Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:16:54 am

Author Topic: Studying English  (Read 481 times)  Share 

Redden380_

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Studying English
« on: January 16, 2021, 09:24:29 pm »
Hey everyone,
I was just looking for some extra study methods I could use to study my english texts (e.g. character maps, plot rollercoaster) and if there's any specific ones that anyone would like to recommend.

LearnVCEEnglish

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Re: Studying English
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 06:09:19 pm »
+3
Hi Redden380_!

I provide an in depth discussion of all of the techniques I used in my article 4 Study Techniques for VCE English. I also made a Reddit post a little while ago on studying throughout the holidays for VCE English.

I think the key is to make sure that when you are reading and analysing your texts you are producing tangible material that you can use throughout the year. By this I mean not just generating ideas/formulating opinions on key themes, but also creating physical quote lists that you can begin to appropriately prune. This is needed for VCE English essays, you need to be able to provide evidence that backs up the claims you are making around the text. I find that a lot of students forget that this is work that needs to be done - going through, page by page, and finding quotes in relation to key ideas is necessary to write a decent essay. It is also necessary to do this as early on as possible, or at least, leaving enough time that you can memorise what is needed.
Hi! I'm Tanya - I created LearnVCEEnglish.com, a website that looks to create high quality free VCE English resources for VCE students.

2021: Masters of Teaching (Secondary)
2016 - 2018: Bachelor of Arts (Literature/Linguistics)
2015: 99.00 ATAR
50 (English), 47 (Literature), 46 (Legal Studies), 42 (History: Revolutions), 41 (Classical Studies), 35 (Economics)