Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:30:15 pm

Author Topic: NEAP SmartStudy Questions Guide  (Read 1457 times)  Share 

Zappi

• Forum Regular
  • Official ATARNotes Passerer of Food
  • Respect: +61
NEAP SmartStudy Questions Guide
« on: March 25, 2019, 05:45:30 am »
I've been looking at sources for good Further Maths questions apart from Checkpoints (don't wanna spoil the questions for myself) and a lot of people have been recommending the NEAP StudySmart Questions Guide. Can get one for $15 (2016 edition, ISBN 978-1-86478-221-9). I have a few questions about it:

• Is it worth it?
  • How hard are the questions / how realistic are they?
  • How many practice SACs does it have? Read somewhere here yesterday that it had around 40 all up
  • Is this current? Seller says it is but I've had a bad experience buying a BusMan book that was out-of-date  :'(
  • How many pages is it?
  • Does it follow the y=a+bx format for regression lines or y=mx+c?

Thanks to anyone reading this  ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:16:10 am by Zappi »
2018: English Language | General Maths | Business Management | Japanese SL | Computing
2019: English Language [29] | Further Maths [39] | Business Management [36] | Japanese SL [37] | Software Dev [42] | ATAR: 90.10

JLPT N3 Certified, aiming for N2 in December 2018. Hit me up with any Japanese-related questions!

My website: https://zappi.xyz/

Krycek

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Re: NEAP SmartStudy Questions Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 11:40:12 am »
+1
I've been looking at sources for good Further Maths questions apart from Checkpoints (don't wanna spoil the questions for myself) and a lot of people have been recommending the NEAP StudySmart Questions Guide. Can get one for $15 (2016 edition, ISBN 978-1-86478-221-9). I have a few questions about it:

• Is it worth it?
  • How hard are the questions / how realistic are they?
  • How many practice SACs does it have? Read somewhere here yesterday that it had around 40 all up
  • Is this current? Seller says it is but I've had a bad experience buying a BusMan book that was out-of-date  :'(
  • How many pages is it?
  • Does it follow the y=a+bx format for regression lines or y=mx+c?

Thanks to anyone reading this  ;D

I'm sorry I haven't used NEAP Smartstudy for Further Maths but I'd like you to also check out Further Maths ExamPro. I have used ExamPro Chemistry for SAQs as the book had practice SAC papers. I would assume that ExamPro Further Maths is like this- where they have practice sac papers for each module and they several full exams. However, I didn't do the Full exams in ExamPro Chemistry as I had little time left to do them and they were also way harder than VCAA Chemistry Exams. I'd recommend you to also check it out just to see if it is worth buying.
ATAR: 98

Bachelor of Biomedical Science

Zappi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 11:49:17 am »
I'm sorry I haven't used NEAP Smartstudy for Further Maths but I'd like you to also check out Further Maths ExamPro. I have used ExamPro Chemistry for SAQs as the book had practice SAC papers. I would assume that ExamPro Further Maths is like this- where they have practice sac papers for each module and they several full exams. However, I didn't do the Full exams in ExamPro Chemistry as I had little time left to do them and they were also way harder than VCAA Chemistry Exams. I'd recommend you to also check it out just to see if it is worth buying.

I looked at the ExamPro Further Maths book (ISBN 978-0-9875376-0-7) but it seems like it was made for an older study design. Is it still relevant?
2018: English Language | General Maths | Business Management | Japanese SL | Computing
2019: English Language [29] | Further Maths [39] | Business Management [36] | Japanese SL [37] | Software Dev [42] | ATAR: 90.10

JLPT N3 Certified, aiming for N2 in December 2018. Hit me up with any Japanese-related questions!

Zappi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 10:34:23 am »
Just for anyone reading this in the future, the book was up-to-date! ;D
Be weary of the questions though, some of them are very difficult, so much so that my Further teacher couldn't answer them.
I wouldn't pay more than $25 ~ $30 for it, but if you can find one under or in that range go for it ;D Really detailed solutions so you can see where you went wrong