Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 04:43:14 pm

Author Topic: Arts to Law?  (Read 790 times)  Share 

edgelt

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Arts to Law?
« on: August 12, 2017, 06:55:47 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm currently doing my VTAC preferences and was just wondering, if I were to do a double degree in Arts/Science or Arts/Business for example, what would happen if I were to attain a HD in my first year at Uni and transfer to Monash Law?

Is it even possible to do a double degree in my first year and then transfer to law, or would I have to do Arts or Science by itself? If so, do I get to choose what degree to drop?

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Arts to Law?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:18:29 pm »
+2
Hey everyone,

I'm currently doing my VTAC preferences and was just wondering, if I were to do a double degree in Arts/Science or Arts/Business for example, what would happen if I were to attain a HD in my first year at Uni and transfer to Monash Law?

Is it even possible to do a double degree in my first year and then transfer to law, or would I have to do Arts or Science by itself? If so, do I get to choose what degree to drop?
Hey!

You can definitely do a double then transfer.

I think you would do Law/Commerce? I'm not sure if Monash offers Law/Business - but yeah, you could 'choose' I suppose in the sense that you could apply for Arts/Law or Law/Commerce depending on your preferences.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

edgelt

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:32:07 am »
Thanks for the clarification!

I think you would do Law/Commerce? I'm not sure if Monash offers Law/Business - but yeah, you could 'choose' I suppose in the sense that you could apply for Arts/Law or Law/Commerce depending on your preferences.
If I were to do Arts/Science, majoring in Psychology for Science and transferred to Law/Science, would what I did in Psychology get creditted when I do it the next year?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 10:32:20 am »
If I were to do Arts/Science, majoring in Psychology for Science and transferred to Law/Science, would what I did in Psychology get creditted when I do it the next year?

Should do!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 12:17:47 pm »
+2
Yeah it absolutely would! I transferred from Arts/Science to Arts/Law and got Psychology credit when I changed over (but as Arts, not Science, but that won't make a difference)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️