Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 05:31:14 pm

Author Topic: Networks Critical Path Analysis  (Read 1040 times)  Share 

gabardinpo

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Networks Critical Path Analysis
« on: July 16, 2018, 10:31:27 pm »
Not sure how to complete question 3. Thanks in advance!

lemonlemonlemon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Networks Critical Path Analysis
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 09:37:18 am »
I'm also learning networks (just skimming through haha as I am still doing matrices) so I might be wrong. Right now I don't have the resources to work this out therefore I will tell you the road to its solution and work it out yourself!

So if the earliest which is the "minimum" completion time is path ABCD is 29 (don't know units, could be hours. mins, days...). Then to figure out how long you can delay path J without increasing the earliest completion time is to SIMPLY increase the time of J (by 1 unit, trial and error but if you already filled in the boxes, you can do this in your head easily) to a unit before the minimum completion time (29) increases
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:54:51 am by lemonlemonlemon »

galaxy21

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +23
Re: Networks Critical Path Analysis
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 05:22:51 pm »
So for activity C to begin, J and B must already have been completed. The earliest time in which activity B can be completed is in 15 days (9+6=15), however if this was not to be required, it could begin after 9 days, as this when activity J is completed (5+4=9). This is 6 days earlier (15-9=6), and therefore activity J could be increased by 6 days, meaning that it can be delayed for no more than 10 days (6+4=10).

This is what the answer a teacher told us. Hopefully my explaining isn't too terrible!  :-\
2018 - Biology, Further
2019 - English, Chemistry, Methods, Health and Human Development
2020 - Bachelor of Science (Melbourne Uni)