Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:17:55 am

Author Topic: How to Use the ATAR Notes Forums  (Read 87222 times)

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
Re: How to Use the ATAR Notes Forums
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2018, 11:54:59 pm »
Hey does the team/moderators/the people that run the site read the messages that are sent between two users? or do they not have access to that?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2018, 12:04:52 am »
+3
Hey does the team/moderators/the people that run the site read the messages that are sent between two users? or do they not have access to that?
That's private. They cannot be seen unless reported.

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2018, 02:21:24 pm »
That's private. They cannot be seen unless reported.

okay thank you!

not.yet.a.nerd

• Trendsetter
  • hello!
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2018, 04:06:12 pm »
+1
I'm having trouble downloading an attachment... if there is a post with the paper clip, how do I actually read the attachment? hehehe help appreciated thanks  ;D

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2018, 05:06:02 pm »
+4
I'm having trouble downloading an attachment... if there is a post with the paper clip, how do I actually read the attachment? hehehe help appreciated thanks  ;D
Hey there!
Downloading an attachment typically consists of just clicking on an attachment just below the poster's message. If this isn't working, you could try using another device/web page and see if it works there. If not, it's probably either a corrupted file or incorrectly named, or it's a bug with our site. :) If you keep having issues with it, try asking the poster to re-attach it. Sometimes things just go awry for no reason!
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2018, 05:09:55 pm »
+4
If you continue to have trouble after trying poet's advice, post the link to the thread/post here.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +180
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2018, 05:29:57 pm »
+4
This sounds pretty obvious but one time I was having trouble with this on my phone and turns out I wasn't logged in, so that might be worth checking?
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

not.yet.a.nerd

• Trendsetter
  • hello!
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2018, 10:40:18 pm »
Thanks for the advice, tried everything but still the option to download the file hasn't appeared. It's no big deal though :)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2018, 10:41:55 pm »
Thanks for the advice, tried everything but still the option to download the file hasn't appeared. It's no big deal though :)

What is the link to the post where the attachment is? So we can see.... it may just be your device or something that at the minimum needs to be fixed by the dev. Worth a look.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

maheenkhan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2019, 05:50:46 pm »
How can I make a new thread?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2019, 06:00:14 pm »
+4
How can I make a new thread?
Hey, Welcome to AN

Have a watch of this video from the link below (which is the first post of this thread), it will go through a range of the forum's functionality and includes how to create a thread or "new topic" around the 3-minute mark.

https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=164632.msg866231#msg866231

Hope this helps :)

successismygoal

• Adventurer
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2021, 11:11:05 am »
Hey guys,
Im not new to atarnotes but ive kinda had a mental blank and idk how to see if someone has replied to my PMs. I messaged someone a few months ago and they replied and i saw the reply then, but now when i try to find their reply i cant. I sent them another message yesterday but idk how to check if theyve replied. Can someone pls help?
VCE
2022: |Biology [43]| |Legal [50]|

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2021, 11:18:57 am »
+4
Hey guys,
Im not new to atarnotes but ive kinda had a mental blank and idk how to see if someone has replied to my PMs. I messaged someone a few months ago and they replied and i saw the reply then, but now when i try to find their reply i cant. I sent them another message yesterday but idk how to check if theyve replied. Can someone pls help?
Up near the top where it has a bar, there's
Home    Chat    Profile    My Messages    Members    Logout
Go to My Messages. If there's an unread message there it shows My Messages [1] or whatever the no. of unread messages there are. When you hover over it it has a menu, 'Read your messages' and then 'Send a message'. Select the first one. When it loads, you see a list of your messages; it's automatically ordered by date but you can order it by user or subject if you want. An unread message is in bold. If it has 'Re:' at the start, it's a reply to a message/message thread.
Unless you've turned it off, too, you get an email when someone sends you a message (including replying to something), 'New Personal Message ['Re:' if applicable] [subject]'. To look at a message, click on the one you want to display and your view will jump to it (scroll up to find the message index again).

Hope this helps!
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

successismygoal

• Adventurer
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2021, 11:29:57 am »
Thank you
VCE
2022: |Biology [43]| |Legal [50]|

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2021, 11:55:46 am »
+4
Up near the top where it has a bar, there's
Home    Chat    Profile    My Messages    Members    Logout
Go to My Messages. If there's an unread message there it shows My Messages [1] or whatever the no. of unread messages there are. When you hover over it it has a menu, 'Read your messages' and then 'Send a message'. Select the first one. When it loads, you see a list of your messages; it's automatically ordered by date but you can order it by user or subject if you want. An unread message is in bold. If it has 'Re:' at the start, it's a reply to a message/message thread.
Unless you've turned it off, too, you get an email when someone sends you a message (including replying to something), 'New Personal Message ['Re:' if applicable] [subject]'. To look at a message, click on the one you want to display and your view will jump to it (scroll up to find the message index again).

Hope this helps!
Great explanation :)

I find it's easier for me to keep track of my messages when I go into message settings and set them to display "as a conversation"  + automatically saving messages I send. I also set up folders and sorting rules for my messages but that's only really helpful once you have a lot in your inbox.