Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:47:21 am

Author Topic: physics  (Read 836 times)  Share 

striveforsuccess

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
physics
« on: April 24, 2019, 04:20:56 pm »
Can you still get a 40+ even in you are at the bottom of your cohort for physics?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: physics
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 06:17:58 pm »
+1
assuming you stay there: only if your cohort performs fantastically well on the exam

striveforsuccess

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 08:19:54 pm »
assuming you stay there: only if your cohort performs fantastically well on the exam
So, you're saying that assuming I stay in that same rank within the cohort, that means that the cohort has to also perform relatively well on the exam? What if it was; let's just say only me nailing the exam?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 08:48:27 am »
+1
So, you're saying that assuming I stay in that same rank within the cohort, that means that the cohort has to also perform relatively well on the exam? What if it was; let's just say only me nailing the exam?

If only you nailed the exam,  you'd get a high mark for GA3 (the exam component of your study score) which is worth 60%. If you didn't change your rank your GA1(unit 3 SACs) and GA2 (unit 4 SACs) grades would be low. 

Since getting a 40 requires being in roughly the top 9% of the state, if your GA1 & GA2 grades are too low you won't be able to achieve that target. 

That being said, you don't yet know how you or your cohort will perform on the exam and most of your assessment hasn't been completed yet - it's very hard to predict study scores with any kind of accuracy at this stage of the year

striveforsuccess

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 11:27:35 am »
If only you nailed the exam,  you'd get a high mark for GA3 (the exam component of your study score) which is worth 60%. If you didn't change your rank your GA1(unit 3 SACs) and GA2 (unit 4 SACs) grades would be low. 

Since getting a 40 requires being in roughly the top 9% of the state, if your GA1 & GA2 grades are too low you won't be able to achieve that target. 

That being said, you don't yet know how you or your cohort will perform on the exam and most of your assessment hasn't been completed yet - it's very hard to predict study scores with any kind of accuracy at this stage of the year
So far, we've done only 2 SACs and I know for a fact that I screwed up only one of them so far and so did the majority of the class, but my second result I didn't get back just yet.