Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 03:58:14 am

Poll

When are you free for an AN Meetup?

Monday 9th
6 (12%)
Tuesday 10th
6 (12%)
Wednesday 11th
8 (16%)
Thursday 12th
6 (12%)
Friday 13th
9 (18%)
Saturday 14th
3 (6%)
Sunday 15th
4 (8%)
Saturday 21st
5 (10%)
Sunday 22nd
3 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: NSW forum meetup-July holidays!!  (Read 9148 times)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: NSW forum meetup-July holidays!!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 08:47:33 pm »
+4
So excited for this, and to meet some new people!!! Looks like we're down to July 11, 12 and 13 :-)

This is how I imagine welcoming the new people at the meetup

I have a shift on 11th that goes from 12pm-8pm *coughs* ahhaha
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 08:48:14 pm »
+2
I will happily record/write something for you to show your parents if that helps ;D

Right now this seems like an even split so I will make a captains call later tonight if I need to ;)

Most subtle #goodadmin plug ever.

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »
+1
Just say you're going to the State Library to study or you're meeting up with friends for lunch lol it works every time

Unfortunately, if I tell them I wanna study at the State Library, my mum will still come with me- it's either my mum is willing to go to the State Library with me or my dad forces my mum to go with me :/

I will happily record/write something for you to show your parents if that helps ;D

Idk why I found this amusing- it's like 'Hey Olivia's parents, I swear I'm not a stranger, I know her...'

My parents are the type where they will let me go to the city if they come with me, I go there with a friend or if I'm meeting up with someone they know (e.g. Susie- my mum's met her so she may be cool if there's someone she trusts at the meet up).

The struggles of having overprotective parents ;-;
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 08:57:20 pm »
My parents are the type where they will let me go to the city if they come with me, I go there with a friend or if I'm meeting up with someone they know (e.g. Susie- my mum's met her so she may be cool if there's someone she trusts at the meet up).

I know Susie! I'm trustworthy by relation ;) wait did I meet your mum at the careers expo?

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 08:58:45 pm »
I know Susie! I'm trustworthy by relation ;) wait did I meet your mum at the careers expo?
Nah that's my friend's mum lmao (tbh so many people thought she was my mum lmao).
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 08:59:40 pm »
Nah that's my friend's mum lmao (tbh so many people thought she was my mum lmao).

I'VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED!

Well, if I can help, let me know ;D

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 09:01:52 pm »

I have a shift on 11th that goes from 12pm-8pm *coughs* ahhaha

That's a no to the 11th then ??

Unfortunately, if I tell them I wanna study at the State Library, my mum will still come with me- it's either my mum is willing to go to the State Library with me or my dad forces my mum to go with me :/

Aw man!! Tell your parents you're studying with your friends? Can definitely relate with the overprotective parents though - going to uni has made the overprotectiveness relax but the barriers are still there (you went to a party this week? Why do you want to go to the one a week after?)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 09:06:52 pm »
Why am I not remotely surprised by this
Rui pls, you're never surprised by anything I say

I still have the same issue to this day with my parents! (But to a lesser extent than I had before, haha)
(I mean they're probably not over-pleased about stuff I have planned in a couple of weeks but they didn't say no for once?!)
Hopefully they ease up over time! <3
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2018, 09:14:34 pm »
Idk why I found this amusing- it's like 'Hey Olivia's parents, I swear I'm not a stranger, I know her...'

(Hoping this doesn't sound too stalkerish but) Pretty sure you've mentioned your school on here before and it's fairly close to where mine was (not too sure though). If it helps, we could probably try to organise to take the train together.  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:39:48 pm by katie,rinos »
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 09:16:59 pm »
+1

Omg can relate with this 100% But remember that they care about your safety and make sure to update where you are at all times! But they will definitely be more flexible as time goes on (especially when you start uni!!)

That's a no to the 11th then ??

If the 11th is the final date, I will actually get my shift swapped/covered aha

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2018, 11:22:06 pm »

maybe I can finally meet you here!!

DUDE legit I will 100% be at this meet up. Are you coming?
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2018, 11:24:21 pm »
+7
Pending any huge objections:

MEETUP FRIDAY 13TH. LUNCHTIME. LOCATION TBA. SKYPE CHAT WITH VICTORIA SHALL BE ARRANGED.

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2018, 07:52:47 pm »
+5
(Hoping this doesn't sound too stalkerish but) Pretty sure you've mentioned your school on here before and it's fairly close to where mine was (not too sure though). If it helps, we could probably try to organise to take the train together.  :)

Omg can relate with this 100% But remember that they care about your safety and make sure to update where you are at all times! But they will definitely be more flexible as time goes on (especially when you start uni!!)
I'm actually thankful everyone here is so supportive/willing to help me make it to the day :D

I asked my mum about going to the meet up and she's cool with it but she will still come with me lmao. She won't sit there with us because she said she can find something in the city to busy herself with (even though I warned her it could go for hours) but she's cool with me going to the meet up!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2018, 08:46:24 pm »
+2
I'm actually thankful everyone here is so supportive/willing to help me make it to the day :D

I asked my mum about going to the meet up and she's cool with it but she will still come with me lmao. She won't sit there with us because she said she can find something in the city to busy herself with (even though I warned her it could go for hours) but she's cool with me going to the meet up!

Fantastic news!

Might bake some cupcakes for this meetup seeing that it's been a while since I've baked. Does anyone have any allergies or is gluten free or is vegetarian/vegan? Also need to know final numbers to figure out how many cupcakes I need to bake aha.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 09:12:44 pm »
+3
SUPERRRRR KEEEEEEEEN
I'll be there for sure!!  ;D ;D
Yay! So excited to meet you to Olivia!! Still can't believe I got sick the week of the Careers expo (I curse thee university). But I'm okay now ;) I will be there
Was such bad luck!
Looking foward to meeting you this time round

p.s bea, check your Pms, i sent you something
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU