Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:11:06 am

Author Topic: Have you done "what career should you go into?" quizzes? What did you get?  (Read 1325 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Was just talking about this with somebody from work, and it reminded me that in Year 10, we did career quizzes and my suggested profession was a stained glass window-maker. Hahaha. It's one of my favourite things because it seems like such a niche career and I have no idea how the test came to that conclusion.

Anyway, have you done a quiz like this before? What did it spit out? Do you think it was/is accurate? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
I’ve done some career quizzes - I definitely did it just to see what it said rather than because I had any intention of following it lol. I never got anything as bizarre or specific as you did though.

Can’t remember what I got exactly but I think I mostly got areas like science, animal-related stuff, and social work. They’re all somewhat accurate, but also very broad areas so I think it’d be hard to get it wrong when being that general.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
I’ve done some career quizzes - I definitely did it just to see what it said rather than because I had any intention of following it lol. I never got anything as bizarre or specific as you did though.

Can’t remember what I got exactly but I think I mostly got areas like science, animal-related stuff, and social work. They’re all somewhat accurate, but also very broad areas so I think it’d be hard to get it wrong when being that general.

Yeah, nice.

I'm not sure why mine was so specific. One of my friends got "garbage person" haha. I wish I could remember which quiz it was.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Yeah, I did a careers quiz in year 10 as well. I think one of my options was a pastor or something really random. I think it was mostly about helping people though (fairly sure teaching was on there).
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

cooldude123

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +26
I remember my best fit from a quiz in Year 10 was a project manager - all of my other options were economics-y type things, all of which were completely unrelated to what I'm going into right now.

I do wonder if there's been any research done into how students who choose and don't choose to follow their recommended career do.
VCE Class of 2015

brothanathan

All I can say is... Worthless

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
well when I got my results from this career quiz ( it was an actual package that my school purchased for students) I was sorta excited to see what it would say . . . I had no idea my self besides the fact that I want to go to the science/medicine field.

Well my top result was 'cashier'  8).   - friends also made fun of me cause of my Indian ethnicity. lol

Is it accurate - well this certain quiz wasn't - maybe I just chose the wrong responses  . . .
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 02:29:42 pm by Ionic Doc »
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University