Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:18:32 am

Author Topic: Anyone else concerned about the “easiness” of today’s bio exam?  (Read 2805 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
I thought it was hard but “easy” hard. Like I knew what to do/write for 90% of the questions but since everyone found it easy that means nothing. Hopefully vcaa has a rigid marking scheme otherwise everyone will be getting 80% and the A+ cut off will be so high- like nearly 90% or something. I’m so upset.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

MoonChild1234

• Forum Regular
Re: Anyone else concerned about the “easiness” of today’s bio exam?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 09:17:58 pm »
I don't do biology but I think it still means a lot that you found it easy! I'm sure not everyone found this exam easy (I know a couple of friends who definitely didn't) and the fact that you did probably is a testament to the quality of your preparation :)

Don't stress! (easier said than done) But be proud of yourself because its no mean feat doing any exam

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 09:22:45 pm »
I know what you mean! I think for people who knew all of the content, there weren't all that many challenging or unexpected questions (barring the five marker). I still think there were bits and pieces that may have tripped people up. For example, quite a few people I spoke to struggled with the Homo phylogenic tree, and with MC question 5 about the aerobic/anaerobic respiration and pathways.

Nethertheless, there's nothing we can do now! I'm just glad its over.

Unknown-111

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:47:08 pm »
I thought it was hard but “easy” hard. Like I knew what to do/write for 90% of the questions but since everyone found it easy that means nothing. Hopefully vcaa has a rigid marking scheme otherwise everyone will be getting 80% and the A+ cut off will be so high- like nearly 90% or something. I’m so upset.
Hey there yeah this years exam was pretty easy from what I heard off some of my friends. But don't worry I know people who said it was extremely hard, I guess this year they had to make an exception because of everything that happened. The thing is some people say its easy but they don't realise the mistakes that they made.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 09:48:49 pm »
Hey there yeah this years exam was pretty easy from what I heard off some of my friends. But don't worry I know people who said it was extremely hard, I guess this year they had to make an exception because of everything that happened. The thing is some people say its easy but they don't realise the mistakes that they made.

In psychology they had no mercy- it was the toughest psychology exam to date bar the 2019 one. They can make an easier exam but then it messes up the bell curve
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

tiredandstressed

• MOTM: DEC 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • pretty without the r (he/him)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 10:02:18 pm »
I doubt an A+ would be in 90s despite the exam's alleged easiness, all I can say the grade boundaries are out of your control. BIO is done can I get a woop woop, all you can do is focus on your subsequent exams.
You should be proud of yourself that you found the exam 'easy' and although many others found it easy, that does invalidate your hard work and success, if you felt like you smashed it, that's great!
Don't dwell on how others went and how it affects your score because at the end of the day it is beyond your control.
Keep your head up as you preserve the rest of your exams.
VCE '17-'18
2017: Biology, Psychology
2018: English, HHD, Chemistry, Methods
2019-22: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours) @ UoM
My guides:
A quick guide to language and argument analysis
HHD sample questions
HHD 2019 Comprehensive examiner report analysis

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 08:18:25 am »
Hey! Just did my Bio exam yesterday (my only 3/4) and I was wondering what you guys think the A+ cutoff will be this year?
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

IThinkIFailed

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 09:41:18 am »
Hey! Just did my Bio exam yesterday (my only 3/4) and I was wondering what you guys think the A+ cutoff will be this year?

People said this last year too, like a lot of people found the exam “easy”, but the A+ cutoff remained similar.

Just remember that VCAA generally designs these exams with attention to detail, so I have confidence that the A+ cutoff will be less than 90%.

Since it was “easy”, my prediction is that it’d be around 82-84%
2019:
Biology [42]   Economics [46]

2020:
Methods[41 :( ]
English [42]
Chemistry [47]
Legal studies [44]

ATAR: 99.00