAT but you're supposed to remember your number so you can double check it. At my school our numbers were also used to see what our seats would be before we walked into the room.

I think you might also write your name but I can't remember

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2019, 06:31:51 pm »
+6
its sunday. thought I'd give a little update.

3 days until methods.

how am I feeling?? Soooooo excited to get it over with ha ha. I really cannot be bothered doing any more practice exams though. Planning on doing an Ex 2 tomorrow but thats about it. I'm feeling alright ish - just hoping vcaa doesnt throw a curveball.

Since I really didnt want to start studying for my other exams in the midst of methods, I decided to start working on my art folio for next year - am so excited with how it is turning out! I cant wait to start my finals soon. I'm trying to get a lot of it done before the holidays as I have a lot of personal projects I want to work on during the holidays.

I'll end this post talking about the weather - why not haha. I've actually been liking the rain - It feels really cozy to sit at my desk studying, but listening to the sound of the rain.