Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:02 am

Author Topic: Forbidden's VCE Journal  (Read 12664 times)

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +44
Forbidden's VCE Journal
« on: September 11, 2017, 06:23:59 pm »
+13
Hey guys, I'm Forbidden. I'm in year 11 this year and doing Psych 3/4, Methods 1/2, Eng Lang 1/2, Accounting 1/2, Legal 1/2 and Economics 1/2. Just wanted to start my own journal so I can reflect on it next year and use it to keep me motivated.

11/09

-I got my psych SAC back today. Did better than average, just a bit disappointed since I still could have done better and made a very silly mistake. But upside is there is only one more SAC to go for psych ever,

-Today was action packed with catching up on tests since I was away last week. In the morning, I had an Eng Lang commentary, which I screwed up. I had an accounting test in the afternoon, which I felt I did decent in. And during the end of the day, I had a methods test on anti-differentiation, which was quite hard for some parts.

- No legal or economics today, but I've got an economics oral tomorrow on income equality, which should be interesting.
VCE
Spoiler
2017: Psychology [45]
2018: Economics [50] Legal Studies [42] Methods [37] Accounting [46] English Language [36]
ATAR: 98.4
Open to tutoring and selling notes for some of these subjects, PM me for more details!

Uni
Spoiler
Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Forbidden's VCE Journal
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:27:16 pm »
+3
Excited to see you getting more active, Forbidden! :D

How have you found Psych this year? Have you enjoyed it/disliked it? If you had your time again, would you pick it to be your accelerated 3/4? :)

Really keen to read your future instalments!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 06:29:39 pm »
+2
^Ya, can't wait for this! Stoked to have you on the JJ train, Forbidden. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 06:31:31 pm »
+5
Excited to see you getting more active, Forbidden! :D

How have you found Psych this year? Have you enjoyed it/disliked it? If you had your time again, would you pick it to be your accelerated 3/4? :)

Really keen to read your future instalments!
Hey there! I've found psych really interesting this year. Even though it is quite content heavy, it's quite applicable to real life which makes it much more easier to remember content. But generally I've found, while it is content heavy, the content isn't confusing or such, so I've found it simple to wrap my head around most things. I also have the added bonus of an amazing psych teacher who is really passionate about the subject and a really nice guy overall. And if I had the choice, I would pick psych as my year 11 subject every time due it being arguably the most content heavy subject of my lot, and I would like to get that done before I get into year 12. :D And thanks a lot, I appreciate you enthusiasm, haha.
VCE
Spoiler
2018: Economics [50] Legal Studies [42] Methods [37] Accounting [46] English Language [36]
Open to tutoring and selling notes for some of these subjects, PM me for more details!

Uni
Spoiler

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 06:32:42 pm »
+2
Hey there! I've found psych really interesting this year. Even though it is quite content heavy, it's quite applicable to real life which makes it much more easier to remember content. But generally I've found, while it is content heavy, the content isn't confusing or such, so I've found it simple to wrap my head around most things. I also have the added bonus of an amazing psych teacher who is really passionate about the subject and a really nice guy overall. And if I had the choice, I would pick psych as my year 11 subject every time due it being arguably the most content heavy subject of my lot, and I would like to get that done before I get into year 12. :D And thanks a lot, I appreciate you enthusiasm, haha.

Great call on Psych. It's a brilliant subject.

Is the plan to continue with all of your current 1/2 subjects next year?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 06:37:41 pm »
+5
Great call on Psych. It's a brilliant subject.

Is the plan to continue with all of your current 1/2 subjects next year?
I'm hoping to apply for UMEP Economics, however my methods grades aren't on par, so I'd have to see if I would be able to apply for it. If I do manage to get accepted into it, I'll drop accounting for it. However, if I don't, the plan is to continue with all my current subjects. :)
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 08:34:48 pm »
+4
12/09

So, today was a semi chillish day.
- In the morning, I had economics in which I did my oral on poverty and income equality, and the rest of the class was pretty chill and easy going.
- Legal was pretty nice because we're doing a topic that's not in he textbook so it's nice to get a balance of textbook material and kind of 'real life' material.
- In methods, we had a CAS test which I think I did decently in, apart from screwing up the last question. :'(
- English language was refreshing since we're in a new area of study and just looked at the basic concepts and definitions.
- Finally comes accounting, in which we got our test which I did yesterday back. :( I did decent in it as well, considering I didn't even know I would do the test yesterday haha.

I was planning on doing a bit of psych after I got home, but Metro screwed me over by delaying my train which caused me to get a later bus which meant I got home at 5:30. :( So, I didn't manage to do as much as I hoped, but I managed to do a tiny bit.
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 08:20:46 pm »
+4
13/09

- Legal, accounting and economics were normal, just covered some more content and progressed through the course.
- Eng lang was quite fun since we were looking at different dialects and looking how languages die and how they're born.
- Psych was the highlight for the day since we finished the whole course today. Whoooo! Another highlight was we had a revision lecture for psych after school (our psych teachers are seriously the best) which covered mainly Unit 3 since we did that a really long time ago, with a little focus on Unit 4. After, we had some celebratory pizza to celebrate our accomplishment. :)
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 08:21:54 pm »
+5
14/09

Today was a pretty good day overall.

