Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:52:08 am

Author Topic: Doing past papers by topic all in one go or spread over the year?  (Read 856 times)  Share 

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Hey guys, we have finished our first extension topic induction. As I've heard that doing past papers is the best way to study, my question now is should I do all past paper induction questions in one go like in one or two weekends, or should I do one or two a week spread over the year?

Sorry for the abundance of questions on the same subject!
Thank you!

S_R_K

• MOTM: Feb '21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +58
Re: Doing past papers by topic all in one go or spread over the year?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 12:05:31 pm »
Hey guys, we have finished our first extension topic induction. As I've heard that doing past papers is the best way to study, my question now is should I do all past paper induction questions in one go like in one or two weekends, or should I do one or two a week spread over the year?

Sorry for the abundance of questions on the same subject!
Thank you!

You should do both. Do a bunch of questions now to master the topic, but also make sure you return to the topic at increasingly spaced intervals throughout the year. You should also aim to do questions on the topic when they are included amongst questions on other topics.

Don't worry too much about doing the same question twice, as long as there is a big enough time gap between your attempts.

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Re: Doing past papers by topic all in one go or spread over the year?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 06:55:57 pm »
Hey, fair enough! I think this is the approach I am most likely to go with. I am only even considering doing one question per week because a maths teacher told me that  this approach is good because "it is so easy to forget".