Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:04:22 am

Author Topic: Twenty Tapes of Nath  (Read 7808 times)

brothanathan

Re: Twenty Tapes of Nath
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 03:46:51 pm »
+1
Update #3

G'day everyone,

So I just did my two SACs and have a mixed opinion on how they went. Well anyway, I feel a 'tiny bit' burned out and my Senior School Coordinator wasn't even at school today :P so I had to get my meeting postponed to Monday lunchtime (3 minutes into my free fudgecakes). I still haven't made the relevant phone call to discuss if I can possibly get an exemption for 1/2 Cert 3 in Mus Industry and just do the 3/4 (get some aggregate added to me ATAR). My 'ultimate reality' is smacking me in the face and it is a good sign.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:17:31 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 06:58:03 pm »
+1
Thanks for the 10 members who voted on my poll. I guess my monotheistic self has decided to set path on doing Philosophy for the next 17 months.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:13:50 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 06:24:15 pm »
+3
Update #4

Just did a Chinese Oral SAC a few hours ago. Went pretty well and definitely passed (please be a 15/20). Anyways I still have 4 exams to prepare for and two days off next week (yay-ish). Since my VET Coordinator stated that I must do 4 units to obtain the Certificate III in Music Industry, I'm just going to focus on Philo and get a tutor for next year (approved by VAPS). Had a 15-minute meeting with my Senior School Coordinator last week and she stated that the school won't cover the $405 for Unit 2 and the cost will be added to my tuition fees :(.

That's all folks  ;)

brothanathan

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 12:23:38 am »
+4
Minor Update #2

Well, my DECV Application got approved and just got enrolled last night for VCE Philo.

brothanathan

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 10:38:12 pm »
+2
Fast-tracking one week Update #5

This week has been bloody 'interesting'. I've got all my R&S marks back for the semester and I was so close to a 100% streak (got 87% in the exam dammit). Well, either way, I wasn't expecting to get 100% in all my SACs considering the minimal dedication. Guess what, I now have 16 free periods per cycle because I dropped out of Methods (i.e. make the most of it). Philo classes start on Monday but I'm unsure how DECV phases this out (yay can't wait to submit an assignment/task every week). I've been getting around a cold for over a week now (thanks peers and facilitators) and have been using it as an excuse for personal relaxation and procrastination. No good, considering I have a SAC next week for 3/4 LOTE. I must thoroughly question my rite of passage and move forward.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:44:04 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2019, 06:57:07 pm »
+3
Update #5 Oh Eccentric

Just got my marks back for Unit 3 Chinese. Pretty stoked about them. I got 60% for all of my SACs and an estimated score of 30 with potential to go to 34 with effort (probs just encouragement) and at times a level above or at 25. Either way, I'm quite proud of myself since I've come a long way from being a preppie who couldn't understand 你最喜欢的颜色是什么 surrounded by people who actually speak 普通话 at home.

If anyone's interested, please reply to this update and I'll write a guide after the 20th of November on how to prepare yourself for VCE Chinese Second Language for those who don't have any Mandarin speakers at home or background and etc., including the mistakes and regrets... I made in my learning.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:00:31 pm by brothanathan »

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2019, 01:07:09 pm »
Oh, so cool to see another distance student on here. I may not be doing philosophy, but I wanted to know how you are finding your course so far? I know it is only one week into unit 2, but what do you think?
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2019, 10:36:54 pm »
Loved reading about your journey. I'm considering doing a subject by distance next year and would love to hear about how you are finding it so far? Is it worth the hassle to do something you enjoy? Language scores like that when you don't have anyone to practice with at home are quite impressive. My reason for dropping Chinese (along with a change of schools) was the difficulty I had practicing.

brothanathan

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2019, 06:20:28 pm »
+2
Oh, so cool to see another distance student on here. I may not be doing philosophy, but I wanted to know how you are finding your course so far? I know it is only one week into unit 2, but what do you think?

Hi Geoo, thanks for reading my journal (it gives me the passion to continue it and inspire). I go to a religious school and do Philosophy online on DECV since it isn't offered at my day school. 'I'm loving it' so far and even though our teacher isn't available these two weeks it has been a semi-great experience. Some classmates are willing to put the effort in and others I'm not sure. I sent an introductory message to the class and added that I would be open to any Philo chats and shared a video to the class that supports Activity 2 and 3 for Week 1, hoping that it will open up the class. I hope to contribute to a friendly and comfortable atmosphere online, where everyone is willing to share resources and expertise.  (Like I always say VCE is a team sport if we work together at an efficient and consistent manner anyone can reach the top. If one classmate slacks off it will bring our whole cohort down).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 08:49:22 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2019, 06:43:38 pm »
+3
Loved reading about your journey. I'm considering doing a subject by distance next year and would love to hear about how you are finding it so far? Is it worth the hassle to do something you enjoy? Language scores like that when you don't have anyone to practice with at home are quite impressive. My reason for dropping Chinese (along with a change of schools) was the difficulty I had practicing.

I honestly could have done better for the Chinese SACs this year if I seriously worked hard and stopped worrying about my Music Theory last year and had the just do it mentality (Tip: If there's something that's bugging you just get it done). I passed the theory exam with a 74% late January this year (initially failed it 3 times) if I remember correctly but I did regret not finishing it before Term 3 2018. Keep in mind there are no regrets in life. The decisions you make good or bad will enrich you in the long run. If it is something that caused you to miss out on something in life, preach your experience to others to make sure they don't make the same move. If it is a temporary step back it will just advance you to greater things in the future.

So far Philosophy has been great in terms of the content, it amuses me so much. I personally reckon that doing a subject at Distance requires you to be self-motivated but I don't really like using the word motivated nowadays. Discipline terminates the excuse 'lack of motivation'. Cause if you're disciplined enough to commit to your goal,  'this motivation' isn't valued. 100% agree it is worth doing something you enjoy. I dropped Methods for the same reason. To try something I may enjoy. I would advise that T&T can be quite broad in terms of the way you can interpret a text sort of like Literature in a sense. That's why a T&T teacher from my school stated that doing T&T 1/2 can help develop your analytical skills for Lit 3/4.

In case if you haven't already read the study design for T&T here's a link:https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/vce/txtraditn/TextsTraditionsSD-2017.pdf

I suggest critically reviewing all the content and see if it gives you that desire to strive for your best. If you come to love a subject, you don't see it as a hassle. You see it as a reward.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:25:17 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2019, 11:48:24 am »
+2
Minor Update #3

Considering to incorporate a 7.5 hrs sleep schedule e.g. 10:30-6:00

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2019, 11:59:01 am »
Minor Update #3

Considering to incorporate a 7.5 hrs sleep schedule e.g. 10:30-6:00

Wow, six am! I also get up that early but not usually by choice. Is this an increase in sleep or similar to what you have been doing?

brothanathan

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2019, 12:05:04 pm »
+4
Wow, six am! I also get up that early but not usually by choice. Is this an increase in sleep or similar to what you have been doing?

I was a night owl 3 years ago and now I'm a morning person. Hence, why I'll rather get my work done earlier. I use to feel awake at 3 am and now I feel brain-dead by 2 am. 

Fun fact: VCE HHD must be wrong about youth's sleep patterns going later. Mine are going earlier...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:15:43 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2019, 12:23:45 pm »
+3
Last Update of Year 11, The Definer

[A reflection-based journal will come, something unique. I'll share resources to 3 lucky individuals]

I've recently changed my mentality (last 3 or so hours) and reflected on myself. Be life-long learners, rule yourself. Demand more, instill life-long values. You feel richer by helping others. The problem I face is if they even take on your advice and accept your support. Although Sharma says, a problem is only a problem if you make the choice to see it as a problem. Fortify my situation to use it as a fuel to improve permanently. Put a flexible default in practice.

My goal is to instill values that all people in the 5% who are world-class in their own right have. Stop being a consumer, apply true initiative for once and make a bold move. Don't just preach but do, commit. Have personal responsibility, symbolize discipline!

Hope this inspires you to the same.

The next journal may start on Friday, 22 November 2019.

Mod edit: Edited out comment. Please see me if you have any queries. --Calebark

Lesson: Never intitiate hype on forums, not everyone can grasp your intent. If not this happens. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 04:46:19 pm by brothanathan »

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2019, 10:15:00 pm »
How do you find balancing a 3/4 lote subject along with your other 1/2 subjects?