Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:29:48 am

Author Topic: LaTrobe Dent ATAR  (Read 17729 times)  Share 

Random_Acts_of_Kindness

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
  • School: Public School.
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: LaTrobe Dent ATAR
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 01:29:55 pm »
+1
Sorry to bump this thread (yet again), but could anyone who got clearly in last year (or a couple years before that) tell me what their atar was? All the website says is R/C (range of criteria I assume).

Lol. Clearly in is "officially" 99.45 but I have heard about people with 99.2 getting first round offers last year and there were also a few Metro kids who got in the 98.5 region and got a second or third round offer.

Best of Luck!
Ardent bibliophile. Full-time dreamer. Disiecti membra poetae.

dankfrank420

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 11:06:04 am »
Sorry to bump (once again), but just thought I should update - got into the Aspire program. Pretty chuffed.

One question though, does Aspire combine with rural concessions? Do I have to receive a 97 atar, or can i get a bit below that and get bonus points to get me over 97?

Unblemished

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 10:44:07 am »
Sorry to bump (once again), but just thought I should update - got into the Aspire program. Pretty chuffed.

One question though, does Aspire combine with rural concessions? Do I have to receive a 97 atar, or can i get a bit below that and get bonus points to get me over 97?

It has to be 97 raw, no SEAS are considered for it I believe. SEAS is only considered for the general entry. Congrats by the way. Looking forward to seeing you there next year.  :D
Shoot for the moon. Even if you fall, you'll along the stars.

dankfrank420

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 01:21:38 pm »
It has to be 97 raw, no SEAS are considered for it I believe. SEAS is only considered for the general entry. Congrats by the way. Looking forward to seeing you there next year.  :D

Ah damn, aww well.

Yeah hope to see you to. You're gonna be a first year student next year?

Unblemished

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 06:15:19 pm »
+1
Ah damn, aww well.

Yeah hope to see you to. You're gonna be a first year student next year?

Hopefully dude  ;D ;D
Shoot for the moon. Even if you fall, you'll along the stars.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2015, 06:21:50 pm »
+1
Future La Trobe students! I like it - don't see many here. Hope you guys get in + enjoy.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Mintk

• Trailblazer
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 07:36:53 pm »
+1
Hi, is it possible to do a bridging course for biology if you meet the ATAR but not the prereq?
2017-2019: University of Melbourne, Bachelor of BIomedicine

Flowers ~
Mocha, Cheese cakes, Chocolate brownies, Iced green tea, a latte with one sugar, brunch, waffles, Churros... <3

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 07:48:58 pm »
Hi, is it possible to do a bridging course for biology if you meet the ATAR but not the prereq?
Ungortunately you cant be considered for the course
Vce biology is a pre requisite and there is no lenience. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:54:43 pm by Sine »

Mintk

• Trailblazer
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 07:59:28 pm »
+1
Ungortunately you cant be considered for the course
Vce biology is a pre requisite and there is no lenience. :)

aww okay :( For optometry UNSW, they told me I could do a briding course for physics... so I thought la trobe would do something similar too :/
Oh wells, thank you ^_^

Flowers ~
Mocha, Cheese cakes, Chocolate brownies, Iced green tea, a latte with one sugar, brunch, waffles, Churros... <3

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 08:18:44 pm »
+1
You can initially enrol in a course that doesn't require that pre-req and then do an equivalent unit or bridging course which will enable you to either transfer across or apply for entry with that as an equivalent prerequisite. These are different at each uni so you'll have to check with them.

I would confirm with La Trobe directly before making course decisions or taking advice from those on ATAR Notes that haven't studied the course or attended that uni :) You'll get an accurate answer that way.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:20:42 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 08:53:49 pm »
aww okay :( For optometry UNSW, they told me I could do a briding course for physics... so I thought la trobe would do something similar too :/
Oh wells, thank you ^_^
Dont worry its a perfectly appropriate question on AN. Yeah you could transfer possibly I dont know for sure. I believe you were speaking about yr 12 entry though since I assume you got a rd 1 offer already and wanting a rd 2 offer of dent. Correct me if I am wrong.

Individu

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 09:04:01 pm »
I would give them a call to make sure, but according to the La Trobe website, you may be able to do a bridging course to fulfil the prerequisites.

Dentistry - What if I don't have the prerequisites?

Updated 19/08/2016 08.28 AM
I am a Year 12 student, however I do not have the Chemistry/Biology subject required for Dentistry, what can I do?

Prerequisites - VCE Units 3 & 4: Study score of at least 35 in English (any) and a study score of at least 25 in Biology and Chemistry.

If you do not have the Biology/Chemistry prerequisite you have the option to study with Open University Australia to complete a bridging courses in Biology and/or Chemistry. You will need to be aware the time required to complete the course in relation to the VTAC closing dates.

Link: http://latrobe.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/339/~/dentistry---what-if-i-dont-have-the-prerequisites%3F

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 09:08:37 pm »
Yes it is possible.

http://latrobe.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/339/~/dentistry---what-if-i-dont-have-the-prerequisites%3F
>you have the option to study with Open University Australia to complete a bridging courses in Biology and/or Chemistry.

>Alternatively, you may elect to undertake the Bachelor of Health Sciences as a pathway into the Bachelor of Health Sciences in Dentistry/Master of Dentistry. A transfer from one course into another course at La Trobe is not available automatically.

**Ignore sine's first response*

Mintk

• Trailblazer
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 09:36:41 am »
Ohh okay, I'll check with La Trobe ^_^ Thank you all!

Flowers ~

10muscat

• Adventurer
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2018, 09:57:20 pm »
Hey dankfrank, how did your Aspire jpurney go , i have applied for one ?
Ah ok, cheers for the advice. If you could try and find some drafts of your Applications I'd be grateful!

Also, I've another question.

According to this link: http://latrobe.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/781/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDM1MTM3ODEwL3NpZC9PT3k1VUdwbQ%3D%3D

Students in RA2 areas (which I am) receive 10 Aggregate points when applying to courses listed in Bendigo (ie. Dent). However, it says below that that the students in areas 3-7 receive ATAR bonuses for dent.

Does this mean that me (in an RA2 area) would not receive this 10 aggregate boost because of the ATAR boosts for the more rural people? In other words, does the exception made to the dent course mean I don't get a 10 aggregate boost which I otherwise would have received for other La Trobe courses?

Also, does the Aspire program still allow you to boost your ATAR with rural/SEAS bonuses?