Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:29:59 pm

Author Topic: Teaching in Melbourne  (Read 548 times)  Share 

neaSAsh

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Teaching in Melbourne
« on: March 14, 2019, 06:08:10 pm »
Hello everyone, hope your day is going well.

Don't know if this is the right place as I've acknowledged that this website is directed towards students.

I'm currently an MTeach student and I was browsing through reddit recently about what life is like as a teacher in Melbourne, and the results were quite shocking with many saying that the conditions presented aren't worth it. I've read that the income isn't great, pressure is high and overall time consuming (with test markings, class planning etc).

I've had a few placements already and they were the best things that could have happened to me. The feeling where people actually listen to you and the overall cooperation is what I'm looking for in a career. I even made a test for my students and, although the marking was a bit tedious, I did in the end enjoy reading what their thinking was like (though, I can probably understand why more experienced teachers don't enjoy this).

Teaching is a great career path for me, but all these negative comments about it are very puzzling (each one to their own I guess).
Can anyone with experience in this matter shed some light?

Cheers!