Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 07:21:19 pm

Author Topic: STUDENT IN NEED OF HELP !!!!  (Read 784 times)  Share 

eric11588

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
STUDENT IN NEED OF HELP !!!!
« on: July 30, 2017, 04:21:48 pm »
hey guys, so my ap4 are coming up in like a week. i didnt revise much for my subjects ie. Physics, Engineering Studies and biology. And ik my bio is gonna get flunked since i fail all my tests. So what is the fastest way to memorise and understand in topics such as Blueprint of life, and pracs in all topics and also tackling bio questions correctly (like using right terminology and stuff). I gave my teacher a week ago my answers from 2001 - 2004 MAB questions but i got mostly 0 even tho i did it open book. NEED HELP PLSSSSSSS!

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Re: STUDENT IN NEED OF HELP !!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:11:05 pm »
+1
I'd suggest using flash cards for key concepts, such as key definitions of pathogens and how each pathogen differs from the previous.
For the processes, such as DNA replication and protein synthesis, I recommend remembering a flowchart version, and then expand on that in the exams.
Using the right terminology ultimately comes down to your understanding, which relates back to using flash cards.

If your option topic is Genetics, you should understand and describe the process of DNA fingerprints with a cycle or flowchart, as a visualisation of the process is one of the most efficient studying guides (if you can understand things visually).

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: STUDENT IN NEED OF HELP !!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 06:28:17 pm »
+1
hey guys, so my ap4 are coming up in like a week. i didnt revise much for my subjects ie. Physics, Engineering Studies and biology. And ik my bio is gonna get flunked since i fail all my tests. So what is the fastest way to memorise and understand in topics such as Blueprint of life, and pracs in all topics and also tackling bio questions correctly (like using right terminology and stuff). I gave my teacher a week ago my answers from 2001 - 2004 MAB questions but i got mostly 0 even tho i did it open book. NEED HELP PLSSSSSSS!

Teach someone else those topics. Whether it be a friend, a parent, a pet or a wall, teaching is the single most effective way to learn something. So after you've read something, try to explain it. If you can explain it, you've learned it. If you haven't learned it, the process of trying to explain it will help you organise your thinking and understand the content better so that you can memorise it :)
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd