Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:35:42 am

Author Topic: whys' VCE journal  (Read 79726 times)

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
Re: whys' VCE journal
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2020, 05:00:33 pm »
+3
Yay an update!
English
I really can't wait until this year is done and I never have to write another text response essay ever again. Wow, that sounds like heaven!
I can relate to this so much! My english text response is in a week and I can't stand writing an essays. The thought of writing three at the end of the year just makes me want to cry. Anyway, I read a paragraph of your english AA you put on atarnotes though and it was IN-CRE-DI-BLE! You shouldn't underestimate yourself. We'll get through it (you'll smash it) and then we'll never have to write another english essay again.

Chem
 I can't wait to make a move to organic chemistry. It's basically bio + chem combined and I LOVE the sound of that. Well, it's still 95% chem, but with biology applications.
YES I feel you, bio + chem = happiness (english =  :'( :'() Also, congrats on waking up early to do the UCAT mock exam, that's a fantastic achievement (I'm very proud) and I'm sure you'll be able to hit that 95 percentile (you put in so much work and persistance that I'm sure it will pay off!)

This is slightly random, but does anyone else feel like no matter how much they study, it's not enough? I feel like I need to put in way more effort to do as well as I used to because online learning basically equals independent learning and self-teaching. It's really difficult to remain up to date, and I'm confused as to how some people are even a little bit ahead of what we're doing.
I feel exactly the same so you are not alone! I almost feel like I should be studying more but everyday, when I wake up with the aim of being productive, I can never get as much done as I want. It's like I can SEE productivity but it just slips through my fingers.

Anyway, thanks for the update whys, I hope you have an awesome weekend  ;D
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2020, 06:56:45 pm »
+5
You know things are gonna be good when you see whys has a journal update

Can I just say, that me and you are 99.9% alike when it comes to 1/2 Chem. I despised 1/2 Chem with all my being and was also my worst subject so I can totally understand how 3/4 Chem is so much better!

UCAT
Okay, I need to talk about this for a sec. I have been putting off doing mock exams for a long time, and it sort of just hit me how close the exam is? The 2-hour exam that has a weighting EQUAL to my ATAR?! Like, it's seriously not hitting me at the moment. I need someone to bash my head into a wall to act as a reality check! Anyways, I woke up at 5:30am today to do a mock exam.

Ok first off, HOW? How on EARTH did you wake up that early??? (Please give me your tips) That is like a massive achievement alone so give yourself a pat on the back! That's some insane determination there and I know you will do amazing!!! Keep up the great work whys and it will pay off trust me ;D.
The Isolation Athletics day sounds super fun too! Glad you enjoyed yourself and it's always nice to have a break every once in a while for some fun.

Thank you for updating whys and have a great weekend! :D

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2020, 07:13:37 pm »
+4
Hi whys!

I really can't wait until this year is done and I never have to write another text response essay ever again. Wow, that sounds like heaven!
I despise text responses (or anything English related for that matter) so we're on the same boat here. I feel like the best thing about finishing the English exam is realising that I'll never have to write those types of essays ever again  ;D

I also teach my soft toys whenever I get the chance (you guys should too! It seriously helps with revision so much)
My family always think I'm insane when they hear me teach my plushies. Everyone who I give this advice to think I'm nuts as well! It is a weird advice but a very effective one especially if no-one around you is nowhere near interested about what you're learning about haha!

Best of luck in your upcoming SACs! Hope everything goes smoothly next week  ;D
somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
carl sagan

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2020, 08:45:07 pm »
+3
Yay an update! Great to see that things are going well in your subjects whys!

Honestly mood. I despise english very much too - imagine the relief we'll feel after that english exam! I'm the complete opposite when it comes to english - I despise language analysis with all my heart and would write a text reponse any day - well not really. English is a pain lol.

I also teach my soft toys whenever I get the chance (you guys should too! It seriously helps with revision so much)
Soft toys are our biggest supporters  ;D

Anyway - I really enjoy reading your update whys! Have a lovely weekend!

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2020, 10:50:48 am »
+6
I can relate to this so much! My english text response is in a week and I can't stand writing an essays. The thought of writing three at the end of the year just makes me want to cry. Anyway, I read a paragraph of your english AA you put on atarnotes though and it was IN-CRE-DI-BLE! You shouldn't underestimate yourself. We'll get through it (you'll smash it) and then we'll never have to write another english essay again.
I despise text responses (or anything English related for that matter) so we're on the same boat here. I feel like the best thing about finishing the English exam is realising that I'll never have to write those types of essays ever again  ;D
Honestly mood. I despise english very much too - imagine the relief we'll feel after that english exam! I'm the complete opposite when it comes to english - I despise language analysis with all my heart and would write a text reponse any day - well not really. English is a pain lol.
Yes - imagine not having to write another essay! The moment I put my pen down on the English exam, you bet I'll be smiling. ;) Good luck for your text response choco - I'm sure you'll absolutely smash it! Thanks choco (but honestly I don't know what I was writing and was making half of it up). Yep - English really is a pain in general.

YES I feel you, bio + chem = happiness (english =  :'( :'()
I could not agree with this more.

Also, congrats on waking up early to do the UCAT mock exam, that's a fantastic achievement (I'm very proud) and I'm sure you'll be able to hit that 95 percentile (you put in so much work and persistance that I'm sure it will pay off!)
Ok first off, HOW? How on EARTH did you wake up that early??? (Please give me your tips) That is like a massive achievement alone so give yourself a pat on the back! That's some insane determination there and I know you will do amazing!!! Keep up the great work whys and it will pay off trust me ;D.
Thank you! It took a lot of effort to wake up that early. :'(

Can I just say, that me and you are 99.9% alike when it comes to 1/2 Chem. I despised 1/2 Chem with all my being and was also my worst subject so I can totally understand how 3/4 Chem is so much better!
YES! 1/2 chem sucked tbh. I don't even know how I got through 1/2, now that I think about it.

The Isolation Athletics day sounds super fun too! Glad you enjoyed yourself and it's always nice to have a break every once in a while for some fun.
Yes, we all need some fun once in a while!

My family always think I'm insane when they hear me teach my plushies. Everyone who I give this advice to think I'm nuts as well! It is a weird advice but a very effective one especially if no-one around you is nowhere near interested about what you're learning about haha!
Soft toys are our biggest supporters  ;D
Yes - soft toys are always there for us and I love them. :D They listen when no one else will. And definitely agree - it's a very effective way to learn yourself!

Thanks everyone for the replies - have an awesome week and happy studying! ;D
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #230 on: June 06, 2020, 01:09:17 pm »
+15
As you may or may not know, I'm STILL freaking mad that I deleted my journal update and I'm not typing that up again, so here's a very basic rundown of things that have happened (that I can remember):

- Smooth transition back to school, no one follows social distancing because it's impossible at school and we have 10000 hand sanitiser bottles ever 1 metre now
- Failing english but crossing my fingers I did well on the creative bc that's the only thing I'm good at
- Comparative argument analysis is coming up, so hopefully, I can do decent in that to push up my ranking
- I was selected to do an English podcast for the comparative texts (basically a bunch of English nerds from the mainstream cohort get selected to talk about the themes in the texts and the entire cohort can listen to our interpretation of it and blah blah blah)
- Failing chem because I play crossy road in class and have no idea wth thermochem and electrochem even is, but whatever we're halfway through unit 4 aos something (I don't remember what number) and that's what matters
- I regret not paying attention to my 1/2s because I did no work for them last year
- Chem sac on Wednesday but I forgot to bring my scientific calculator home so time to die
- Rank 1 for bio in a competitive cohort so I am shocked (this is a bad thing because now my teacher expects me to maintain that and I can handle expectations from anyone except teachers, I just feel horrible if I ever disappoint my teachers)
- Methods is going good, I got 37/40 for the tf sac which probably puts me in the top 15 students because we have too many smarty pants at our school
- I wanted to pull out all my hair because I lost 3 marks on one question on the methods sac because I was being dumb, as soon as they said 'pens down' I realised what I needed to do to get the answer so currently hating myself for that
- Kuwtk is on Netflix and that is bad, time to procrastinate even more (as if youtube and money heist wasn't enough)
- What's UCAT? I've never heard of that before...
- What does being productive mean? I've never heard of that word before either
- I've been doing no work for the past whatever weeks which is bad but I can't help it, I'm lazy and sad and don't feel like studying
- I don't pay attention in class for maths because 2 hours listening to how to graph a tan graph and finding general solutions puts me to sleep
- Therefore I suffer because when I get home I have no idea what I'm doing so I skip three quarters of all the questions in the exercises
- Basically I'm dying not because of the pressure, but because I'm being dumb by not doing any schoolwork so life's good otherwise

Expectations
English - 25 43
Bio - 50
Chem - 38-40 haha this subject is a mess
Methods - 44
As always you should aim for 50 even if you expect something way lower! But yeah the 50 for bio includes me jumping to conclusions, and deep down I have a feeling a 50 is pretty out of reach for me because a) being rank 1 means nothing, you can get a 50 without being rank 1 b) it's not even the end of the year c) if I stuff up one sac I could easily drop to rank 200 d) I'm lazy and I procrastinate and I do nothing to fix that e) 50 is based on luck f) getting a 50 means you gotta be mad smart. I guess expecting a 50 is a bad idea because then I'll just be disappointed in myself if I don't get it, but whatever it's not like I have much to lose anyway.

As you can tell, my academic life is currently a mess, so let's move away from that and get to the non-academic stuff. Dance is good, we've been having zoom lessons each week so it's not like we've missed out on learning new things. St John is also online and we've been doing stuff like treating burns, patient assessment, fractures and asthma. I'm probably going to wait a while for coronavirus to die down before going on duty again because I'm still a little nervous to go out.

My other journal update was way more interesting but this will just have to do. Can't believe I deleted the entire thing, it took me ages to write too :(

I hope everyone has a good long weekend, and remember to take breaks when you need it! <3

EDIT: is it just me or is 2020 literally a mess
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 02:19:25 pm by whys »
psych [50] bio [50]

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2020, 11:17:18 pm »
+14
Hello good people,

I wanted to write another update before the UCAT, so the next time you see me on this journal will be after the UCAT :'(. Can't believe this exam is going to make or break my chance of getting into med. My exam is on the 6th of July (wish me luck, I'll need it).

We had our sac on immunity/cell signalling stuff quite recently - I definitely know I lost a mark on one of the diagram questions because I did a stupid thing, and I think I might have lost a couple of other marks for other silly mistakes, who knows. On the bright side, I got 16/17 on the validation task for bio, which my teacher said puts me right at the top! I don't think that task counts that much though, it was more to identify people who cheated on the sac we did during online school and the teachers have been vague about how they'll be combing the scores/if they will be combining our scores for the sac and the task we did at school. Chemistry is.... not so good. I'm so lost in class, so I just end up zoning out and end up being even more behind, and the more I think about the sac we did a few weeks ago, the more marks I think I've lost (yikes). So, probably shouldn't be thinking about that.... English is alright, I haven't really written any essays though because I've only been focusing on UCAT since my exam is so close. Same with methods - I'm really behind but I'll catch up over the holidays. Term 3 is literally a sac fest, with sacs one after the other after the other, so catch me at my funeral that will be held during term 3 if I'm not already buried after the UCAT haha. Especially because our entire schedules got pushed back because of covid - so we have even more sacs during term 3 than we normally would. Oh well, let's hope I can get through it. Right now, the only thought in my mind is UCAT - it's in my dreams, nightmares, every waking moment of my life, and if I'm not doing UCAT, I feel really guilty. I really hope I can do well, if not, goodbye to my dreams. :'(

goals
As you know, this is my last update until the UCAT, in which I'll probably have a lot to write about haha. The percentiles for my mocks have been all over the place - on Medentry, my highest is only 95th percentile, but I sometimes get mid-80s which makes me sad. I'm just holding onto the fact that the real exam isn't as hard as Medentry. Medify is not that bad - I can do pretty well on Medify, with my highest being 99th and lowest being my first mock (rip to that bad mock score). The official exams are so much harder than Medify though, which is pretty sad. If only the real exam was like Medify.... I hope I can do really well on the real thing, because I don't really have any other choice. My absolute dream would be 95th+ percentile, but I think an 85-90 is probably more achievable and realistic for me. Just anything to get me into Monash. It scares me that my UCAT is in 11 days. As of tomorrow, it will be in 10 days. Oh. My. God. I'm so scared. UCAT was kind of also my happy place haha - anytime I felt sick of doing schoolwork I'd do some UCAT practice to take my mind off things (yes, I'm that person ::)). It's safe to say that I will actually miss UCAT once it's over (unless I don't get into med, then I'll be repeating it) because it's actually quite fun, except for the times when you do bad and want to smash your head into the wall and melt into nothingness. I'm crossing my fingers I can do well though, and there's a small spark of hope in my heart that I will do well (despite the odds glaring back at me). All my friends are finishing their UCAT early which is good so we can virtually celebrate together on the holidays when we're all done. ;D

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and safe holidays.
psych [50] bio [50]

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2020, 07:27:01 am »
+5
Hello whys!  ;D

Congratulations on your amazing mark for bio!

Haha, same whys same. I'll actually die next term with all those assessments.

Best of luck with the UCAT! You have been putting in so much effort and have been working super hard so I know you can achieve that 95 percentile score! You can do it! I know you can!

Have a great holidays whys!

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2020, 08:23:21 am »
+6
Hey whys! :D

WHOOP WHOOP congrats for the amazing mark in Bio! I absolutely love seeing your enthusiasm for this subject and it definitely shines through in this journal.

Term 3 is literally a sac fest, with sacs one after the other after the other, so catch me at my funeral that will be held during term 3 if I'm not already buried after the UCAT haha.
Haha, same whys same. I'll actually die next term with all those assessments.
Hey whys and Evolio, let me come join that boat you guys are on with your SACs being so packed together in Term 3. I don't know if we are going to survive the wave.

I believe in you that you will do great on the UCAT! You are such a determined and hard-working person that I'm pretty sure your efforts are going to pay off. As Evolio has said above, YOU CAN DO IT!💖
Best of luck or the upcoming few days and make sure you take some time out for yourself. Make the most of your holidays whys and I'm really looking forward to a future update soon~

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2020, 07:29:01 pm »
+4
congrats on biology!!! and i wish you the best of luck for ucat!! make sure you're taking breaks and taking care of yourself, i'm more than sure that your efforts will pay off and you can celebrate to your heart's content afterwards (:
enjoy your holidays, whys  ;D

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2020, 05:41:43 pm »
+21
Thanks so much for the kind replies jeyda, ash and Evolio!!!! Your support means so much.

THE UCAT
Prepare yourselves. This might be a bit of a long update ;).
Before I talk about my experience, I'd like to express my MASSIVE gratitude to everyone: family, friends, relatives, fellow AN buddies, 'random girl on the internet' (you know who you are) and just AN in general for being awesome. This test has been a pivotal point in my life and honestly, couldn't have done it without all the support and kind words from everyone in my life. <3

I bet half of youse are going to skip straight to where I'm gonna post my results, so I'm just going to post my results right here ;D:
Verbal Reasoning - 700
Decision Making - 670
Quantitative Reasoning - 880
Abstract Reasoning - 870
TOTAL - 3120
Situational Judgement - 643

I was (and still am) completely SHOCKED. Never in a MILLION, BILLION, heck even TRILLION years did I ever think I would get this high. Honestly, walking out of the exam I thought I was going to get borderline 90th percentile, but would you look at that!!! I actually did extremely well!!!! For those of you who don't know how UCAT scoring works, basically I did really well! According to last year, this score would be a 98th percentile. Hopefully this year, it's the same (or a 99th percentile - I definitely wouldn't complain if I got a higher percentile hah).

VENUE
Did my exam at Airport West and at 11am. You might be thinking why the hell I did my test here if there were centres at Boxhill, Footscray, Melbourne CBD and I think there was one at Footscray West/East/North/South (I can't remember which one it was 😅). I wanted to do my UCAT in approx. the middle of term 2 holidays so I still had time to study for assessments at school that are taking place the first week back, and I wanted a morning session (I did mine at 11am) because I was scared I'd be too tired to do it during any evening time. So yeah, chose this testing centre because of date + time. OKAY ANYWAYS, I actually visited this testing centre last Sunday, because I'd never been around Airport West before and I didn't want everything to be foreign on the day of the test - having SOME familiarity with the place seemed like a good idea.

After my first visit, I expected the testing centre to have crusty old computers with extremely archaic Pearson software and creaky floorboards (you get the idea). Wasn't really like that though haha. Before the test I was highkey freaking out because all the other testing centres seemed so professional and yeah, don't do what I did because it doesn't matter where you do the UCAT, just give it your best shot. It took around a 1 and a half hour drive there, so I just chilled out to the radio, read a magazine and read some random Wikipedia articles in preparation for VR (following 2019's highest UCAT scorer's awesome tip: don't let VR be the first thing you read on the day!).

The registration process was very quick and easy, just had to fill in this form thingo and give in my ID, then gave the camera my biggest smile. I was taken into the testing room, where there were already candidates doing the test. Basically, everyone was from the 11am timeslot, except they had started really early because they got there early (which is funny, because I thought I walked in really early at 10:20am). Airport West was actually one of the places that DIDN'T provide earplugs, but funnily they had earplugs so I had to use those. They were really similar to the disposable earplugs I took to the testing centre myself, so no issues there. The centre also provided a cute lil drink bottle so thank god I didn't die from thirst during the test!!! We were given a bunch of yellow laminated sheets (bigger than A4) with grids that were spiral-bound together - there was more than enough of these (I only used 2 - one for DM and 1 for QR). I also had to wear a facemask during my test - luckily I had done a few practice mocks with a mask so it wasn't too bad, but it was very uncomfortable! I kept having to hold the mask out so I could actually breathe, which was weird because I never felt like that during my practice mocks (maybe I wore it wrong or something, idk). My reading glasses also kept fogging up so that was annoying, because I had learnt a way to position my glasses/mask so they wouldn't fog up during practice but that didn't work in the actual test.

Overall a pretty smooth experience!

TEST EXPERIENCE
NOTES: I do not divulge any specifics of each test or any particular questions - that would be called cheating haha, this is just general info on how I found everything!!! Also, there are multiple tests in circulation and different people find different things hard - take my experience with a grain of salt if you are also doing the UCAT later on, because ymmv.
VR:
I think VR was the exact same feel as the official resources. Before the test, I thought I'd at least be able to snag a 750 (especially considering VR would sometimes be my best section during practice), but I'm pretty happy with the 700. I was super nervous during VR and my hands were shaking because I just kept thinking over and over about how this 2-hour test would be weighted the same as my ATAR and yikes! Why did my brain decide to do that! We'd already been through this brain - no panicking! I finished with time left over, which I used to go over a passage I had skipped and go over other questions which I guesstimated. I didn't get to go over all the flagged questions I had guessed though, I hate that VR is so inference-y and implication-y.

DM:
Ok, YIKES. I'm no good at DM, but I was never expecting a score this low! I found DM quite hard - I was spending too long on those syllogisms and I kept trying to hurry up and just put an answer down and keep going because I didn't want to run out of time. Because of that, I have a feeling I lost marks on those pesky syllogisms. The logic puzzles were... not too bad I think. I think I still stuffed up a few though :(. Some of the probability questions were wack iirc, but overall I actually think it was sorta similar to the official resources, I think I just panicked throughout this section because of my poor VR performance and kept worrying about the next section (QR). I finished early and went through the questions I sorta guesstimated and wasn't sure about.

QR:
My biggest surprise! Once I finished the test, I felt like this score would miraculously be my best, and I was correct! I felt QR to be really easy - MUCH easier than the official mocks to say the least. I was really surprising myself as I cruised through the questions - I always got an answer that was one of the answer options (looks like I stuffed up somewhere though, considering my score!). You won't believe this, but I finished 7 whole minutes early. I took like 3 minutes to answer 2 questions that I had skipped and flagged, so had 4 minutes to just go through the rest of the section. I went to the start of the subsection and started redoing the questions in order to confirm if they were correct. Retrospectively, it would have been a better idea if I redid some of the questions I was a bit iffy about (coulda gotten a better score maybe!), but whatever that's not something my puny brain would have thought to do in a stressful test situation. 😂

AR:
Ok so after doing this section I was expecting like a ~600-700, didn't expect 870 even in my wildest dreams!!!!!! There was one entire pattern I couldn't get AT ALL - I came back to it a couple of times and still couldn't get it haha. I feel like if I had more time I would have gotten it, but I mean 13 minutes for 55 questions isn't exactly generous, is it? AR was sorta similar to the official mocks but sorta not - I feel like the official mocks had a greater proportion of qns with much harder conditional rules. There was also one pattern that I was SUPER iffy about, like I knew the pattern I'd formulated in my head wasn't the right pattern, or wasn't fully right, but I went with it anyway and looks like I got it correct! AR was like a blur, it went so fast!

SJT
Alrightio, this one was a bit weird. There were some scenarios I had never come across in my practice - I was expecting SJT to be more like how I felt during my practice, but it wasn't too bad I guess. Had a very similar feel to the official resources, except for some of the scenarios which I'd never come across. Overall it wasn't too bad, I obviously finished with loads of time left over. I decided to go over the entire of SJT again (changed quite a few answers in the process). It was weird to be going through my answers for SJT since that's something I never did during mock exams - I just got through SJT as quick as I could and would end the test haha. After doing SJT twice I still had time left and honestly could not be bothered so I just ended the test and left.

If those of you sitting the UCAT want to know the scores I got on my mock exams and mini-mocks (I used Medify, MedEntry and the official resources provided by Pearson), then of course you can!!! You can find them in this post here.

If you actually read even SOME of this massive journal update, I'll be grateful! <3 For those reading this post who are yet to do the UCAT, I want you guys to believe in yourself. Do NOT panic and stress yourself out (haha I'm a hypocrite, literally had a mental breakdown last night thinking about what would happen if I didn't score well on the UCAT). Good luck you guys!

I'm super proud of what I achieved - something I didn't think I could achieve in the first place. I just hope that this UCAT score takes me one step closer to my dream, Monash Med.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 11:26:27 pm by whys »
psych [50] bio [50]

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2020, 06:03:10 pm »
+5
THE UCAT
Prepare yourselves. This might be a bit of a long update ;).
Before I talk about my experience, I'd like to express my MASSIVE gratitude to everyone: family, friends, relatives, fellow AN buddies, 'random girl on the internet' (you know who you are) and just AN in general for being awesome. This test has been a pivotal point in my life and honestly, couldn't have done it without all the support and kind words from everyone in my life. <3

I bet half of youse are going to skip straight to where I'm gonna post my results, so I'm just going to post my results right here ;D:
Verbal Reasoning - 700
Decision Making - 690
Quantitative Reasoning - 880
Abstract Reasoning - 870
TOTAL - 3120
Situational Judgement - 643

I was (and still am) completely SHOCKED. Never in a MILLION, BILLION, heck even TRILLION years did I ever think I would get this high. Honestly, walking out of the exam I thought I was going to get borderline 90th percentile, but would you look at that!!! I actually did extremely well!!!! For those of you who don't know how UCAT scoring works, basically I did really well! According to last year, this score would be a 98th percentile. Hopefully this year, it's the same (or a 99th percentile - I definitely wouldn't complain if I got a higher percentile hah).
Omg, that sounds so good! I am very proud of you and it is clear that your hard work has paid off!  :) :)

Quick question - do you get your results straight away? i wouldn't expect that hahaha but it seems like you do

Good job on your INCREDIBLE ucat score and good luck for term 3  ;)
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2020, 06:07:08 pm »
+5
Hey whys! ;D

I SCREAMED MORE IN THIS JOURNAL UPDATE THAN I HAVE EVER BEFORE

For those of you who don't know how UCAT scoring works, basically I did really well!
This is literally the only thing my non-intelligent UCAT brain understands and let me say I don't think I've ever been so happy for some random anonymous person on the internet.❤️

I'm so glad to hear about your amazing scores!!😉 Even better, I'm so happy to hear everything went really well and you have done such an awesome job every step of the way. This is definitely one of the biggest achievements I've seen you accomplish and please celebrate more!! (I think it's time you invested in a large chocolate fountain for yourself). All that organisation and preparation has paid off and make sure you take a long relaxing break (and please get your sleep schedule under control no 2am AN browsing)

I absolutely love reading every detail of this journal update (like woah the dedication to write about the test centre is out of this world) and let me tell you, that dream of Monash Med for you just got 1000000% closer!

Thank you so much whys for writing this up and have a great week!

MoonChild1234

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2020, 06:26:06 pm »
+6
hey whys!

wow that score is actually incredible! well done :)

when did you start preparing? and did you notice anything in particular that you did that helped you improve?

also, WOW that abstract score! did you always find abstract easy or did you work on it a lot?

and you are so on the way to monash med!  ;D

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2020, 06:51:07 pm »
+5
Ahhhhhh why’s! You legend! I’ve actually secretly been waiting for this update because I knew you’d do amazing!!!! You totally inspire me!!!! My test is in a few weeks and I could only dream of those scores but you’ve inspired me to keep trying. Your definitely getting into monash med :)))))) can’t wait to read the rest of your VCE journal!!!!!!!!!

P.S how does it feel to have the UCAT officially out of your life? I almost regret scheduling mine on the last day and dragging this into term 3. I can’t imagine just being free of it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:00:29 pm by Coolgalbornin03Lo »
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