Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:47:40 am

Author Topic: a journey on the yellow brick road  (Read 33611 times)

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
Re: a journey on the yellow brick road
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2019, 12:14:29 am »
+2
Yeah I really really want to, but I feel like I wouldnt be allowed as I havent experienced my new teacher before and dont have a valid excuse for changing. A few people have but it was mainly because they had issues with the current teacher.

I was seriously considering though, but am kind of scared too  :-[
Maybe sit through the first few classes and see how it goes? If you don't like it, change classes. I get you, I'd be a bit nervous too but I'm sure it'll pay off in the end :)

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
Re: Finding Myself Through VCE | My Journey.
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 01:20:49 am »
+4
Anyway, I finallyyyyyy spoke to my old teacher and she'd love to have me in her class :) I'm now trying to get a change done - I guess its worth trying!
Thanks so much for giving me some confidence
That’s so good to hear! We also happen to be reading nine days! As for Methods... oh boy.

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2019, 04:17:35 pm »
+2
Well done on the awards!
Also, good luck for your Methods SS :)

yesh.weerakkody

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2019, 09:49:18 pm »
+2
Congrats on ur awards!!!
Do you very best, and nothing less!

2020-21: 95.05 - psych (43), bio (40) & LOTE (40)
2022-25: BSciAdvResearch(Hons)

pm me if you're interested in biology tutoring!

yesh.weerakkody

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2019, 12:07:56 am »
Happy Saturday!

Well this is probably going to be my last proper journal post until next year, as its time to enjoy the holidays! Yay!

So just doing this to quickly to do an update on results day!

12/12/19
So....I didnt set any alarms to wake up at promptly 7, but managed to wake up in time to check my results at around 10 past anyway. I literally did not feel anything, which was quite unusual for me. No butterflies, no happiness, no nothing. I usually get so stressed to receive results, but I was not feeling anything. So just quick backstory, at the start of the Year, I was aiming for a 38+ for Methods. Throughout the year, this goal seemed pretty reasonable, but after doing practice exams, I thought that I may just be able to scrape through with a 40!

During the exams, I changed by expectations. Exam 1 did not go well for me, I made so many silly errors that I shouldve not. Exam 2, however was decent! I therefore made up my mind to be happy with anything above a 35, to avoid dissapointment  :) Like with my score now I'm happy, but kinda disspointed at the same time if you know what I mean.

Anyway, looking at my result, I achieved a B+, A, A! I was NOT expecting an A for GA2, but was quite dissapointed to see a B+ for GA1. I really thought I may get a better SAC mark.

Anyway, so i managed a 37!! Although it is not the highest score, judging my performance on the exams this was expected, so I am happy! Methods was never my strong subject. I am so proud of how far I've come - from being chucked into the Advanced Maths Program in Year 9, and not having a clue, to a 37 this year......I am so happy. More than the score, I'm going to take away so many tips into next year! I'm also planning on create a Methods Guide these holidays, stay tuned.

But WAIT.......the BEST news comes now.

I got an email from one of the principals at my school, and I almost got a HEART ATTACK. (excuse the hyperbole......) It was an email saying that myself, and 3 boys in my year level DUXED methods. LIKE WHAT??? (Girl power yay). This was NEVER expected. I even had to sign a form last year to allow my school to publish my name and stuff if I duxed, and I remember laughing as I did it, as I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE!! I am SO happy!

But I'm surprised as I think its quite a low methods score for a dux....... think its lowest my schools had in a long time! But still cool either way haha.

Those other 3 with the same study score as me were all ranked higher than me. Out of curiosity, does that mean I performed the best in the exam out of them?

Anyway, I did my first art market today! It was super fun! I may add some photos of my stall setup soon as it turned out soooooo cute.
I'm also planning to go to some of the AN lectures next month. Anyone coming to a Chem/Spec/Physics one? It'll be so fun to meet!

Anyway....this may be my last post in a while, I dont go back to school until Feb, I may post next years goals on here sometime soon!

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me over the last few weeks! I'm SO grateful!

Happy holidays everyone!

Oooh ;D that must have felt really nice to see your work finally paying off! Good job!
Do you very best, and nothing less!

2020-21: 95.05 - psych (43), bio (40) & LOTE (40)
2022-25: BSciAdvResearch(Hons)

pm me if you're interested in biology tutoring!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2019, 12:50:23 am »
+5
-snip-
Congrats on getting dux!

37 is a terrific score in methods it should scale quite nicely to around 42.

Those other 3 with the same study score as me were all ranked higher than me. Out of curiosity, does that mean I performed the best in the exam out of them?
Yes, it is most likely you scored better than them on the exam if you came from a lower rank to get the same study score.

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2019, 06:17:00 pm »
+3
Congrats on getting dux!

37 is a terrific score in methods it should scale quite nicely to around 42.
Yes, it is most likely you scored better than them on the exam if you came from a lower rank to get the same study score.

Thanks so much Sine!  ;D

Oooh ;D that must have felt really nice to see your work finally paying off! Good job!

Thank you! I appreciate the support  ;D

rkjthguakj

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2019, 06:28:47 pm »
+4
Happy Saturday!

Well this is probably going to be my last proper journal post until next year, as its time to enjoy the holidays! Yay!

So just doing this to quickly to do an update on results day!

12/12/19
So....I didnt set any alarms to wake up at promptly 7, but managed to wake up in time to check my results at around 10 past anyway. I literally did not feel anything, which was quite unusual for me. No butterflies, no happiness, no nothing. I usually get so stressed to receive results, but I was not feeling anything. So just quick backstory, at the start of the Year, I was aiming for a 38+ for Methods. Throughout the year, this goal seemed pretty reasonable, but after doing practice exams, I thought that I may just be able to scrape through with a 40!

During the exams, I changed by expectations. Exam 1 did not go well for me, I made so many silly errors that I shouldve not. Exam 2, however was decent! I therefore made up my mind to be happy with anything above a 35, to avoid dissapointment  :) Like with my score now I'm happy, but kinda disspointed at the same time if you know what I mean.

Anyway, looking at my result, I achieved a B+, A, A! I was NOT expecting an A for GA2, but was quite dissapointed to see a B+ for GA1. I really thought I may get a better SAC mark.

Anyway, so i managed a 37!! Although it is not the highest score, judging my performance on the exams this was expected, so I am happy! Methods was never my strong subject. I am so proud of how far I've come - from being chucked into the Advanced Maths Program in Year 9, and not having a clue, to a 37 this year......I am so happy. More than the score, I'm going to take away so many tips into next year! I'm also planning on create a Methods Guide these holidays, stay tuned.

But WAIT.......the BEST news comes now.

I got an email from one of the principals at my school, and I almost got a HEART ATTACK. (excuse the hyperbole......) It was an email saying that myself, and 3 boys in my year level DUXED methods. LIKE WHAT??? (Girl power yay). This was NEVER expected. I even had to sign a form last year to allow my school to publish my name and stuff if I duxed, and I remember laughing as I did it, as I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE!! I am SO happy!

But I'm surprised as I think its quite a low methods score for a dux....... think its lowest my schools had in a long time! But still cool either way haha.

Anyway, I did my first art market today! It was super fun! I may add some photos of my stall setup soon as it turned out soooooo cute.
I'm also planning to go to some of the AN lectures next month. Anyone coming to a Chem/Spec/Physics one? It'll be so fun to meet!

Anyway....this may be my last post in a while, I dont go back to school until Feb, I may post next years goals on here sometime soon!

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me over the last few weeks! I'm SO grateful!

Happy holidays everyone!

Congrats on your SS and your DUX!! That's so amazing!!
2019: Business Management
2020: English | Methods | Economics | Legal Studies | Global Politics
2021: Bachelor of Commerce @ UniMelb
2022- 2024: Bachelor of Arts @ UniMelb | Diploma in Languages (Chinese)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2019, 09:14:36 pm »
+1
Congratulations! Great work! Would love to see photos of your craft market. The only 3/4 lecture I'm going to is the bio one, but maybe I'll see you around at some point! ;D

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2019, 07:30:34 pm »
+13
Hii! I hope everyones been having a good holiday season!! I decided to update this journal today as I thought I'd share some of the things that I've been getting up to on the holidays!! I might start updating this next week as I've been in such a procrastinating mood - I have so much homework and have not touched any of it (well......I attempted to do Chemistry...lasted about a solid 20 mins and stopped as nothing was going into my brain.) I'm usually never like this, I'm usually the one who gets their homework done within the first week.

I have so much to do though. I'm going on a small trip over the next two days.....so I've PROMISED myself that I WILL get a solid start on homework after I come back!!

Also......I posted my VCE Methods guide! (Can be found here: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189449.0)
Its not the best, but I do hope that it will be able to help some of you! I might add to it, I thought of more things I should add that may be of help  ;D

Also, I was looking back at some of my first journal posts, and I cant even explain how badly I expressed myself in those posts! I've updated the first one so it sounds better and explains a little bit more about me.

