Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 07:34:04 pm

Author Topic: Is a 50 Study Score still achievable if I got bad marks in Unit 3?  (Read 2137 times)  Share 

covfefe

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hello, everyone. So I basically messed up (long story) most of my SACs in Unit 3 Legal Studies and ended up with 80% overall. Is getting a 50 Study Score impossible for me right now? If not, what do you guys think is the highest I can hope for?

Thank you in advance <3

PS Please don't sugarcoat and be honest. I know I really f'ed up semester 1 :( .

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Re: Is a 50 Study Score still achievable if I got bad marks in Unit 3?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 08:43:56 pm »
+5
Hi,

Yes, a 40+ is still possible for you and perhaps even a 50. However, the main thing I would be doing right now (especially since unit 4 is approaching) is asking why unit 3 went bad. Are there holes in your knowledge? Are you having issues responding to task words? Or is time an issue?

As soon as you can pinpoint an issue, unit 4 and the final exam will most likely be a success for you. With a subject like Legal Studies, an understanding of the content and DETAIL is critical to scoring high.

Just remember that scoring a 50 is an extremely difficult feat and is often dependent on the day. There really is not much between 45-50.
All the best!  :)
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

covfefe

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:48:53 pm »
Hi,

Yes, a 40+ is still possible for you and perhaps even a 50. However, the main thing I would be doing right now (especially since unit 4 is approaching) is asking why unit 3 went bad. Are there holes in your knowledge? Are you having issues responding to task words? Or is time an issue?

As soon as you can pinpoint an issue, unit 4 and the final exam will most likely be a success for you. With a subject like Legal Studies, an understanding of the content and DETAIL is critical to scoring high.

Just remember that scoring a 50 is an extremely difficult feat and is often dependent on the day. There really is not much between 45-50.
All the best!  :)

Hi! Thanks for responding. To be completely honest, I haven't been putting a lot of effort into VCE this year. I think the reason why I screwed up is because I just don't feel motivated anymore. Any tips?

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 09:26:32 pm »
+1
Hi! Thanks for responding. To be completely honest, I haven't been putting a lot of effort into VCE this year. I think the reason why I screwed up is because I just don't feel motivated anymore. Any tips?

It's definitely difficult to uphold a consistent sense of motivation throughout VCE- especially with unit 3 coming to a close.

To remain motivated, I always like to remind myself about what it is I am working towards. Whether that be my desired uni course or a desired study score. Maybe instead of making a long term goal (like one at the end of the year), it may be better to make short term ones. In this way, you'll be able to reward yourself in shorter periods and thereby start re-building a motivation. What I find is that one good mark encourages you to do well on the next and then the next. If you can start this thread, I think you'll be able to find a deeper sense of ambition.
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale