Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:43:12 am

Author Topic: ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ moonie's vce journey  (Read 9138 times)

moonchild

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +29
Re: ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ moonie's vce journey
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 08:38:18 pm »
+2
make sure you rest and recover this holidays so you can come back fighting !
do you have any plans for the break ?  :D
ahaha so we meet again jeydanaazli ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ) 
hmm this holidays i wanna go to the terracotta warrior and the kaws exhibition aaaaa im so excited, been waiting for it hehe

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 09:42:52 pm »
+1
ahaha so we meet again jeydanaazli ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ) 
hmm this holidays i wanna go to the terracotta warrior and the kaws exhibition aaaaa im so excited, been waiting for it hehe

omg the kaws exhibition!!! i wanna go so badly

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 08:14:56 am »
+2
Oh my goodness I really want to see the Terracotta Warriors!!

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 11:01:41 pm »
+2
Oh my goodness I really want to see the Terracotta Warriors!!

its definitely worth going! i went last sunday and it was amazing, i went through the exhibition twice cause i didn't want to leave when i got to the end of and then spent another half an hour in the store ahaha, everything was so amazing ♡^▽^♡
i hope you do end up going!

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2019, 09:55:37 pm »
+3
hello, so we are about one week into holidays and i feel so unproductive
i've done around 2 practice exams for bio but idk, im kinda feeling not confident. im also not feeling very motivated, like i sorta feel random bursts of motivation and then its gone again, im working on that. Im also typing my notes again?? idk if thats productive or not, but im trying to summarise everything ig?? but its a lot more than i thought,,,
i still havent really found the way i study yet, and i still havent found a way that i would take information in effectively, so if any one can help me, pls help!!
im thinking of doing posters/mind maps of all the concepts hopefully i'll start soon! Also if anyone has tips on using the holidays effectively pls let me know! ive read thru the AN article on using the holidays effectively but idk if im working to the best of my abilities
other than that i havent really started any other holiday hw oops

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 10:44:58 pm »
+4
Hello there oh smart one,
I came here to say that I like the pfp. But I also do bio 3&4 so maybe I could be of some help?
hello, so we are about one week into holidays and i feel so unproductive
i've done around 2 practice exams for bio but idk, im kinda feeling not confident. im also not feeling very motivated, like i sorta feel random bursts of motivation and then its gone again, im working on that. Im also typing my notes again?? idk if thats productive or not, but im trying to summarise everything ig?? but its a lot more than i thought,,,
i still havent really found the way i study yet, and i still havent found a way that i would take information in effectively, so if any one can help me, pls help!!
im thinking of doing posters/mind maps of all the concepts hopefully i'll start soon! Also if anyone has tips on using the holidays effectively pls let me know! ive read thru the AN article on using the holidays effectively but idk if im working to the best of my abilities
other than that i havent really started any other holiday hw oops
- Summarising notes:
Summarising notes for what would be a good question to ask yourself? Are your current notes bad? Do you think its worth the time and effort? Do you have time and effort to spend on redoing notes? these are factors to consider. As my recommendation: If you're gonna summarise notes, do it in study design dot point way. Sorta like say for each dot point on the study design you would have notes specific to it. ATAR notes has a section for notes so you could just take it from them. lol.

- Motivation
Nahhhhh ma dude. You're being wayy too hard on yourself. WTF is even motivation. Those random bursts of energy you feel? Thats like pretty much what most of us do as well. Best way to stay motivated? Chill out. Trust that wht u do u do it for yourself. Dont be harsh on yourself lol. Everyone has no motivation to do anything rn lol. or if not everyone, I dont have motivation to do a lot of work. so chill.

- Study:
Concept maps and posters are great ideas. Heres a bit of how I would recommend you would do it. You do a few practice exams and mark yourself harshly. Fuck its even ok if you fail lmao. Note down what you got wrong. These are the things you should make mind maps for. Im currently making a dot point list of what I need to mention for Allopatric speciation questions. That sort of thing.
Just a reminder: Doing something is better than nothing.
Again these are sort of my recommendations and shit so take with a grain of salt. Oh before I go. You should check out Bio resources and look at how people got high study scores. They feel to me pretty motivational and the people that write them keep it pretty entertaining.

Ayy lmao ma dude have fun and cya later
Alucard
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2019, 12:53:12 pm »
+1
Summarising notes:
Summarising notes for what would be a good question to ask yourself? Are your current notes bad? Do you think its worth the time and effort? Do you have time and effort to spend on redoing notes? these are factors to consider. As my recommendation: If you're gonna summarise notes, do it in study design dot point way. Sorta like say for each dot point on the study design you would have notes specific to it. ATAR notes has a section for notes so you could just take it from them. lol.

- Study:
Concept maps and posters are great ideas. Heres a bit of how I would recommend you would do it. You do a few practice exams and mark yourself harshly. Fuck its even ok if you fail lmao. Note down what you got wrong. These are the things you should make mind maps for. Im currently making a dot point list of what I need to mention for Allopatric speciation questions. That sort of thing.
Just a reminder: Doing something is better than nothing.
Again these are sort of my recommendations and shit so take with a grain of salt. Oh before I go. You should check out Bio resources and look at how people got high study scores. They feel to me pretty motivational and the people that write them keep it pretty entertaining.

Ayy lmao ma dude have fun and cya later
Alucard

ahahahaha i love this,, thanks so much for the advice ma dude, hows bio revision going for you? im currently doing note based on the SD dot points, hopefully i can get them done soon or maybe ill just go on to doing the concept maps ahahah, again, thanks really appreciate it (≧∀≦ゞ

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 07:09:22 pm »
+6
term 4 has officially started, meaning the countdown starts till exam season!
its been okay so far and ive got a feel assessments already but its not too bad
im feeling less stressed abt everything, which i think is good
hopefully my time management and organisation wont be too bad this term,, cause i feel that this term is gonna be harsh.

bio:
- currently doing revision
- started on prac exams (ive gone thru a few)

eng:
- have an oral coming up
- got a language analysis to do
- got back my comparative (hehe, i'm quite happy with my marks)

methods:
- no assessments so far, just doing dif and antidif

spesh:
- no assessments so far as we just started a new topic

chem:
- gotten back an assessment (no too happy but i'll work harder for the next one)
- started limiting and excessive reactants
- i've asked for extension work to improve, so hopefully i can do better!

computing:
- in the middle of a sac (its a long one - quite a few classes long)
- its been pretty chill

overall, i feel like its kinda chill so far, so thats good
other than that, if anyone has their lote oral exam soon, good luck i'm sure you'll do great!

moonie out v( ̄ー ̄)v

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2019, 08:27:33 pm »
+1
overall, i feel like its kinda chill so far, so thats good
Good to hear- best of luck with the month or so ahead! ;D

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2019, 10:02:50 pm »
+6
update!!
hellooooo, we are headed to the end of term 4 at full steam, which means exams are in two weeks
idk if im ready yet ahaha but im getting there! gonna briefly update before i start studying

bio:
exams are two weeks away! slightly nervous but i hope i can get thru my last lot of prac exams and study effectively for it!
i have one more session at school with the class before everyone heads their own way to study for exams

methods:
just did a sac today, feeling okay about it but i couldve done better ig,, its alright tho! glad i finished the final assessment before the exams!

spesh:
i have some sort of idea whats going on in class, its hard but manageable! hopefully the last assessment is soon >_<

chem:
i have no idea whats going on ahahaha,, our teacher was away for the week but made us study a whole new section by ourselves,,
chem is my weak subject TT.TT

eng:
just finished orals this week, im pretty happy about it! got my comparative sac back and i did pretty decent! i have a language analysis left for this week as practise for exams TT.TT i need to finish it this weekend, other than that im happy with it

computing:
finished the long sac last week!! we just started on a new section for this term, ngl kinda lost but im getting the hang of it! one more sac to go for the year before examsss

overall, this week has been a ride no doubt >_< and im so glad its over tbh
i have a sac (for language school) tmr and i need to study for it hehehe, hopefully it'll be good

anyways thats all for now,
moonie out  ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 07:33:39 pm »
+1
update!!
hellooooo, we are headed to the end of term 4 at full steam, which means exams are in two weeks
idk if im ready yet ahaha but im getting there! gonna briefly update before i start studying
Study hard and best of luck! <3 Which subjects are you feeling the most confident about at the minute?  ;D

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 07:56:18 pm »
+8
hellooo~!
i'm back! its been a long month since i last posted on here,, but hopefully the results come out decent
so ive got one exam left until im officially done with exams this year - finally phew (edit: i'm finished nowww yayy!)
even though im not feeling the most confident about it hopefully it'll be okay,, ive got 2 days to study for it and finish up for the year yay!
i feel like this is gonna be a long post bahahaha,, aight lets get ittt

bio:
so its been 12 days since the bio exam and i refuse to open one of the bio exam solutions because i dont wanna know yet bahaha it was the start to exam season for me as it was my only 3/4 this year!
review of the exam tho - so first of all it is not anything like i had expected,, can i ask,, why was there like only half the study design on the exam?? i really did put all my effort into revising, studying, doing prac exams but only half of it was relevant?? bruhhh,,, i mean at least its done now but it was a ridiculous exam. 2nd of all,,, ahaha as soon as i opened section b i was caught off guard and i kinda think i wrote the wrong answer,,,, i think i did okay, as i think i couldve done better but yk nothing we can do about it now~
i think i couldve done it better by time managing better,, i think i spent too much time planning my answers that i almost ran out of writing time yikes
but all in all, it was a good experience for next year and i don't regret doing bio at all - if anything im really glad that i did it in yr 11
aight now i kinda wanna write like a bio 3/4 advise post or smt bahahaha

eng:
aight so like normal exam week begins with english,, the beloved english ahahaha
i think i did better than i expected, i actually finished within time frame (2 hrs for 2 essay - a language analysis and comparative)
i honestly should tried and practiced before the exam but ran out of time - whoops,,
yea not much,, just pretty happy with how i went - for the first time i wasn't panicking about an exam ahahah
i think this year for english i didnt really learn much : (( and didnt get much feedback all year,, i didnt even get feed back on any of my sac even tho i asked : (( overall it wasnt the best year for english

chem:
wowwwee i actually made it through the academic year for chem~ pretty impressive if i dont say so myself bahahaha jokesss
this year chem has been the most difficult - then spesh ahaha - but i think its been pretty enjoyable (for the most part). once again for this subject i didnt learn as much - or more so the thing i learnt didnt stick to memory as much as i would've liked,, my teacher wasn't bad but they weren't good either. they didnt really teach as efficiently,, there was just a bunch of worksheet and we were suppose to just know what we were doing,, but dont worry i did end up asking for help one on one which was more effective - i learnt much more and got lots of clarification that way so im glad~
the exam itself was pretty okay - there were a few qs i didnt do as i wasnt sure how to do it but its alright,, i think im happy that i had approached more questions than i would usually and actually tried to do the qs. overall chem was pretty okay this year, it was hard (expected) but also fun in some aspects, i learnt i was good at titrations ahahaah

spesh:
okay this one is a big shock,, how did i manage to pass this year ahahaha??? i kinda did the wrong thing and decided to focus on bio only instead of doing my other subjects and spesh has probably taken the worst from it,,, i actually have no idea how i managed to do spesh. im definitely not continuing it next year even if i wanted to (cause of the school) but i dont regret choosing it. often i find that many do regret choosing a subject, but i think it should be looked at from a different perspective, i think we should see it as an experience. in saying that i have learnt a lot through spesh, even if i wasnt spesh it self - i learnt more about myself in a way ahahaahahaha next,,,
the exam itself was very long - apparently no one finished it - and it was hard (as expected),,, yikesss but other than that i sorta went in with my limited spesh knowledge and tried my best. overall i dont think spesh is for me even if i really wanted to do it last year~ no regrets, im glad i did choose it this year

computing:
what a year, computing was actually one of my spontaneous decision i made during the last day of term?? i literally jumped into the class a day before the class ahaah and no regrets at all. i wont say im good or anything at computing but i did get to learn more coding, something i was interested in since yr 7. this year i learnt c# while previously i had learnt python and it was actually fun. it was more theory than i had expected but it was worth it cause i got to learn lots from it!
onto the exam, it wasnt actually too bad,, i think i did mess up one code and a pseudocode but its alright! hopefully my results come out decently ahahahah overall very funn

methods:
okay so methods exam was okay,,, i did skip a few questions having ran out of time but thats okay! hopefully my exam wasnt too bad
this year for methods i didnt do as well as i wouldve liked but i did pass so thats good i guess,,, i think the exam was pretty long but at least its over now
i dont have too much to write on methods, just glad that im continuing it next year

anyways,, so thats the end to my long evaluation(?) of this academic year, it has been different and new to me but it was exciting in a way - i made new friends, learnt lots and finally this year has come to an end~
i hope all those who still have exams do their best - best of luck for you guys! and for everyone who has finished all their exams - you've done well, sit back and relax now that its over!

moonie out ヾ(☆▽☆)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:16:56 pm by moonchild »

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 08:11:37 pm »
+1
Do you currently have headstart/orientation/early commencement for Yr 12, moonchild?

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 10:17:14 pm »
+2
Do you currently have headstart/orientation/early commencement for Yr 12, moonchild?
ohh yess! i just finished the orientation actually! had 2 weeks of it and wow the pace of it is very fast~

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2019, 09:15:27 pm »
+2
What do you reckon will be your hardest and favourite subjects?
Any plans for the holidays?

I reckon next yr chem will be the hardest and then methods ahahaha so i gotta focus on those!
for the holidays, ill probably chill, try finish as much holiday hw before new year and just relax i guess, how about you?