Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:38 pm

Author Topic: How to study for GAMSAT Physics?  (Read 5196 times)  Share 

Quarky

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: VUSC
  • School Grad Year: 2016
How to study for GAMSAT Physics?
« on: February 03, 2017, 03:45:38 pm »
Hey guys,
After completing year 12 this year and deciding to attempt to enter medicine through the postgraduate pathway via the GAMSAT, I've been worried about learning the physics part of the GAMSAT. I've heard that for the GAMSAT year 12 knowledge of physics is essential, and I've been preparing to gather materials and resources to study the physics component in my own time, as I haven't completed Physics in VCE and am not planning to take physics during Uni.

With my last encounter with physics being all the way back in year 10 (which I wasn't very attentive nor good at, I was a horrible student at that time haha), I'm feeling lost at where to start and what resources to use. So far I have gathered:
- Nelson Physics VCE units 3&4 text book
- ATARNotes 2016 3&4 Edition 1 Course Notes book
- Physics Unit 3&4 Checkpoints
- Physics A+ Notes Unit 4

As I go through some of these resources I feel a bit lost and confused. I'm wondering if anyone knows any good resources to hammer some of the early concepts around physics; is it worth it purchasing unit 1&2 textbooks perhaps or some of the Physics for Dummies books just to get the fundamentals under my belt before I attempt to understand things at the year 12 level? Or should I just focus on using KhanAcademy to gain the understanding needed for physics fundamentals? Thanks!