Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:44:03 pm

Author Topic: Why did you choose the university where you are studying/studied at?  (Read 3272 times)  Share 

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
Re: Why did you choose the university where you are studying/studied at?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 10:32:15 pm »
+1
I'm a simple guy, I based my decision off individual subject rankings and things I've heard from past students.

I originally got an offer from USYD to study a B Sci/B Advanced Studies with a double major in Physics and Computer Science, which is exactly the same as the degree I'm studying right now.

However USYD is not ranked as well as UNSW for Computer Science and for Physics both are essentially equal. I had also heard by many people that USYD has outdated facilities for Physics as opposed to UNSW's newer ones. This convinced me to reject USYD and apply for UNSW which I did.

Other small factors that influenced me a little were the fact that many people from USYD said negative things about the community.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Why did you choose the university where you are studying/studied at?
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 10:40:46 pm »
Undergrad: Chose La Trobe because it was the closest (~10 min drive). Don't regret my decision, the CS/IT faculty was a tight knit group, great community feel to it.

Postgrad: Did my MTeach at Monash for a few reasons
- Was one of the only unis to offer Digital Tech as a method area (at that time). This was probably the main factor
- Gave me a CSP place as opposed to Melb who didn't.
- Accessible enough by PT.
- Recognised as an education faculty.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile