Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:11:13 am

Author Topic: Teenage mood swings (cough cough* excuses)  (Read 555 times)

brothanathan

Teenage mood swings (cough cough* excuses)
« on: April 08, 2020, 01:00:31 pm »
-----
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 07:39:04 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

Re: The prophet with mild dyscalculia
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 07:39:50 pm »
+3
Maundy Talks, 7th of May

"This is what the Lord has done for me when he looked favourably on me and took away the disgrace I have endured among my people." (Luke 1:25)

Disgrace - Loss of reputation or respect as the result of a dishonourable action.

Is it really though? What does it mean by took away?

The Lord doesn't have to refer to some deity or god. It can be referring to your mind. It is the relationship you have with your mind.

The 'disgrace' is the burden/s that you uphold involuntarily, and should not revoke you from pursuing path that you/they may deem as ambitious.  It/they are only an aversion or hinderance if you make so. Understand what the 'disgrace' means to yourself, does it have to be abasing?

People here, refers to your surroundings and is not limited to those you associate with.

As much as one can say xyz influenced them to be a certain way, it is themselves that keeps them in that certain state, give in, and neglect themself. Why should you do this? Why should you continue to blame xyz? Why should you even consider a variation of this?

The moral here is subject to interpretation and open to interpretation.

One may say to think like this is dath and something to sneer, yet it is naiive to think that their intentions are pure.

For me, the moral is our future is not predetermined, so we are to persevere in life, and while doing so have self-efficacy. To do this we need to be accepting of ourselves, embrace our infirmities and not conceal them from our consciousness.

For understanding ourselves, alters our fate.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:19:23 pm by brothanathan »