Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:21:18 am

Author Topic: the lazy Disney Nerd wants to get fit  (Read 2913 times)

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
the lazy Disney Nerd wants to get fit
« on: March 29, 2019, 06:51:31 pm »
+17
Hi all,

I want to get fit. And I am hoping that creating this thread will help motivate me.

I am lazy. I don’t like doing much, let alone getting off my butt to keep fit.

I eat waaaay too much food that is bad for me and I am always lazy about everything I do.

I guess my long term goal with this is too one day compete in the Walt Disney World marathon. But that is going to be a looooong way off, 1. I need to be able to run 42km, 2. It will be expensive to get over there when I do have the stamina and strength to do it.
I am giving that too myself as a goal as it gives me something too look forward too in the long run.

In the short term, I don’t want to be super muscly or anything. All I want is too not be overweight and be happy with my body. Although I don’t stress about it i have always looked at my body and thought “meh”. I want to look at it and think “not too bad”.

I am as of this week getting back to doing a monday morning personal training session, with my dad, and two brothers at the gym.

Ideally I would like too also go to the gym one other day of the week and I would like to also get into running (maybe 5km). Currently my excuse for not running is that I am afraid that I will bump into someone I know. Even though I shouldn’t be embarrassed about trying to get fit I would feel embarrassed seeing someone I know.

My mum does Parkrun every Saturday morning. But again the reason I don’t want to go is fear I will see someone I know.

I also don’t want to go on a treadmill. I want to be out in nature.

For the next week all I am going to do is go too to Monday personal training. Then next week I will decide if I want to do any other activities.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

zuijinde

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Re: the lazy Disney Nerd wants to get fit
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:47:46 pm »
+8
I am lazy. I don’t like doing much, let alone getting off my butt to keep fit.
This speaks to me in so many levels :P

Where do you live? If you live in the eastern part of Melbourne then I suggest hiking at 1000 steps at Dandenong/Upper Ferntree. Very beautiful there!
If you're afraid that someone you know is going to see you (assuming you mean acquaintances, classmates etc), then perhaps go with a friend? I live close to a well known hiking area, and the amount of times I saw my classmates is overwhelming, but having someone you know walk with you is much less awkward.
All the best :)

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 09:25:28 pm »
+6
This speaks to me in so many levels :P

Where do you live? If you live in the eastern part of Melbourne then I suggest hiking at 1000 steps at Dandenong/Upper Ferntree. Very beautiful there!
If you're afraid that someone you know is going to see you (assuming you mean acquaintances, classmates etc), then perhaps go with a friend? I live close to a well known hiking area, and the amount of times I saw my classmates is overwhelming, but having someone you know walk with you is much less awkward.
All the best :)

I live in the north eastern suburbs.

In a town of 5,000 and I have been involved in the community a bunch and vaguely know a bunch of different people.

I would love to go hiking again if I get the chance, and the last time I went hiking with school I absolutely loved it. There’s not really a hiking area near me. Although I am on the way to Kinglake and there’s some tracks out there.

I kinda feel like I would prefer to go on jogs/runs over hikes. But when I do get out in nature I do really enjoy it.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 09:38:56 pm »
+6
This might be out of the question/left of field, but given you're at RMIT, you could use one of the many parks (Princes Park*, Royal Park, any of the gardens) to jog/run in as well; given that most are only a short tram ride away from RMIT ^-^

*I believe Princes Park has a dedicated (gravel) track around its perimeter, if you find that you're into that :)

You've got this techno, I believe in you! :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 10:04:12 pm »
+7
Currently my excuse for not running is that I am afraid that I will bump into someone I know. Even though I shouldn’t be embarrassed about trying to get fit I would feel embarrassed seeing someone I know.
Easy fix! Just wear a disguise when you go running.

A fake moostash and maybe some novelty glasses (possibly even a wig) should do the trick.

In all seriousness though, I don't think you should be ashamed about being seen running by people you know - I wouldn't think that they would judge you harshly for trying to get fit.

Anyways, best of luck with the fitness catching.
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 09:40:05 am »
+9
I live in the north eastern suburbs.

In a town of 5,000 and I have been involved in the community a bunch and vaguely know a bunch of different people.

I would love to go hiking again if I get the chance, and the last time I went hiking with school I absolutely loved it. There’s not really a hiking area near me. Although I am on the way to Kinglake and there’s some tracks out there.

