Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 11:39:23 pm

Author Topic: Society and Culture Extended Response. PLZ help!  (Read 603 times)

walkmik

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Society and Culture Extended Response. PLZ help!
« on: February 25, 2019, 06:11:28 pm »
I'm studying for a topic test I will sit in two days and I want to gain some feedback on a few of my questions. Could anyone help?

'Using a contemporary example, describe the nature of authority in ONE country you have studied'

My response:
In Afghani culture, family and society operate in a patriarchal system of authority. This is where the men within the community are given a higher level of authority over women in both family life and the wider community. The man is the 'head of the house' and the women in the family are required to seek council and approval on any action they take. They are required to ask permission to leave the house or entertain guests. An example of this patriarchal system in the meso environment would be the restrictions placed on women in regards to where they are allowed, when they are allowed to be there and who they can go with such as cafes or businesses. 
'What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?' -Van Gogh

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Society and Culture Extended Response. PLZ help!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 07:52:00 pm »
+3
Hey there,

How many marks is this response worth? The amount of marks should be an indication of how detailed your response should be. From what I've read, your response is a good start since you've used the SAC concepts needed but because the question says 'contemporary example', I would try and find a stronger example, preferably from recent news. Here's an example you could include in your response since you could quote Haidari's explanation of the Taliban's ideology towards women.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW