Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:07:57 pm

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1407156 times)  Share 

Seamus Wong

Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5835 on: February 02, 2020, 01:17:07 pm »
+2
Hi Guys,

Was there a specific deadline as to when we were made to put our preferences in for the timetable? Because now when I go on Allocate+, it does not allow me to access it and I haven't put my preferences in yet.

I'm pretty sure there was a deadline (28th of Jan I think??).

dream chaser

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #5836 on: February 02, 2020, 02:11:39 pm »
I'm pretty sure there was a deadline (28th of Jan I think??).

So is there nothing I can do about it now? Also, what is the difference between preference and allocation? Does that mean I cannot change my units now?

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #5837 on: February 02, 2020, 03:09:35 pm »
+2
So is there nothing I can do about it now? Also, what is the difference between preference and allocation? Does that mean I cannot change my units now?

If you didn't enter any preferences before the deadline, you will be given a random timetable when adjustment period opens, presumably based on which classes still have space after allocating everyone who did enter preferences. Adjustment period has been delayed until 21 February, 10AM in light of the recent semester changes.

Some classes do not require you to enter preferences and just allow you to select a time slot to immediately be allocated to - this is often the case with lectures.

I think you can change your units now, you just won't be able to select preferences for the classes obviously. I recommend changing the unit after adjustment period opens just in case it somehow messes with the system.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:11:24 pm by www »
2017~2020 (Monash) | BA, BA(Hons)Psy
2021~ | job! - AN hiatus, it's been fun here (:

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5838 on: February 03, 2020, 11:13:38 am »
+2
I feel like such a fake Monash student rn- the only time I need to catch the 601 and it isn't even packed 😂
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #5839 on: February 03, 2020, 11:27:05 am »
+1
I feel like such a fake Monash student rn- the only time I need to catch the 601 and it isn't even packed 😂

Come and visit around 9am on a weekday during semester some time :P

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5840 on: February 03, 2020, 11:53:20 am »
+1
Come and visit around 9am on a weekday during semester some time :P
That's asking me to wake up super early :P

(I mean I'll be crashing more of these seminars in future, so visiting more often isn't off the cards haha)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5841 on: February 03, 2020, 11:54:30 am »
+2
That's asking me to wake up super early :P

(I mean I'll be crashing more of these seminars in future, so visiting more often isn't off the cards haha)

Another way of getting the packed 601 experience is to try leaving campus around 4pm on a weekday, so that's always an option too haha

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #5842 on: February 04, 2020, 12:06:13 pm »
+4
Hey everyone the Monash page documenting the delays to semester and exam changes because of the novel coronavirus has now been updated here, main update is that any education students will have semester postponed like everyone else as they've negotiated later placement starts now.

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5843 on: February 05, 2020, 12:04:03 pm »
Hey everyone the Monash page documenting the delays to semester and exam changes because of the novel coronavirus has now been updated here, main update is that any education students will have semester postponed like everyone else as they've negotiated later placement starts now.

Double post but has been updated again, in particular specifying which units and courses even more specifically do not have a delayed start to the semester.

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5844 on: February 06, 2020, 06:28:43 pm »
+3
Another update, especially important for @Bri MT and others. All science advanced degrees + science honours students, so that's Bachelor of Science (Honours), Bachelor of Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) & Bachelor of Science Advanced - Research (Honours) will all start on the 2nd of March and are not postponed. See here again for more updates.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 06:45:42 pm by Springyboy »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5845 on: February 06, 2020, 07:01:21 pm »
+3
Another update, especially important for @Bri MT and others. All science advanced degrees + science honours students, so that's Bachelor of Science (Honours), Bachelor of Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) & Bachelor of Science Advanced - Research (Honours) will all start on the 2nd of March and are not postponed. See here again for more updates.

Thank you!

I'm confused by what this means since research students undertake the same units as normal science students and GC students are the same except for our impact through science units of which we only have 1 per semester. Maybe impact through science is starting a week earlier than our other units? Guess I'll find out 

(also I'm in 3 fb groups for Global Challenges + the mass^3 fb group and @Springyboy you were still the first person I heard this from - thanks for keeping us very updated)

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5846 on: February 06, 2020, 07:12:42 pm »
+1
Thank you!

I'm confused by what this means since research students undertake the same units as normal science students and GC students are the same except for our impact through science units of which we only have 1 per semester. Maybe impact through science is starting a week earlier than our other units? Guess I'll find out 

(also I'm in 3 fb groups for Global Challenges + the mass^3 fb group and @Springyboy you were still the first person I heard this from - thanks for keeping us very updated)

That's what it seems like I guess. But yeah no worries @Bri MT, just keep that page open and bookmarked and refresh it a few times a day, as Monash doesn't send out notifications every time it's updated.

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #5847 on: February 06, 2020, 08:47:45 pm »
+4

Yeah, I wonder how this is going to work out logistically if there is a weird crossover of units/aos/courses.

For example, psychology honours can be taken in 3 different courses (BA, BSc, BPsych), so it would be really weird if Monash don't make these more specific down the line or clarify how it's going to work for these crossover cases.

EDIT: Got in contact with Monash - because Psychology honours is run by MNHS and not the Science faculty, it is not counted as part of the BSc(Hons) exclusion listing. I told them it could be interpreted as conflicting information for psych hons, and they told me it will be updated. Hopefully other cases like this are made explicitly clear too.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:03:45 pm by www »
2017~2020 (Monash) | BA, BA(Hons)Psy
2021~ | job! - AN hiatus, it's been fun here (:

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5848 on: February 09, 2020, 01:27:53 pm »
+1
Thank you!

Page was just updated again at 8:15am this morning. All science degrees have now been removed from the list as starting as scheduled, and will all start on the postponed date of the 9th of March.

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5849 on: February 12, 2020, 11:13:28 am »
+1
Page was just updated again at 8:15am this morning. All science degrees have now been removed from the list as starting as scheduled, and will all start on the postponed date of the 9th of March.

Not quite actually. List has been updated again, last updated 5 mins ago. BIO3021 & PTY3051 @K888 if you haven't already done it will not be postponed and will start on the 2nd of March.