Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 05:57:50 pm

Author Topic: Writing In Pencil  (Read 2302 times)  Share 

JamieLeaf

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Writing In Pencil
« on: October 11, 2019, 11:38:30 pm »
Hey Guys,
I've recently noticed that vce maths exams require you to write in pen rather than pencil. As a person who makes a lot of mistakes while writing out working out, I really don't like using pens and I feel like it will only make my paper harder to read from all the crossing out of mistakes. I was just wondering if it is alright to write using darker pencils. Thanks!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Writing In Pencil
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:45:15 pm »
Hey Guys,
I've recently noticed that vce maths exams require you to write in pen rather than pencil. As a person who makes a lot of mistakes while writing out working out, I really don't like using pens and I feel like it will only make my paper harder to read from all the crossing out of mistakes. I was just wondering if it is alright to write using darker pencils. Thanks!
Where do they specifically state to use pen?

Matthew_Whelan

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 11:55:36 pm »
I think it is just Exam 2 Section B that specifies only blue or black pen, so I'd presume you can use pencil on Exam 1.
2018: Psychology
2019: English, Methods, Chemistry, Biology, Physics
ATAR: 88.65

JamieLeaf

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 01:56:04 am »
+1
VCAA have just released the front cover of the methods exam and my teacher showed it to me today. It saids on the front cover that students must write in blue or black pen for exam 1, section b for exam 2 and use pencil for multiple choice.

spursy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 03:01:38 pm »
what happens when we have to graph something? surely that has to be in pencil

Matthew_Whelan

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 03:18:50 pm »
I'd suggest look at previous years examination reports. 2018 says nothing about not using pencil, only that multi choice has to be in pencil.
2019 NHT is the same.
2018: Psychology
2019: English, Methods, Chemistry, Biology, Physics
ATAR: 88.65

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 04:20:00 pm »
VCAA have just released the front cover of the methods exam and my teacher showed it to me today. It saids on the front cover that students must write in blue or black pen for exam 1, section b for exam 2 and use pencil for multiple choice.
Ahh fair enough seems to be a change from previous years. Seems that you need to use pens - if you make a mistake just cross it out.

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 04:45:20 pm »
Start doing questions in pens as soon as you can! Then, during the exam, you wouldn't feel uncomfortable using pens. I found it difficult to transition but our teachers forced us to use pens for maths from year 10, it was weird (and hard at first) but you'll soon get the hang of it!
somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
carl sagan