I kinda feel like I would prefer to go on jogs/runs over hikes. But when I do get out in nature I do really enjoy it.
Hey my dude,
If you want some motivation I can go hiking with you or on shorter runs if you do them at a godly time of day and I can get to you! For hiking or good walks I know a few tracks around Warrandyte/Kinglake area, and if you wanted to get to the Dandenong Ranges there's actually a V-Line that stops right at the base (actually kinda close to Puffing Billy). You could totally come along next time I go. If not, your town is a pretty decent running loop, not so cross-country if you take the dirt track up and around that hill before hitting the road. Heck, you could probably have a go of just running to the roundabout and back and that's around 2kms.

Anyway, wishing you the best of luck of getting thicc leg muscles and, as someone who knows you personally, you should have no fear of judgment. People will always be encouraging over anything else when you're genuinely working to improve yourself. I applaud you for starting this journal and I hope you can stick to it!
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 02:09:33 pm »
+9

If you want some motivation I can go hiking with you or on shorter runs if you do them at a godly time of day and I can get to you!

*chanting* AN hiking! atarnotes hike! AN hiking!...

best of luck techno! it can be easy to have self-consciousness stop you (even if you think it shouldn't) but you can power through this :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 05:03:40 pm »
+6
Hey my dude,
If you want some motivation I can go hiking with you or on shorter runs if you do them at a godly time of day and I can get to you! For hiking or good walks I know a few tracks around Warrandyte/Kinglake area, and if you wanted to get to the Dandenong Ranges there's actually a V-Line that stops right at the base (actually kinda close to Puffing Billy). You could totally come along next time I go. If not, your town is a pretty decent running loop, not so cross-country if you take the dirt track up and around that hill before hitting the road. Heck, you could probably have a go of just running to the roundabout and back and that's around 2kms.

Anyway, wishing you the best of luck of getting thicc leg muscles and, as someone who knows you personally, you should have no fear of judgment. People will always be encouraging over anything else when you're genuinely working to improve yourself. I applaud you for starting this journal and I hope you can stick to it!

Warrandyte is a really nice place for walks and stuff!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 09:36:14 am »
+8
The Disney Nerd has found good motivation to get fit.

I am now planning to work at Disney World on their cultural exchange program AND that means that I will have the opportunity to run in a disney world marathon next year :o.

The downside is if I want to do that I only have a year to prepare.
They also have 5K, 10K and Half Marathon events so I will just end up doing whatever one I am capable of doing by the time it comes around but it would be sooooo cool to do a marathon at fricking DISNEY WORELLDLDLD!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Anyways, last week I just had the Monday PT as I said I would do, my muscles ached heaps until Friday. I need to just get out on runs I feel and get going.
There is a guy at my church who is a fitness and running guru and I am going to ask him about training up for a marathon in a year.
This week PT was cancelled as Dad had to drive Mum into the City this morning, but I will try and make up for it with a run.

Disney Nerd OUT!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 10:43:54 am »
+5
Congrats on the incredible opportunity.

I just wanted to chime in on one of your more general goals - to not be overweight and be generally healthy...

Your diet and nutrition is going to inform this far more than 1-2 runs a week. 80% of your focus should be on having a great relationship with food - eating the right things in the right amounts often.

You will feel incredible and you’ll be motivated to run (and running will also motivate you to keep eating well). Further, you’ll feel less embarrassed as you start to look leaner.

To be clear - I am NOT advocating a “diet” in the sense of a ‘detox’ or a ‘no sugar diet’ or a ‘no carbs diet’ or any other psychotic thing.

There’s no need to do anything difficult, and no need for you to “suffer” through the process. If you aren’t enjoying it, you’re doing it wrong. Eat plenty of vegetables, get plenty of good fats in (don’t avoid). Eggs are easy to scramble. Kangaroo steak is delicious and easy to cook. So is salmon.

You don’t need a year to prep a marathon. You can do that in six months.

Get good eating habits (right foods, and not too much of it or too little). Do your 1-2 workouts. Watch your body change. Get motivated. Then pick up the pace once you’ve made the type of mental changes that will allow you to train hard and consistently for six months.

You have a whole year. Start slow, plan long term. Don’t force yourself to fight difficult mental battles for 2-3 months and end up quitting because there’s no joy in what you’re trying to do.

1. Eat well
2. Have success and find joy
3. Be motivated af, run heaps more
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 09:33:06 am »
+2
Hi there,
There's a post notification, whoops 🤭
Congrats on eating an apple yesterday (well, half of one) even if it was gross.
Any updates or PSAs for us? Would love to hear more about what you're doing,where you're going, how you're trekking.
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating