Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:12:19 am

Author Topic: Should i push for sixth subject  (Read 2722 times)  Share 

drmixa

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Should i push for sixth subject
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »
It's annoying that they won't let you do a 3/4 without a 1/2, it is a bit unusual.
You could also look at other alternatives such as distance education or something similar (I'm not familiar with the options though). I would highly recommend doing a 3/4 in year 11 if you can just so you know what work's required to get what study score etc and see the competition from the state, as well as other benefits. Even if you have to go elsewhere to do it, it could be worth looking into :)

It's weird because they seemed to be ok with me to do 6 subjects in yr 12 (french, spec, chem, physics, eng, methods, i think i would die) but he is just totally against the idea of a 3/4 without the 1/2 (i feel certain at this point he isn't going to budge, after today). Definitely will look into distance education but i have heard they connect with your school so that might be an issue. definitely annoyed and would like to do the 3/4 next year, he just doesn't seem to think it would help and would rather i pour all my time into other subjects (would probs replace physics 1/2 with the 3/4) even though i feel like i could balance the 5 1/2s and 1 3/4  :'(

Thank you for advice

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:35:33 pm by drmixa »