Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:36:17 pm

Author Topic: Help With Frequently Asked HSC Bio Questions Please?  (Read 1320 times)  Share 

jswimj

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Help With Frequently Asked HSC Bio Questions Please?
« on: October 22, 2018, 01:50:17 pm »
Hi everyone!!

I'm trying to study for Bio and I've been told by many people there are some questions that always pop up in the HSC or frequently appear in the exam.
Just wondering if anyone could please help we with identifying these sorts of questions and what they normally ask for?

Thank you!!!!!

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21
Re: Help With Frequently Asked HSC Bio Questions Please?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 01:57:01 pm »
+3
Hi everyone!!

I'm trying to study for Bio and I've been told by many people there are some questions that always pop up in the HSC or frequently appear in the exam.
Just wondering if anyone could please help we with identifying these sorts of questions and what they normally ask for?

Thank you!!!!!

The immune response, antibiotics/vaccinations, theories of evolution, transgenics/reproductive technologies (8 markers), epidemiology.

There's a website called HSCNinja which lets you see how many times every individual dot point has been asked in HSC exams, you may find that helpful :).
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

jswimj

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:20:23 pm »
The immune response, antibiotics/vaccinations, theories of evolution, transgenics/reproductive technologies (8 markers), epidemiology.

There's a website called HSCNinja which lets you see how many times every individual dot point has been asked in HSC exams, you may find that helpful :).

Thank you!!! Are these just for 8 markers? Or just common questions in general?

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:52:55 pm »
+1
Thank you!!! Are these just for 8 markers? Or just common questions in general?

I find the last Blueprint of Life dot point is common for 8 markers, along with something along the lines of “how increased understandings in biology/advancements in technology have led to impacts on society”. The rest are just for common questions
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 03:00:03 pm »
+1
Interpreting pedigrees almost always appears in a MC question.

Another avenue for the 8-markers: they may ask you to talk about a specific scientist and link it to another concept - therefore, make sure you know all your scientists.

Not sure what option you are doing, but for comm, questions about accommodation, hearing aids vs cochlea implants and the threshold potential for an action potential seem to come up often.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

jswimj

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 09:22:31 pm »
Interpreting pedigrees almost always appears in a MC question.

Another avenue for the 8-markers: they may ask you to talk about a specific scientist and link it to another concept - therefore, make sure you know all your scientists.

Not sure what option you are doing, but for comm, questions about accommodation, hearing aids vs cochlea implants and the threshold potential for an action potential seem to come up often.  :)

Thank you! and yeah, I have seen those pedigree questions come up quite a bit.

My option is Genetics:The Code Broken?, Are there many patterns of reoccurring questions there?

Thank you!!!