Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:00:32 pm

Author Topic: Not studying for the extra unit  (Read 1301 times)

kevinboy328

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: North Sydney
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Not studying for the extra unit
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:37:31 pm »
+1
Well i'm currently doing 11 units including extension 1 math BUT IT IS BY FAR MY WORST SUBJECT and i've the remaining three exams (business, economics and physics) within a week after extension. Should i just cut my losses and focus on the other subjects? (i'm pretty sure i'll get higher in those than extension after scaling)

onepunchboy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
  • School: Concord High
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Not studying for the extra unit
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:44:17 pm »
Ext 1 scale so well bro but idek

Sanaz

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 09:58:45 pm »
Yup my exact dilemma, I still think you should study for it incase you dont do so well in your other exams :P

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 02:22:39 am »
Hey Kevin! My thinking would be this:

You've done Extension 1 all through Year 12; invested hours of time and energy. Then to just throw it in at the end?

Like, there is nothing wrong with strategic allocation of time. By all means focus on where you think the time is best spent; but I think that taking some time to really take a good swing at Extension 1 would be beneficial for you. Extension 1 aligns and scales very well, so you never know how well you'll do.

I just think that this late in the game, you should just aim to smash every exam you've got in front of you. You still have like four days until Extension; why don't you just do Extension study in the morning, then study for your other subjects in the afternoons and evenings as you please? :)