Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:21:46 pm

Author Topic: In a smart Cohort?  (Read 1111 times)  Share 

alonelyboy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
In a smart Cohort?
« on: November 09, 2019, 10:47:19 am »
being from a selective school, i assume everyone in the cohort is smart , however my scores are mediocre. Does being in a ‘smarter’ school have a positive impact on my study score ?

brothanathan

Re: In a smart Cohort?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 11:01:02 am »
being from a selective school, i assume everyone in the cohort is smart , however my scores are mediocre. Does being in a ‘smarter’ school have a positive impact on my study score ?

If you're comfortable, would you like to first elaborate on what your aims or goals are?

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 11:20:04 am »
+3
Whether or not is positively impacts your ss is very dependent on what environment helps you. While there are some advantages to having a well performing cohort, most of these advantages arise when someone who is ranked highly does unusually badly on an exam, so they're not necessarily relevant to you.

Most relevant to you is that being at a select entry school means that it's likely that your sac scores will be moderated up - so getting a mediocre mark on sacs doesn't mean that you won't get a good mark for the corresponding GA after moderation.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

brothanathan

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 11:22:31 am »

Most relevant to you is that being at a select entry school means that it's likely that your sac scores will be moderated up - so getting a mediocre mark on sacs doesn't mean that you won't get a good mark for the corresponding GA after moderation.

Exactly, for some schools a 60% can be the equivalent to a 90% in another. So don't doubt your abilities, learn from your mistakes (don't just contemplate them) and move forward.

alonelyboy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 01:00:01 pm »
For physical education my average for Unit 3 was 85-89% and for unit 4 the same. However i think i did badly on the final exam (i think i got around 70-80%). in all sacs i’ve gotten the class average or above.

but i am hoping for a 38 or above, is it still possible?

i