Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 09:02:23 am

Author Topic: JMSS 2021 Entry  (Read 111968 times)  Share 

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS 2021 Entry
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2020, 02:28:43 pm »
I did my exam yesterday and I think I did really bad on the multiple choice tests but at the same time I found the written ones really easy (I finished them really early and knew a lot about the topics). Does anyone know how long it usually takes after the testing for interview invites to be sent out? I heard they are happening online this year.

Hi, i did the exam yesterday too, i found the procedural pretty easy but i didnt finish the informative which i could have with a bit more practise, i found maths pretty good but numerical and science were alright. Im not sure how long it will take for the interview invites to be sent out. Thanks for replying, kinda helps.

anyone else going to share?@haithere @010000studyhard @twinklehello  :)   
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 02:56:39 pm by aaron6785 »

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2020, 03:06:26 pm »
science: 6. Kinda messed up with the dna questions. it was nothing like i expected. majority of it was problem solving. Some were even maths!

numerical: 9. it was too easy, but could have done the tire and soccer card questions, kinda messed up at the end

Maths: 10. i got everything right im sure of it

prac report: 8. finished in the nick of time, but explained everything in detail. it was a pretty decent topic as well. they gave too much information which helped a lot

Science comms: 8. i literally put the last full stop of the last sentence, a millisecond after. no joke. but that was a pretty hard topic. i struggled to type at the start, but they gave us some info, and what to write about. luckily i practiced some essays on plastic and stuff, but nothing about the enzyme tho

overall i think i am going to get an interview, but it depends on how everyone else went.

a question: im the only one from my school doing it so is that good for me

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2020, 03:07:23 pm »
i did the exam today,
I finished everything went well I guess,
less stressful because it was done remotely.
Does anyone know when the results will come out?

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2020, 03:10:25 pm »
science: 6. Kinda messed up with the dna questions. it was nothing like i expected. majority of it was problem solving. Some were even maths!

numerical: 9. it was too easy, but could have done the tire and soccer card questions, kinda messed up at the end

Maths: 10. i got everything right im sure of it

prac report: 8. finished in the nick of time, but explained everything in detail. it was a pretty decent topic as well. they gave too much information which helped a lot

Science comms: 8. i literally put the last full stop of the last sentence, a millisecond after. no joke. but that was a pretty hard topic. i struggled to type at the start, but they gave us some info, and what to write about. luckily i practiced some essays on plastic and stuff, but nothing about the enzyme tho

overall i think i am going to get an interview, but it depends on how everyone else went.

a question: im the only one from my school doing it so is that good for me

jeez now i feel like i did bad. I dont think u being the only one advantages u cuz its not the selective exam where they take top 5 percent of the year level. they only say they can't take more than 3 percent of a year level. but u sound like u did well so congrats.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:12:25 pm by aaron6785 »

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2020, 03:35:39 pm »
jeez now i feel like i did bad. I dont think u being the only one advantages u cuz its not the selective exam where they take top 5 percent of the year level. they only say they can't take more than 3 percent of a year level. but u sound like u did well so congrats.
yeah thanks. they can take 9 students from my school, because there is around 300 in my year level. tbh it doesnt matter because what will happen will happen

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2020, 03:37:11 pm »
how did everyone else go??

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2020, 04:13:55 pm »
yeah thanks. they can take 9 students from my school, because there is around 300 in my year level. tbh it doesnt matter because what will happen will happen
wot school do u go to?

heyguys98

• Trailblazer
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2020, 05:29:39 pm »
i think the tests were actually much easier that i thought they would be.
maths - 10. i finished all the questions with still some time left.
numerical - 8 had to guess about 5 but the ones i did were not too hard
science reasoning - they were some rlly long q's but i managed to finish all of them
essay - 7 omg i didn't even know what PETase was. i just managed to write something based off the info they provided, but i knew a bit about plastic pollution in general so i focused on that.
prac - 9 easy topic, everything went well. i just felt like my prac was kinda basic but whatever

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2020, 05:48:18 pm »
anyone who did the exam for year 11 entry, after how long did u get your results.

twinklehello

• Forum Regular
  • hi....bye.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2020, 05:55:46 pm »
hey guys!
everyone asking when u get results I called them and they said 3-8weeks so fingers crossed!

for me it was :

Science reasoning 7.5- i was freaking out at the start but it was okay I finished all of them but i think i did alright
Numerical 8- mostly patterns and were pretty easy to figure out i think i mucked up the last few but it went well
essay 8.5- i finished it and wrote a lot for the essay but i did find a bit of trouble on the topic
maths- 9.5 personally found it easy and completed many questions confidently
prac- 10- personally i practised a lot with the formats and answered all the questions and added my own stuff with detail so i think i did well

Good luck to everyone!
bye

seojoonlee

• Trailblazer
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2020, 06:39:39 pm »
does anyone know when we get our results?

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2020, 06:43:31 pm »
does anyone know when we get our results?

3-8weeks

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2020, 07:00:20 pm »
hey guys!
everyone asking when u get results I called them and they said 3-8weeks so fingers crossed!

for me it was :

Science reasoning 7.5- i was freaking out at the start but it was okay I finished all of them but i think i did alright
Numerical 8- mostly patterns and were pretty easy to figure out i think i mucked up the last few but it went well
essay 8.5- i finished it and wrote a lot for the essay but i did find a bit of trouble on the topic
maths- 9.5 personally found it easy and completed many questions confidently
prac- 10- personally i practised a lot with the formats and answered all the questions and added my own stuff with detail so i think i did well

Good luck to everyone!
gee. i thought i did well.  what did everyone write for the essay and the prac report

Alpha Q

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2020, 07:13:48 pm »
Hey has anyone received their confirmation letters from edutest yet cause I haven't. 

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2020, 07:15:16 pm »
Hey has anyone received their confirmation letters from edutest yet cause I haven't.

Which conformation letter?
Do u mean the declaration of Autheticity?