- Firstly I had methods, in which we did matrices. Thankfully, I did this topic last weekend so it actually made sense to me.  ;D
- Legal, economics and accounting were like normal, just covered more content and moved through the course.
- In psych, our teacher went through exam guides and tips and the overall structure of the exam, since we finished the content yesterday.

I also got to finish after lunch, so that meant I could get through a bit of psych as I was a bit behind. So yeah, overall a pretty nice day. Can't wait for Friday tomorrow ahah. :)
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 04:33:45 pm »
+4
15/09

- Psychology was quite informative today, as we went over areas that we were the weakest in and attempted to know all the dot points in the study design. However, we have our trial exam next week so I'm a bit stressed about that, meaning I'll have to cram the whole course this weekend and into next week.
- In methods, we went over solving simultaneous equations using matrices, which was not as hard as I imagined it would be.
- English language, legal and economics were like normal, we just covered more stuff and content.

VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 08:40:32 am »
+4
18/09

Today was a pretty chill overall.
- I had methods first up, in which we went through transformations using matrices. Luckily, I did this the night before so I was able to understand it well.
- Psych was cancelled since this week is trial exam week, so I tried to get some revision done on the area I wasn't quite sure about.
- Accounting was normal and we just moved through the content.
- In Eng Lang, we looked at language change and language misuse, and had to create a podcast on different varieties of English and whether they would be considered language misuse or language change, which was quite fun.
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 09:12:00 pm »
+4
19/09

Today was probably a really chill day, so nothing much to add.
- In accounting, we had a work period, so after doing a bit of accounting work, I did some psych revision for my trial exam on Thursday.
-Legal, Eng lang and methods were normal, and we just covered more content.
- We were supposed to have double eco for period 6 and 7, but only 2 people (including myself) showed up (because mostly everyone had trial exams for popular subjects like bio and accounting). So we just asked our teacher if we could leave early and he was like sure. Because of this, I managed to get through a practise exam for psych in preparation for Thursday.

20/09
Today I was kind of nervous because of my trial exam tomorrow.
- Eng lang, eco, accounting and legal were normal, we just moved through the content and all.
- However, since all 3/4 classes were cancelled this week, I got to leave after period 4 and got home quite early. This meant I could do a lot of psych revision, which basically constituted of me reading a shit ton of my notes, and doing a practise exam. I'm just going through some of the content with my friend now. I can also wake up quite late tomorrow since my trial exam starts at 1:45, meaning I don't need to get to school till then, yay!
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 07:19:05 pm »
+5
21/09:

Today I had my psych trial exam. Since it was in the afternoon, I woke up at a nice time of around 9, and did a bit of revision before heading to school. As for the trial exam itself, I was quite underwhelmed, since it was the exact same sample exam that VCAA published earlier this year. Considering I had done the multiple choice previously for this exam, I was able to breeze through the multiple choice. I felt this didn't really give me an indicator on my time management as 50 marks of the paper was prior knowledge. However, the trial exam did tell me I needed to work on my extended response, as I struggled a bit due to the one in the sample paper being quite open ended.

22/09:

Last day of term, I was pretty hyped. All classes were basically free because we didn't learn much, if anything at all. We finished school early, so I went to the city with a bunch of friends, and we got food and played pool. So that was pretty nice. :)
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 08:49:57 pm »
9/10:
Today was a dreaded day since I had to go back to school, which meant waking up at 6 rather than 10, the time I woke up in the holidays.  :'(
But it was quite a nice day overall, with the highlight being receiving my psych trial exam back. I managed to astound myself by getting 92% since I thought I completely screwed up the exam because I lost motivation halfway through since it was the same sample exam VCAA posted. Most of the mistakes I made were in one question (feelsbad) and something I could easily improve on in the actual exam by taking a longer time to read the question instead of rushing through it. I was very proud of the fact that I managed to get 9 on the extended response section, meaning that I could easily improve this for the real exam through completing more extended responses.

-In Eng Lang we started to look at the rise of English as the global lingua franca which led to the homogenisation of cultural identities around the world, and were told we had to write a practise essay that was due in 2 weeks.  :'( This also meant that everyone in my class used the non-fiction section of the library for the first time.  ;D
- We started probability in methods, which is by far my most hated topic in the entirety of methods, so I need to really understand it in order to boost my grades to get into UMEP.
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 08:55:19 pm »
+2
10/10:

The only highlights for today probably were;
-In economics, we looked at globalisation and how we would benefit from a more globalised world.
- I revised a crap ton for my psych SAC tomorrow (last one ever!). I'm pretty confident with all the content I've learned in this AoS and hope I can ace this SAC as well. But, the dreading date of November the second draws closer and closer, and each day I slowly realise there is about 3 weeks to go before the final exam. So, I'm going to have to be in super mode and learn alllllll the AoS's as well as do a few more practice exams.
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler