Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:34:01 pm

Author Topic: What commerce unit to study on holiday?!  (Read 561 times)  Share 

TheGun

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
What commerce unit to study on holiday?!
« on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:35 pm »
Hey guys, which of the following do you recommend I study and knock off, given I have textbooks for all of them:
MGC1010
ETC1000
MKC1200
Perhaps it should be the one that yiu need textbook the most for..
Thanks!

LifeisaConstantStruggle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +104
Re: What commerce unit to study on holiday?!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:13:21 pm »
Hmmm, if I were you I'd rather not tbh. No offense btw.
All the subjects you've mentioned seem to be quite hands-on/discussion based, MKC1200 and MGC1010 are heavily grounded on the assignments that you need to do (less so for MGC) and the assignments themselves really reinforce your knowledge regarding the unit more than any prior work you do before that. You might want to brush up on your mathematics for ETC1000 through khanacademy's probability and statistics section but there really isn't much you can do, a lot of the ways to answer questions is rote-learned through past exams unfortunately, they'll take their time with Excel through their required homework which will help you on your quiz. Don't really wanna sugarcoat Monash too much so I'll say it. The first-year BusEco units are really simple, and easy to do well if you know what they're gonna ask (especially for ETC1000)
You don't need the textbook for ETC1000, and I don't recall ever using the textbook after week 2 of MKC1200, you'll be fine.
2018-2020: Bachelor of Actuarial Science (+ Econometrics), Monash
2021: Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), Econometrics & Financial Mathematics, Monash
2022-2023: Work and some soul-searching