Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:46 pm

Author Topic: Postu's VCE Journey  (Read 2088 times)

potsu

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Postu's VCE Journey
« on: November 13, 2019, 08:59:08 pm »
+7
Hello Fellows members :o,
I am currently a year 11 going into my final stage of school next year. I am hoping this diary that I will keep over the next year and a bit will help stay focused on the job at hand. I'm definitely a "Science Type" person considering my subjects:

-English Language
-Math Methods
-Chemistry
-Biology
-Environmental Science

I wish to go into the Australian Airforce to study Aviation and then move onto being a pilot.
I hope i can keep you guys updated.

Goodluck!

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: Postu's VCE Journey
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 09:09:34 pm »
+3
Wow, a pilot! I recently saw your posts highlighting your interest in biomed. What inspired you to take on aviation instead, especially since you consider yourself a more science person?

Did you complete a 3/4 subject (or more) in year 11?

I look forward to reading your journal!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 09:44:29 pm »
+4
Hey potsu! Great to meet you! I look forward to reading another VCE journal. Do you have 1/2 exams coming up? ;D

potsu

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 05:10:44 pm »
+2
ah yes, my parents were trying to make me go into the medical field from the start of my schooling as I have had over 4 generations of doctors. I told them that my passion is in aviation/ engineering although they were not okay with it in the beginning and after a couple of chats they are right behind me and are encouraging me to pursue my dream!

Hey laura_!
I have just had my first exam today, pretty stoked on how it went considering i’m not an english type person!

Mod edit (pf): Merged double post. Please try and avoid posting multiple times in a row over a short timeframe - if you want to add something else to your post you can use the "modify" button to edit your first post :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:47:53 pm by PhoenixxFire »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 05:26:18 pm »
ah yes, my parents were trying to make me go into the medical field from the start of my schooling as I have had over 4 generations of doctors. I told them that my passion is in aviation/ engineering although they were not okay with it in the beginning and after a couple of chats they are right behind me and are encouraging me to pursue my dream!
that's so good to hear! ;D it really helps to have supportive parents! what do you like about aviation?

Hey laura_!
I have just had my first exam today, pretty stoked on how it went considering i’m not an english type person!
that's so good!! glad to hear it went well! was it three hours long?

TigerMum

• Trendsetter
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 06:14:54 pm »
Hi potsu! Great idea to do a journal!
How are you finding English Language this year? I'm doing the 1/2 next year and I would probably say that English is comparatively one of my weaker subjects, but Language looks quite appealing to me.
And a pilot sounds awesome! Good luck with that in the future!

potsu

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 07:44:30 pm »
Hey TigerMum!,
I didn’t do english lang in unit 1 i was doing mainstream which i HATED with a passion, boring and repetitive. I have always hated english until i transferred into English lang..... best decision ever!!!! i loved lang so much it’s interesting and a lot of fun. I highly recommend that you do it you will not look back trust me

Good luck!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 10:49:34 pm »
Hey potsu! What are you doing with the summer break? ;D