Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:56 pm

Author Topic: Calebark -- is his bark bigger than his bite? A NYT bestseller  (Read 1824 times)

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
+19
mod edit: updated title because I'm so mature
calebark edit: changed back from 'shitshow' to 'bestseller' because this is my safespace >:(((((

This is a fantastic idea! I don't know how active I'll be with this, nor how interesting it'll be, but it'll be here nonetheless.

22nd of August, 2017
Today hasn't been very eventful in terms of schoolwork. I'm on a work-at-home thing right now due to other circumstances, which means if I reach a point of low motivation, my schoolwork does suffer a bit. I've done a bit of work today, but not enough. The Head of Science asked me to help create some Biology resources, so I've been doing that in the hopes it'll pull me back into the school, and allow me to get off my ass and do a bit more work.

The big thing on my mind hasn't been VCE per se, but what comes afterwards (given completing preferences recently). I think I still want to do Medicine in the end, but the question is what I want to do before that. Do I want to do Science? Biomed?

Then it's what university I want to go to. Do I even want to stay in Victoria, or should I apply for some universities in New South Wales, like I've been thinking of doing for quite a while? Do I even want to go to university straight after VCE, or should I do something else?

My VCE course counselor once remarked that after preferences is the most wild time for a VCE student (other than the exam period), and I'm certainly feeling that right now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:46:18 am by Calebark »
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

peterpiper

• Forum Obsessive
  • ppp
  • Respect: +257
Re: Calebark -- is his bark bigger than his bite? A NYT bestseller
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:01:52 pm »
+7
This is a fantastic idea! I don't know how active I'll be with this, nor how interesting it'll be, but it'll be here nonetheless.

22nd of August, 2017
Today hasn't been very eventful in terms of schoolwork. I'm on a work-at-home thing right now due to other circumstances, which means if I reach a point of low motivation, my schoolwork does suffer a bit. I've done a bit of work today, but not enough. The Head of Science asked me to help create some Biology resources, so I've been doing that in the hopes it'll pull me back into the school, and allow me to get off my ass and do a bit more work.

The big thing on my mind hasn't been VCE per se, but what comes afterwards (given completing preferences recently). I think I still want to do Medicine in the end, but the question is what I want to do before that. Do I want to do Science? Biomed?

Then it's what university I want to go to. Do I even want to stay in Victoria, or should I apply for some universities in New South Wales, like I've been thinking of doing for quite a while? Do I even want to go to university straight after VCE, or should I do something else?

My VCE course counselor once remarked that after preferences is the most wild time for a VCE student (other than the exam period), and I'm certainly feeling that right now.

You could try looking at Adelaide Uni for med. The cost of living is cheaper AND you get a shot at doing med if you missed out on doing the UMAT in year 12. ie. do the UMAT during first year and transfer over to MBBS etc. Just a suggestion, because I'm thinking of doing that lol. But I totally feel this uergh. Today I got so far as only doing the sample chem exam lol. And the three days before I've done jack hahah. Need to up my game tbh, since exams are approaching soon.
2017: VCE COMPLETED

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: Calebark -- is his bark bigger than his bite? A NYT bestseller
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:24:19 pm »
+7
You could try looking at Adelaide Uni for med. The cost of living is cheaper AND you get a shot at doing med if you missed out on doing the UMAT in year 12. ie. do the UMAT during first year and transfer over to MBBS etc. Just a suggestion, because I'm thinking of doing that lol. But I totally feel this uergh. Today I got so far as only doing the sample chem exam lol. And the three days before I've done jack hahah. Need to up my game tbh, since exams are approaching soon.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely keep it in mind! I'll probably look to NSW more than SA though, as I already have a housemate offer for there from a friend, haha. I think I'd prefer to finish a degree rather than transferring, as a) I'm not 100% sure on med and I don't want to 'waste' the spot and b) I feel like I'm not mature enough for med right now.

I wish you luck with your decision though! Feels, not looking forward to exams.
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