Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 09:06:26 pm

Author Topic: English Advanced  (Read 683 times)

Jfernando312

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
English Advanced
« on: September 04, 2019, 07:01:54 pm »
Hi there,
does anyone know the best way to improve expression in regards to writing a Shakespeare essay? Like how to use words apprpropriately given context and how to develop complex ideas and word choices that makes sense and isnt too colloquial? I got feedback from my teacher and have tried rewriting my essay but was wondering if anyone has advice on expression, its a particular weakness in my writing some of the time. My ideas are many but idk. 
thanks so much in advance
this is prep for my prelims coming up end of next week

mariaa.k

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: English Advanced
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 10:14:23 pm »
+1
Hi there,
does anyone know the best way to improve expression in regards to writing a Shakespeare essay? Like how to use words apprpropriately given context and how to develop complex ideas and word choices that makes sense and isnt too colloquial? I got feedback from my teacher and have tried rewriting my essay but was wondering if anyone has advice on expression, its a particular weakness in my writing some of the time. My ideas are many but idk. 
thanks so much in advance
this is prep for my prelims coming up end of next week

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is too late, but I just finished my English exam, and I had the same problem. What I found was helpful for me was going through all the handouts we got for context and sample analysis paragraphs and made a list of words and phrases I could use in my essays. After having my quotes, techniques and words it was easier to piece together. Playing around with sentences, to make them more concise also helped me to be able to write better in exam conditions. I hope this helps:)

Jfernando312

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Re: English Advanced
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:13:42 pm »

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is too late, but I just finished my English exam, and I had the same problem. What I found was helpful for me was going through all the handouts we got for context and sample analysis paragraphs and made a list of words and phrases I could use in my essays. After having my quotes, techniques and words it was easier to piece together. Playing around with sentences, to make them more concise also helped me to be able to write better in exam conditions. I hope this helps:)

Thanks so much