Well.....I will sign off nowww! I'll probs update this next week as a way of keeping my self accountable for doing homework! I do hope that everyone has a good week, Christmas and holidays in general!  :D ;)

Side Note: 100th Post!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 05:53:19 pm by ArtyDreams »

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2019, 05:06:54 pm »
+1

Anyway.....thought I'd share these two pictures, the first one is of my Art Market stall (I'm so in love with how it all came together) and the seocnd one is of a gingerbread house I made! Its he first time I've ever decorated one, and I made the entire thing from scratch!! I think it looks so cute and festive.

Art Market Stall
Gingerbread House

The Art Market Stall is absolutely gorgeous!! It is so aesthetically pleasing and I'm in love just looking at a picture of it😍. How long does it take for you to make and produce the stuff you sell? You have done such an amazing job! I literally just found your journal and I'm in love with it
*Watch me come on over next time just to admire all your stuff*
Do you have any plans to do another one in the future? (If so, watch me dash straight over) ;D

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2019, 08:53:11 pm »
+5
Heyo Arty!

I have the cutesttttt pet cat

This was the first thing I saw and I absolutely love where this is going. What type of cat do you have? (Do you think we can get a picture sometime? :P). Also, if you have time next year, can we see your notes? It must be super pretty and I do wonder how aesthetic they are😆.

I love your goals for 2020, especially the Art one! (The folio subject and STEM gang is the best). I'm rooting for you and Top Arts! *Pom poms are ready for support action*😂

In terms of uni, my *plan* is to go to Melbourne Uni and do Bsci/Master of Engineering. I’m thinking of Bioengineering, as it combines my love of helping others, design, maths and science all into one. If this doesn’t work out, I’m probably going to go into secondary school teaching :).

I love this so so much Arty! It is sort of funny because I've got the same mindset if engineering doesn't work out for me too. (I was also planning to do teaching if things didn't work out🤣). I really do feel like we are long lost buddies or something! (We have quite a lot in common and quite a lot of similar goals😆).

I'm really excited to see more of your journal in 2020! Let's make sure that we stick to our goals and make a good start to the new decade! ;D

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2019, 09:38:46 pm »
+4
Wow I read the whole post, great to see your goals Arty!  :) A picture of your cat would be adorable (my sister loves cats, but she’s allergic).

Also, I love making my notes pretty too, can totally relate  :)

Can’t wait to hear from you more in 2020!!!!  ;D
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2020, 11:04:08 am »
+3
Heyo Arty!

This was the first thing I saw and I absolutely love where this is going. What type of cat do you have? (Do you think we can get a picture sometime? :P). Also, if you have time next year, can we see your notes? It must be super pretty and I do wonder how aesthetic they are😆.

I love your goals for 2020, especially the Art one! (The folio subject and STEM gang is the best). I'm rooting for you and Top Arts! *Pom poms are ready for support action*😂

I love this so so much Arty! It is sort of funny because I've got the same mindset if engineering doesn't work out for me too. (I was also planning to do teaching if things didn't work out🤣). I really do feel like we are long lost buddies or something! (We have quite a lot in common and quite a lot of similar goals😆).

I'm really excited to see more of your journal in 2020! Let's make sure that we stick to our goals and make a good start to the new decade! ;D

Cat photos coming rightttt up!! Thanks for the support Ash! Lets conquer Year 12 with no regrets :)

Wow I read the whole post, great to see your goals Arty!  :) A picture of your cat would be adorable (my sister loves cats, but she’s allergic).

Also, I love making my notes pretty too, can totally relate  :)

Can’t wait to hear from you more in 2020!!!!  ;D

Thanks Chocolatemilkshake!! Pretty notes are so fun to create ha ha. Do you have any pets?

« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 11:06:07 am by ArtyDreams »

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2020, 06:08:29 pm »
+4
Hello Arty!

I’m a really quiet, shy, socially awkward person, and I’m so bad at starting conversations. But ironically, I also loveeee talking .
Wow! Are we twins? I have a hard time trying to talk to people and feel like people don't understand what I'm saying when I talk because well, I'm me.

To eat healthier (at least one fruit a day), drink a lot of water and at least 15 minutes of active movement a day
Same. I've started carrying my drink bottle with me wherever I go and try to take random sips whenever I can. What activities are you thinking of doing/do to keep active?

Anywayyyy I’ll stop this super long post, I really hope it didn’t bore you too much!!
Nah, it was pretty enjoyable to read! So, keep those posts coming!

:)