Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:15:02 am

Author Topic: [HSC] Trial Revision Lectures - Registrations Open!  (Read 16081 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
[HSC] Trial Revision Lectures - Registrations Open!
« on: June 22, 2018, 05:02:59 pm »
+10

Yep, they're back! Registrations are open now for our FREE Trial Survival Lectures, these school holidays at the University of Technology, Sydney. Taking place the week of July 16th, this is the perfect chance to get prepared for your Trial Exams in August. Again, without paying a cent.

Lectures will be offered for the following subjects (so many we need to use a spoiler):

THE SUBJECTS

- English Advanced
- English Standard
- English Extension 1
- Maths General
- Mathematics
- Maths Extension 1
- Maths Extension 2
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Ancient History
- Modern History
- Extension History
- Business Studies
- Economics
- Legal Studies
- Studies of Religion
- PDHPE
- Visual Arts
- Studying Medicine/UMAT

The bold ones are new - FOUR NEW SUBJECTS! For each of those new ones, the lectures will be miniaturised. They will all be skills based, super impactful, mini-lectures delivered in the afternoon for an earlier finish than the other afternoon sessions.

We'll be lecturing 20 SUBJECTS this series. 20. By far the biggest series we've ever done. Let me introduce our team (which, as usual, is almost entirely made up of members of the forums). We've got some triumphant returns, and some shining new faces.

THE TEAM

- Elyse/elysepopplewell, our newest honorary moderator for NSW, will be lecturing Legal Studies and SOR. You didn't think you'd seen the last of her, did you?
- Emily/bowiemily, our 100/100 scoring English expert, will be lecturing English Advanced/English Standard, and for the first time, she will also be lecturing English Extension 1. Emily will be breaking her own personal record, delivering six lectures over four days.
- Isaac/isaacdelatorre will be spearheading the return of fan-favourite, Economics. Andrew/aattard is taking a well deserved break after not missing a series for a whole two years, so Isaac will also be taking over Business Studies in his absence!
- Jake/jakesilove, the first every honorary moderator for NSW here on the forums, will be making his return. He will be handling Chemistry and Physics once again, after they were handled by Alicia/kiwiberry and myself respectively in his absence in January.
- Jamon/me, "like a calculator only slightly more attractive,"  (thanks Jake) will be lecturing 2U and 3U Maths.
- Krystelle, a new member of our lecturing team, will be lecturing General Maths (Steph is off helping kids with their speech #speechpathologygoals). Krystelle knows her stuff, scoring 4th in NSW for the subject last year!
- Lucy, another new member of the team, will be helping us bring back PDHPE!! Jamie has been flat out doing incredible work as part of her studies to become a paramedic; we're excited to have Lucy (who scored 5th in NSW for PE last year) here to help us bring back a fan favourite!
- Maddie/maddiewainright might be a new name to some people, but she has lectured for us before - She ran our Bio lectures in July 2017, and has been around supporting the lectures ever since. This series she's putting on her lecturing shoes once again to run another brand new subject - Visual Arts!
- Naomi/naomisirmai will be bringing her antics back for more insanely awesome Biology lectures. But she will also be delivering a lecture she's been wanting to deliver for a long time - One totally focused on the ins and outs of Studying Medicine, and a heap of helpful tips for the UMAT. This is a super unique lecture and a super unique opportunity that Naomi is super excited about (as are we!)
- Rui/RuiAce, the legend himself, will be back with another Maths Extension 2 lecture. This marks one year of Rui's lectures!
- Susie/sudodds, our history guru, will be lecturing Ancient and Modern History as usual, as well as the new addition of History Extension. She's been super keen for this for the longest time, and History Extension has had more requests than almost anything else the last few months - Get keen!

So excited to see a whole bunch of you there. Let us know which lectures you'll be attending below, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
Re: [HSC] Trial Revision Lectures - Registrations Open!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 06:13:20 pm »
Would love to come but unfortunately I might be overseas T_T.. but it is for my own good anyway...  I was looking forward to speak to Jake initially but it seems that it was impossible now T_T (I want to ask him regarding the courses that he is currently doing and wanted to know if it will suit me at all, however he is ultra-difficult to reach, he must be very busy I suppose)...
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 06:18:25 pm »
+12

KEEEEEEN! For every single lecture, and to see all of your lovely, super intelligent faces.

Would love to come but unfortunately I might be overseas T_T.. but it is for my own good anyway...  I was looking forward to speak to Jake initially but it seems that it was impossible now T_T (I want to ask him regarding the courses that he is currently doing and wanted to know if it will suit me at all, however he is ultra-difficult to reach, he must be very busy I suppose)...
Sounds heaps fun!! Jake is a very busy bee (uni exams are currently underway!), but if you send him a PM I'm sure he'll be able to help when he's available! :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 06:22:14 pm by sudodds »
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 10:24:09 pm »
+3
See you all at the business and economics lectures!! ;D
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 10:48:07 pm »
I WANNA GO but my friends probably won't come smhh
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 10:59:10 pm »
+5

Hey, just go!!!! So worth it - you don't need friends to have a good time at the lectures :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 11:05:28 pm »
+4
Oh my goodness!! I'm so happy to see a creative subject finally included in the lecture series- most especially that it is THE Visual Arts <3 Would I be able to book a ticket to the VA lecture even though I've graduated last year and have uni on that day ;)

This lecture series seriously looks AWESOME! Such a great resource for the HSC Class of 2018 ;D
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 11:39:12 pm »
+1

omg dude come!! i'm going :)
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 11:40:57 pm »
+2
Would I be able to book a ticket to the VA lecture even though I've graduated last year ;)

Exactly my thoughts about Extension!! The lectures sound amazing!! Will definitely try to come and say hi!  :D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 11:52:28 pm »
+3
omg dude come!! i'm going :)
Hey, just go!!!! So worth it - you don't need friends to have a good time at the lectures :-)

OKIE IT'S DONE. Cash me there :)
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 02:52:01 pm »
+3
I've just registered for the business tudies, modern history, general maths and adv english on wednesday and thursday!
Hope to see you all there!  ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 03:43:57 pm »
Hey guys,
I was in a middle of registering and I realised that the times set for the Modern lecture was Wed., 18/07/2018, 9:35 am – Thu., 19/07/2018, 1:00 am AEST. Um, maybe someone could fix that? (Tbh I was slightly alarmed that a Modern lecture would go up to 1am lmao)
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 03:47:18 pm »
+3
Hey guys,
I was in a middle of registering and I realised that the times set for the Modern lecture was Wed., 18/07/2018, 9:35 am – Thu., 19/07/2018, 1:00 am AEST. Um, maybe someone could fix that? (Tbh I was slightly alarmed that a Modern lecture would go up to 1am lmao)
Wow, Susie must really love modern
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 03:51:51 pm »
Wow, Susie must really love modern
I have a feeling Susie would go off on a tangent on her obsession with Lenin (in order to understand Lenin, you must be Lenin ;))
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 05:24:09 pm »
+1
Yes!! I've been keen for these for ages!

Such an awesome opportunity! (Also love that English and bio match up so I can get to them both in one day  ;D).
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD