Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:05:25 pm

Author Topic: What do you guys think about me moving schools?  (Read 412 times)  Share 

Reyce

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What do you guys think about me moving schools?
« on: May 22, 2020, 10:41:07 pm »
I have currently been mentally flip flopping between staying and moving so I would like to ask for you guys opinions.

So currently right now I live in a really crappy suburb and go to a pretty bad school on the mornington peninsula, for those who live here probably know what school I am talking about. The school has some of the lowest vce rankings in the state and most of the students that go here are in VCAL, and with an already small cohort of 500 in the entire school it means a lot of my classes just have 5-10 people in them and a lot of subjects just aren't offered or clash with one another. The students here are just terrible, in year 10 i took Legal Studies 1&2 and topped the class for both exams, in fact i was the only one to finish one of the exams. It is really starting to affect my overall mood towards school, it really takes a toll on you when everyone around you is just scraping by and doing no work.

I have the option to move in with my dad (divorced parents) up near ringwood to much better schools and a much nicer suburb overall, I like it a lot there than I do here. I would also be able to pick up the subjects I want such as French and physics, I'm interested in engineering so it would help and I would like to live and work in Europe one day. I would also be with more like minded people who share my interests. I was planning to move their anyway for Uni because they are way closer with public transport where as if I stayed here im looking at least a 1 hour commute each way.

So that's about it. Forgot to mention i'm currently in year 11 doing two 3&4 subjects, If i decided to move it would probably be at the end of term two, so in like a month.

Thank you!