Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:53:35 pm

Author Topic: Missed study score by 1  (Read 3237 times)

WalkingDisaster99

• Fresh Poster
Missed study score by 1
« on: December 12, 2019, 11:59:06 pm »
So for most uni courses, you need a 25 in English. I got a raw 24, scaled to a 26 (EngLang). Apparently uni goes by your raw score. Do they make exceptions for that 1 mark, or am I screwed out of courses that require 25?

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
Re: Missed study score by 1
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 09:04:59 am »
It’s unlikely that they’ll make an exception unfortunately. Your best option would probably be to do a different course at the same uni that doesn’t have that pre req and then transfer (preferably one which has some of the same units as your desired course so that you don’t have to start from scratch). Or to do the degree you want at a different uni (there’s also the option of transferring to the uni you wanted after first year with this).
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 09:26:44 am »
Some people have reported on AN that they made it into a course with below the prereq or that they know someone who did. I am doubtful of this & unsure if they may have been confused about the raw score being used rather than scaled but I would keep your preferred course at the top of your preference list just in case

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 05:44:21 pm »
Agreeing in part with both above. Keep  Preference #1 as the course you want most (even if it has the 25 raw SS in English equivalent prerequisite). Change some of the lower preferences to be your back ups that don’t need a 25 raw SS in English or equivalents so that you’ll be safe and transfer later. Ask around and ensure to ask if your back up courses will let you transfer in and if credit transfer is available. Having credit transfer will make your transfer a lot easier.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread