Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:25:27 pm

Author Topic: how accurate?  (Read 1119 times)  Share 

briannaappleworth2

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
how accurate?
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:11:44 pm »
to be honest, i’ve used the deakin study score calculator and also looked at other people’s past GAs and respective study scores.

i know there are ranges for grades and those, but the SS calculator is showing study scores higher than those that people have achieved. is this accurate?

for example in biology i achieved (without VCAAs moderation) a 70 for GA1, around 60 for GA2 and an estimated 60-70/120 for GA3. which equates roughly to a C+ , B and C.
however the calc shows a higher study score than what other people have gotten with the same marks.

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
Re: how accurate?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 09:35:39 pm »
The Deakin SS calculator is based of the VCE Distribution Reports to some extent, in order to maintain accuracy, but towards the higher end of SAC marks, it seems to exaggerate the SS heavily (eg. with my Legal Studies SAC scores + a slightly less exam score, but still an A+, it gave me a 48ish which seems abnormally high).

I feel like with the scores you put in, the SS you're getting should be pretty accurate! In any case, better to underestimate, and considering no one knows the exact formula VCAA uses, probably better to not overanalyse it.  :)
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

Jimmyshaw1c2

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: how accurate?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 09:53:20 pm »
Hey there,

This was a concern of mine too

I plugged in your results into the SS calculater and it does seem relatively high, being a 31, for the letter markings provided. So I guess if it is relatively accurate,you will have a good study score.

But to me it does seem a little off, I'm not sure if anyone else feels that way too