Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 09:35:22 pm

Author Topic: Mundane life updates  (Read 269162 times)  Share 

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Mundane life updates
« Reply #990 on: January 09, 2020, 12:32:34 pm »
+7
I'm gonna be taking cold showers from now on. Had my first cold shower today and I must say it was really uplifting and the cold water made me alert instantly. I'm doing it because apparently it has a bunch of benefits some of which are direct, others not so, but also because cold showers mean I'll spend less time in there as I don't want to be cold and thus saving water which is always a priority!

On a side note my skin seems to be looking much better than before..
I'd like to do this, but I also have no willpower.

jinaede1342

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #991 on: January 09, 2020, 10:27:59 pm »
+5
I'm gonna be taking cold showers from now on. Had my first cold shower today and I must say it was really uplifting and the cold water made me alert instantly. I'm doing it because apparently it has a bunch of benefits some of which are direct, others not so, but also because cold showers mean I'll spend less time in there as I don't want to be cold and thus saving water which is always a priority!

On a side note my skin seems to be looking much better than before..

You kind fellow, have changed the course of my life forever. Just had my first cold shower 30 mins ago and it is the most incredible thing. I use to shower with water that quite literally scalded my skin. Never thought of trying the opposite extreme but my skin feels clearer, reduced shower time by like half, not to mention that it’s SO refreshing after a long 33°C day. Blesssss
VCE: | English [48] | Global Politics [44] | Biology [40] | Chemistry [36] | French [34] | Methods [32]
ATAR: 98.40
2020: Bachelor of Laws (honours)/ Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

Selling Global Politics responses + English/Global feedback and essay correction: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189680.0

Global Politics Tuition via Zoom - PM for details

SlowandSteady

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #992 on: January 10, 2020, 10:04:06 am »
+5
First time going out into the city in one and a half years despite coming to Melbourne every holidays. People get way closer to trams when crossing the road than I'd be comfortable with.

Go Renegades 8)
QCE Class of 2023 :D

sweetcheeks

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +83
  • School: ---
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #993 on: January 10, 2020, 10:17:54 am »
+7
Trying to write this paper that was supposed to be done three months ago. It's so hard to find motivation to do it. I know what I need to do but I'm just finding other lab work to do instead.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #994 on: January 10, 2020, 02:27:11 pm »
+9
Me, 12 months ago: I need to buy more tees/shirts- I don't have enough

Me, just before: ah yes, I forgot to buy more tees, lets buy some now
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #995 on: January 10, 2020, 09:30:50 pm »
+7
I'd like to do this, but I also have no willpower.
Same! I contemplated this for the longest time but I must say it is worth it. Now after like the 3rd day I practically don't even care that it's cold water and really I don't even miss the warm showers now.

You kind fellow, have changed the course of my life forever. Just had my first cold shower 30 mins ago and it is the most incredible thing. I use to shower with water that quite literally scalded my skin. Never thought of trying the opposite extreme but my skin feels clearer, reduced shower time by like half, not to mention that it’s SO refreshing after a long 33°C day. Blesssss
That's great! Yeah see my skin feels so much better too. It's definitely doesn't become a bit dry like from a hot shower and plus it seems to glow a lot more.

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #996 on: January 11, 2020, 11:57:18 am »
+4
Same! I contemplated this for the longest time but I must say it is worth it. Now after like the 3rd day I practically don't even care that it's cold water and really I don't even miss the warm showers now.
Will you still take cold showers in the winter months?
somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
carl sagan

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #997 on: January 11, 2020, 04:25:54 pm »
+3
Will you still take cold showers in the winter months?
I think the trick is to make sure the temperature of the water is below room temperature. This makes sense scientifically because really it's not the fact that the water is cold that makes a difference but rather that it's not as hot or hotter than room temperature. Skin dries because the hot water strips your skin of moisture, I'm pretty sure this won't happen as long as it's cooler than room temperature. Obviously I think it still must be below a certain threshold.

So I'll definitely take 'cold' showers in the colder months by making sure the water is cooler than room temperature.

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #998 on: January 11, 2020, 04:50:07 pm »
+2
Today I ate a piece of really strong dark chocolate and I thought it tasted a bit like vegemite. Has anyone else had this with a really strong dark chocolate?
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #999 on: January 12, 2020, 07:05:32 pm »
+13
I let the battery in my phone completely drain out today, didn't put it back on charge. I've done it before, but to me personally, it really helps me be productive, as I'm not constantly checking it (and can't, because its dead...lol)

I've been much more productive without it.

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #1000 on: January 13, 2020, 03:29:33 pm »
+11
I typed the unit code for one of the units I'm taking this semester into google...

And legitimately at the bottom of the first page of search results is my AN uni journal! Had a bit of a giggle!  ;D
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #1001 on: January 13, 2020, 09:49:30 pm »
+8
I typed the unit code for one of the units I'm taking this semester into google...

And legitimately at the bottom of the first page of search results is my AN uni journal! Had a bit of a giggle!  ;D
That is pretty funny!

I googled all 24 of my units and 13 of them bring up a forum reference on the first page of results, with only one having the result being the third result haha!

EDIT: I typed the last part of this post wrong and I am a goose and need to learn to proofread things haha
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:54:51 pm by insanipi »

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #1002 on: January 15, 2020, 09:20:49 am »
+10
I'm wearing socks that have pizzas on them saying "another one bites the crust."
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #1003 on: January 15, 2020, 11:44:37 am »
+11
I forgot how heavy my backpack can be, until just before 😅

Also from South Kensington (3 stops before Flinders St), I usually can see the city buildings in the distance. For the second day in a row, I can't :(

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #1004 on: January 15, 2020, 05:21:05 pm »
+11
Yay for Melbourne weather delaying my 1:05-2:40 flight to still being stuck in a plane on the tarmac at 5:20