Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:09:42 pm

Author Topic: Tutoring Profile Pages  (Read 2063 times)  Share 

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +305
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Tutoring Profile Pages
« on: November 21, 2013, 02:28:05 pm »
+5
Can I suggest adding a 'Location' section to the profiles, where tutors can say whereabouts they're available to teach? Even when I did have it in my description I'd get requests from students who after about six emails would reveal that they were only interested if I could go to Greensborough or Werribee or Rowville or some other Woop-Woop location, which were all a fair way away from the places I'd said I taught at. So I think it could be a measure that saves us all a lot of time and prevents unnecessary confusion.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:15:56 pm by charmanderp »
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Sticky. :P
  • Respect: +467
Re: Tutoring Profile Pages
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:59:44 pm »
+3
I think that's what the 'postcode' requirement is meant to serve as, but it definitely isn't doing a great job. Sure, it tells people the general vicinity you're in (if you can be bothered finding the area which corresponds to the postcode) but it also fails to take into account that tutors may work out of other locations that aren't close to home (eg university libraries, State Library of Victoria). I'd definitely be up for a 'location' field or something, to make it clearer to potential students. :)
2017-2020: Doctor of Medicine - The University of Melbourne
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 03:16:53 pm »
Yep. And perhaps a box which tutors can tick if they're open to moving around (driving to student's houses, potentially teaching at a different library, etc), or if it's non-negotiable.
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 04:05:29 pm »
+3
Added to David's to-do list :P
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 04:11:40 pm »
Added to David's to-do list :P
Yay! Just to be a bit more specific, being able to add options like 'State Library' or 'Camberwell Library' or 'House in Atlantis' or whatevs would I think be ideal.